It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:09 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

My last dose of suboxone was Friday evening it was 8mg I have tried tapering in the past and it just didn't work for me. I've been on subs since April of last year. Last time I tried to quit it didn't work, so this time I got my life in order plus got on antidepressants and a low dose of ativan, the ativan I got on the week before I decided to jump. I was only take 8mgs every 3 to 7 days for the past month and also I have been taking a vitamin pack with everything needed for withdrawal in it plus b12 and NAC, HERE it is day five and no major wd symptoms at all! I am praying that I have made it this time! I have worked every day until today bc today is my day off, work was not easy put I have a physically demanding job 12 hours on my feet. I hope this is the worst of it.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:27 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am aware I may not be out of the woods just yet, but I am praying that iI am. Any advice on what to expect would be greatly appreciated :D

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Greetings Kirsten; Wow, stopping suddenly sounds very brave, I hope it goes well for you.

I'm down to 1 mg/day, and I know what you mean about the difficulty of tapering. But I don't think I could quit suddenly, at least not without a couple weeks free, which I'm not going to get anytime soon.

I hope you'll keep posting and talk about how it's going for you.

-- JI

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

kearsten wrote:
My last dose of suboxone was Friday evening it was 8mg I have tried tapering in the past and it just didn't work for me. I've been on subs since April of last year. Last time I tried to quit it didn't work, so this time I got my life in order plus got on antidepressants and a low dose of ativan, the ativan I got on the week before I decided to jump. I was only take 8mgs every 3 to 7 days for the past month and also I have been taking a vitamin pack with everything needed for withdrawal in it plus b12 and NAC, HERE it is day five and no major wd symptoms at all! I am praying that I have made it this time! I have worked every day until today bc today is my day off, work was not easy put I have a physically demanding job 12 hours on my feet. I hope this is the worst of it.

Heya Kearsten. So you've gone 7 days without a dose in the past month? What was it like after a week?
I'm not sure how much 8 mg - every 3 to 7 days over a month - works out in terms of half life in your system, so don't know how to call it. I jumped at 2 mg daily, things started getting the most squirrely for me after about 6-7 days. I'd say hope for the best, be prepared for it to maybe get worse for a period (but hopefully manageable). You sound well armed with the meds and nutritional supplements, and probably physically in good shape when considering your work, so it could continue to go well.

Keep us posted if you can, and godspeed!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:19 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

To be honest I only felt minor withdrawals after the 7 days, I was offsuboxone for almost six weeks but was using high doses of hydros and percs BC I was scared of wd and when I stopped it was bad, really really bad so I got back on the subs, been back on them for about six or 7 weeks. My dose hasn't been stable at all, I just know with all my heartiI am ready to be finished once and for all this time, I've gained 30 pounds on subs retain fluid like crazy not to mention the acne acne and not being able to use the bathroom. I have been peeing and pooping like crazy these past few days however lol. So I don't know why I'm not having a hard time right now I pray it doesn't come but if it does I will fight through it with everything I have in me and with the power of Christ! I just want to beneath again happy naturally! My prayers are with all of this, also I watch videos on YouTube of people quitting such an inspiration and gives. Me so much hope in my heart!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Sorry for all the typos, posting from my phone :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:27 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

kearsten wrote:
Sorry for all the typos, posting from my phone :wink:

shit don't feel bad, I cant type with a keyboard and spellcheck, welcome, KEEP POSTING
:!:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:48 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Day 6 slept great woke up feeling good, just runny nose and watering eyes and bathroom issues. Nothing to complain about, praise the Lord!! !!!! Have a blessed day to all of you!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds good so far, kearsten. Glad you're finding the withdrawal symptoms (bathroom and watery eyes...) tolerable. You can try Imodium if the bathroom issues start to cause problems at work (leaving to use toilet too often, raising eyebrows that maybe you're slacking or something)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:36 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I dont really want anything to stop the bathroom issues.... as long as ive been constipated i want it all out lol!!!!! Tomorrow will be 7 days, I know thats when it will probably get bad until day 14 on day 14 i plan on stopping the ativan i dont want another addiction on my hands. Im hoping since ive been on wellbutrin for a while i wont have to deal with the whole depression thing. Im giving myself until the 7th and that will be two full weeks so hopefully the worst of it will be over with. I have been thanking God over and over again, the power of prayer is amazing! God bless you all. Ive been mentally preparing myself for this since i started the subs back. I feel happier with each day that passes.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:39 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

great work...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

kearsten wrote:
I dont really want anything to stop the bathroom issues.... as long as ive been constipated i want it all out lol!!!!!

