It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

This time I'd say I jumped from about 6mgs.. I was all over the place but at least the last week I was at 6mgs.. I had to work through it as well so it seemed to make the days go faster. Only one day did I got in late to try to sleep a little more. I exercise daily, eat, and drink a lot of water and just started with Gatorade. I slept last night from 9pm to 5am (now on the east coast).. I'm on day 13 and feeling pretty decent. I really think the being forced to live and not being able to stop has really helped it get better faster.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 11 So the .25 I don't think made much of a difference, it took my back pain away and aloud me to sleep a little one night, I still haven't slept much but I'm going to one day. I've tried everything over the counter (benadryl, all the pms, zzzzz, unsiama, melatonin, etc, etc. Other then that I feel pretty great, still have good moments and bad ones. Just wish I could sleep but 5 years on this, my brain must be a little f×××××.

Last edited by jjindamorning on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm glad you're doing so well!! So you're on like day....12? Yeah sleep can be a B word during these times. Some nights I feel like I'm really gonna knock out for 8 hours and then I'm up after 4. However, in my experience I know sleep does return and you can sleep just as good without opiates. I could fall asleep whenever I wanted, including taking naps.. I hope you keep posting and check out my process getting off in the rear view section if you want a "jump partner".. We're only a few days apart

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Um I think I'm on day 5, after the .25m, and yeah day 12, almost 13. The days are starting to blend together. What is gabardine? I'm starting to read your ?journal And noticed you used it early on to sleep. Also am I writing in the wrong place? I've been using my phone and it didn't have as much info.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No, actually I'm writing in the wrong place. I meant to have my thread in the Stopping Suboxone section but somehow messed that up. I used Gabapentin until recently for all my symptoms and it worked wonders. However, it's about a 50/50 mix of people who say it either will or will not cause its own withdrawal symptoms. So I didn't use it long. It helped me with my mood, energy, sleep, stomach pains, etc. It was excellent but like with anything we have to be careful. I think it's actual name may be Neurontin. I wouldn't think too much about your slip as far as how many days clean you are, but use it to better educate yourself at how easy it is for these things to happen. It freaking killed me when I least expected it, I'd be over a year, instead I'm back here counting days, haha.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 11, Monday was probably the 3rd worst day. mostly cause we are in the process of hiring and I had to spend the day with him, it was a test of patients. I've gotten 10 hrs of sleep in the last two nights and mornings seem to be hardest but I've scheduled out a brutal week so no free time to think about pain. My legs feel a lot less heavy and I only have the sneezes, sweats, and my stomach is in knots randomly, today was probably the best day. It still comes in waves. I am trying to spend as much time around people, or watching comedies, still can't sit through a whole movie but my A.D.D. is getting much better!

Last edited by jjindamorning on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I remember laughing being my best resource last time so I've tried to watch some of my favorite stand up comedians but i can't get through them either. You know the stomach knots I hate soooo much. If I wake up with my stomach feeling empty, grumbling and just all over the place it makes my whole day off.. Everything else is fine, but that still lingers. Staying busy does help so much I took a trip 2500 miles in a small box truck last time on day 12 and I just remember not thinking at all what day I was on the whole trip and got back and it was day 17. I didn't sleep the whole time in the truck cause I'm not sleeping sitting up in withdrawal so from that day forward including the last day and 1/2 of the trip I slept great.. I think my only discouragement is this time last time I was feeling excellent by this time and right now I'm sick with a stomach virus. I know I'll have to let it pass but man I just want it over with. I'm glad you're doing good and I hope your busy schedule makes it fly by. We should be feeling our own homemade euphoria soon enough. Good night

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 13 thanks for your support on here QA! I wish I would of written from day 1 so I could go back and remember during hard times. So today was a great day! Woke up early got like 5 hrs of sleep, restful sleep too! Not tossing and turning and having rapid dreams! It still took me a hr to get ready and so maybe it's good I'm waking up at 6. Went to work, early, and just said im going to get caught up, and pretty much did. Stayed late as well, I've normally been waiting for 5 to hit so I could get out of the office. luckily I have a great job for an A.D.D. person. The only bad part about the day was I was sweating in my pits and my boss loves to run the A/C super cold but I guess it good practice for my body to figure out how to deal with uncontrolled environment. Got home made dinner, relaxed a bit and then went to my game. The first time I sprinted it felt like I have been smoking for years again. Which I haven't for 4 years. I'm not sure if it's snot in my lungs or what but I could feel my lungs hitting my ribs and it hurt but I really want to run and play so I went as long as I could. It kinda sucks cause these las two weeks I've been as good to my body as I've ever been but I guess I still have to start over with everything. But the good news is that right now I feel the most normal I've ever felt since quitting, and other then sneezes, I feel normal! I can't wait for tomorrow cause it'll be 2 weeks from when I jumped. this is the longest I've ever gone without being in jail or a hospital. I really thought at times I'd have to get arrested again to get off suboxone.

