It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Switched at 31mgs methadone... Hadn't dosed in 72 hours at time of seeing Sub Dr. Things have gone great since. No negative side effects no side effects at all actually other than that disgusting taste lol but they do seem very very comparable as far as their primary function. I am planning on adjusting to my current prescribed dose of 2 8's a day but I only can do an 8 in am and 4 in pm. After a couple of weeks at that I'll go to 4/4.. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:31 pm 

That's fantastic news!! You're doing so great!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:33 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you Amy!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:50 pm 

Hi Aginn, Welcome! Sounds like you are doing really well! Keep up the good work! Please keep us posted about how you are doing! I wish you continued success!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I think it's day 4 or so? But no problems whatsoever. I am in disbelief!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am so glad to hear your message about switching from M to Sub. I'm about to do the same and I have been dreding it. My doctor prescribed me 2.5 twice tabs twice a day which I don't think is enough but we'll see. I'm still in the process of getting my insurance to accept it. Right now they're saying I can't have tabs so the pharmacy is calling him to get it changed to film. I also needed a pre-auth, got that. But they're telling me the co-pay is going to be 100 bucks and I can't do that so I'm waiting to see what the work around for that is going to be. Thank god I saved enough methadone to get me through all this red tape. I've tapered down from 40mgs of methadone to 20 and by the time I get the suboxone in my hands and all set up I will be down to 10mg. Then I'm just going to stop and do the 2 or 3 day white knuckle game until I feel it's safe enough to start the bup. I've quit methadone so many times I know I can get through 3 days feeling a little shaky so I'm not worried about that part. I just hope my body takes to the suboxone and I don't have to pay 100 bucks every damn month plus the 35. for the office visit copay.

Anyway, i'm so glad to hear you're input about how it's going and hope to hear more. I will ad mine as I go along...thanks so much!! love ya all! megster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, major congrats man. I am thinking I would have saved myself a lot of money and discomfort doing it your way (see my thread in this forum called "Tricky Induction"). Hopefully I'll feel as stable as you in a few days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

megster wrote:
I just hope my body takes to the suboxone and I don't have to pay 100 bucks every damn month plus the 35. for the office visit copay.

Dude what were you paying at the M clinic if you don't mind me asking. Mine charged $98/week, so $392/mo, cash only, no insurance, no credit cards, no checks. No money, no dose.

Just sayin, compared to the M, $135/mo sounds amazing!