Oh you'll get it all out alright. And probably then some. I actually think your approach is a good thing to a point, because the intestines and colon are a waste removal system, and that includes toxins poured in from the lymph system, which when blocked up can leach back into the general system and make one have issues, from aches and pains in joints, perhaps the acne increase you have (toxins leaching out of blocked up intestines coming out pores), etc. But there can come a point where the constipation build up is all gone and food passes through too fast, and one might even literally piss water outta their asshole, to be blunt. Hopefully it doesn't get nearly that bad for you. It might not because sub withdrawal isn't as intense as with short acting opiate withdrawal, just longer duration. Stay hydrated if the bowel movements are runny.

As an aside, there is actually an opiate receptor in the intestinal tract. Weird huh? They aren't all in the brain. Imodium is actually an opioid drug, but gets kicked out of the blood brain barrier pronto, before it can attach to any opiate receptors in the brain. Well maybe only generally, as I've seen some anecdotes of people popping huge quantities of Imodium pills, like, 50-100 at a time, and it stopping all withdrawals. If true, such massive amounts must overwhelm the physiological mechanism that normally kicks it back out of the blood brain barrier, so some hits the brain's receptors. But anyway, that's all an academic tangent, but the intestinal opiate receptor is why Imodium is so effective at stemming diarrhea tsunamis during acute withdrawal. If you start passing what you ate recently and it has consistency of soup, might wanna rethink the Imodium-- might not happen in your case, but if it does and your adamant about not slowing it down with Imodium, stay hydrated. Gatorade is good, as it also helps replace depletion of electrolytes.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:14 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Its day 7 and i woke up feeling more wds than i have the last six days :cry: shaking bathroom issues are worse stopped up nose watering eyes chills leg cramps and just over all feeling bad and the crying has started. I think i will get some immodium and gatorade and bananas today that is if i leave the house last thing i need is to be dehydrated on top of everything else. I figured it would probably hit today bc this is when i would ususlly dose. I dont want to get out of bed but i know i need to. My older son didnt have to go to school today hes exempt from semester tests so hes helping with my three year old. I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and my knee gave out on me and i was on the floor crying and in pain. I have to have a minor procedure done on my knee in two weeks.... i have a script for oxycodone 5mg and i am debating weather to get it filled or not and have my boyfriend hold on to them and give me obe or two a day to help with my knee pain i am absolutely terrified to take them and end up where i started i am taking 800mg ibprofen right now but it doesnt help :oops: just makes me very nauseated. Im feeling very depressed today any tips or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated i save my ativan for night bc it knocks me out very low tolerance ti benzos. Thank you all for sharing advice and what you have been through with me. I cant even think clearly this morning brain fog, will this get worse and if so how long will it last a week? Or a few days?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:39 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

kearsten wrote:
Its day 7 and i woke up feeling more wds than i have the last six days :cry: shaking bathroom issues are worse stopped up nose watering eyes chills leg cramps and just over all feeling bad and the crying has started. I think i will get some immodium and gatorade and bananas today that is if i leave the house last thing i need is to be dehydrated on top of everything else. I figured it would probably hit today bc this is when i would ususlly dose. I dont want to get out of bed but i know i need to. My older son didnt have to go to school today hes exempt from semester tests so hes helping with my three year old. I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and my knee gave out on me and i was on the floor crying and in pain. I have to have a minor procedure done on my knee in two weeks.... i have a script for oxycodone 5mg and i am debating weather to get it filled or not and have my boyfriend hold on to them and give me obe or two a day to help with my knee pain i am absolutely terrified to take them and end up where i started i am taking 800mg ibprofen right now but it doesnt help :oops: just makes me very nauseated. Im feeling very depressed today any tips or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated i save my ativan for night bc it knocks me out very low tolerance ti benzos. Thank you all for sharing advice and what you have been through with me. I cant even think clearly this morning brain fog, will this get worse and if so how long will it last a week? Or a few days?