Last edited by jjindamorning on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 14, it was a bit tougher then yesterday but went to bed about 11 last night and woke up a few times but finally at 4, then tried to fall back asleep, finally did around 7, slept another 1hr and then woke up and hurried to work. Today was a little tougher but it was overall great. Had a little skin crawling, sweats back pain but all in all it was a better day. My wife is picking up my slack around the house so that's been nice. I didn't exercise today just went on a walk which was nice.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:57 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

jjinda...you are doing great at 2 weeks off subs! Hang in there...things should start to get better very soon. Remember that your brain is learning to do its own thing again and that everyday is a victory! I know you cannot wait to have a full night's sleep.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So Day 15 wasn't so bad, the mornings are still rough but that is because I use to take it in the morning for energy. As the day goes on I start to feel better. Still having minor things, like skin crawling, low energy, sweats and SNEEZES. Ate my first full meal though were I actually got stuffed. I felt much better after that. Then I got about 8 hrs of sleep and that was awesome. I probably could of gotten more but I had to go into work. Which leads me into DAY 16, much better morning, felt normal, went to work for a half the day, then went up into the mountains, it was raining but still gorgeous up there. Now I'm leaving for the weekend. Oh saw my dr today and he thought I was doing really good for the amount I jumped at. He had another patient jump off of 4 mgs a week ago who almost felt no WD. He to was a heroin addict and stayed really busy. So I think before I jumped I only wanted to hear the bad stories. When I tapered down to .5 I wasn't ready. I wanted to be on some form of opiate and just get by. But now I don't.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I've been following your thread. Sounds like you got it under control. And that's great! A lot of us are envying you right now! lol
Stay the course,
Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 17/18 both have been similar in what I've done and felt so going to lump them together. Was a little lazy these days. Still went on walks but spent moat of the days playing games with my family, we are getting a lot of rain so not much outside time. I'm still experiencing minor wd symptoms like skin crawling, still not getting 8hrs, closer to 5-6, sweats have mostly gone. My senses are a notch below what they were, things are starting to taste good instead of making me nausea. I feel quite lucky, I really don't have any anxiety or problems in my life right now.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 19, got 8hrs of sleep. My lungs still hurt hurt if I try to do cardio, pretty sure it's mucus in them. Other then that I'm feeling great, Still getting random stuff throughout the day. Mostly sneezing. Has anyone experienced blurry vision when getting off, my eyes just went back to normal on friday, I wear glasses so I wonder if my eye sight changed. I really feel lucky that I'm not even at day 21 and already feeling this good. I still have to motivate myself to move and still feel tired/fatigue randomly. Got back in town today and have another busy week ahead, I'm not going to lie, it was super nice having a few lazy days.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:19 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

jjinda...dropping in to see how you were doing. Glad to hear you had a good weekend and things are getting much better for you. YOU are making this a success story and that's a good read for those of us who still have a jump in our future. Thanks for posting your progress and I hope today is another good day for you :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks CA, today was another good day. I'm still tired a lot but it was a long weekend. other then that I have nothing to complain about, my sneezes went down. Tomorrow is 3 weeks from the jump.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My lungs are starting to feel better now too. I might have to deal with it for a few more weeks but nothing feels better then a run

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Three weeks since the jump, today was a bit rough but I think that's cause I pushed myself to hard Monday and yesterday, can't complain though, oh and I was rushed at lunch and ate McD, which is the first processed food I had in 4 weeks. I still feel like I need an energy boost at work but maybe it's time to let coffee back in my Life. Other then that things are going good.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:00 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Nice to hear a good report! Yes! Allow yourself a cup of coffee...you deserve it :) I drink one cup every morning when I get up and I can't imagine having to give it up.

jjinda, I am very proud for you that things are going good. You don't know how much it means to me to hear your "jump story" and to know that you are getting along so well. I'm feeling a bit anxious about my next drop this Sunday...but I read you and qa's stories about just stopping altogether and I feel I can do this. You are still living your life while getting through this and that is exactly what I need to hear. :) You have 3 weeks under your belt now and I really feel the worst is over for you....it's all uphill from here!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 22, I was lazy at work. Had a good day though. Sleeping well and feeling pretty good. Still have minor stuff but nothing bad. My family noticed I smile more so that's good.
Day 23, today was probably the best day, great night of sleep and worked hard, came home, went to dinner, chose a bad restaurant but it's still nice going out. Mowed my lawn and made it so tomorrow I dont have much to do.