Hey Kearsten,
Hang in there!! It will get better; when I dropped to .5mg I had a couple of days of depression; I also have kids, and understand how hard it is taking care of others when all you want to do is crawl under the covers. I'm worried about you having thoughts of oxy right now...I would talk with you doc and be completely honest. I think oxy may undo all your hard work; I know if I were feeling week and oxy were available, it would be hard to resist abusing it. Something that really really helped me and is helping me is exercise and music (and posting!). Not sure what your options are with your knee problems, but if there is some way you can get your heart rate up for at least 20 min., that may help. I am scared enough of the depression that I'm forcing myself out the door in the mornings early to run, and I always feel better afterwards. I'm not as far along as you are yet though...keep posting!
rca

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:39 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Day 8, i am at the doctor right now on top of everything else i think i have caught strep throat and a horrible sinus and upper respitory infection :| it hurts so bad when i cough and its some pretty nasty stuff. I havent been sick like this in a very long time and when i leave here i still have to go to work 12 hour shifts for the next four days. Im not suppose to be working bc of my knee but i have three children and bills to pay im saving my sick time for when i have surgery on my knee. Im in a knee brace, i pretty much just have to suck it up bc i have no one to help out financially. So im gonna get some antibiotics and head to work, at least this will explain why i look like poo for the next few days. Anyways ill keep on praying and God bless all of you we are stronger than we think!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Btw i didnt get the oxycodone filled. I know i will have to take something after surgery but i also know the consequences of abusing pain medication so i know in my heart ivwont go back down that road. Today is worse than yesterday but idk if its from being sick or wds ugh i just want to scream but that would make my throat hurt worse. God bless you all.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can remember getting deathly sick a couple times when I stopped using heroin a couple times, after a few years of daily misuse. Never got sick while using or misusing opiates, but it was like stuff got saved up, then it caught up with me once I was opiate free (for awhile).

If you're toughing out a suboxone drop from 8 mg/ day to nothing, that's pretty amazing. Don't think I've got it in me to do the same thing, hence my slower taper. But there's definitely something to be said for just stopping the sh*t now, and fighting your way through the worst of the withdrawal.

I hope you keep posting about how it's going.

-- JI

kearsten wrote:
Day 8, i am at the doctor right now on top of everything else i think i have caught strep throat and a horrible sinus and upper respitory infection :| it hurts so bad when i cough and its some pretty nasty stuff. I havent been sick like this in a very long time and when i leave here i still have to go to work 12 hour shifts for the next four days. Im not suppose to be working bc of my knee but i have three children and bills to pay im saving my sick time for when i have surgery on my knee. Im in a knee brace, i pretty much just have to suck it up bc i have no one to help out financially. So im gonna get some antibiotics and head to work, at least this will explain why i look like poo for the next few days. Anyways ill keep on praying and God bless all of you we are stronger than we think!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:11 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I think my wds arent as bad as most bc i wasnt taking sub everyday, every three to seven days i would take 8mg with it being 8 days since my last dose i think its out of my system and being sick right now i think id helping my mind focus ob being sick instead of wding. 6 more days abd hopefully this crap is over with it sucks but it can be done. My depression comes and goes i just remember who i was before and know i will be there soon and my face is clearing up and ive lost 12 pounds and my swelling is gone except for in my knee. Keep on going everyone we alk deserve better than what we give ourselves. God bless!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:11 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well I called into work today, i dont know if im badly sick or if its from my wds or a combination of both but u feel like shit dont really feel like posting too weak to get out of bed please any helpful suggestions on what i can do. I dont want to miss anymore work :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Kearsten,

It sounds like you are going through a very tough time. 8 mg is a lot, even if you were taking it every 3-7 days, it's not a small amount by any measure. I've read it's 10 X stronger than morphine.

I have tapered down to 1.5 mg a day after being on 16 mg for 6 years and 4 mg for 3 years. I feel every increment I drop now, which is .25 every 2 weeks. Not bad, but I do feel it for several days while my body gets used to the new level.

I did a jump once without tapering down, I lasted 18 days, went to work like a zombie and had a very hard time functioning. I know people who have jumped from 3 Mg and it took a month or more before that person was able to be anything like normal.

Is your doctor aware you were on suboxone, or is this something you did on your own? I am not a professional and am in no position to share anything but my own experience. I can say that when I was trying to do this imagining that I was in charge, I made some mistakes that caused me turmoil I could have avoided.

Now I talk about everything in regard to my taper with my doctor, who is 100% on board with getting me off of this med. I told her about the .25 every 2 weeks and she said fine, if it works for me to go for it.

If you need to work and care for your kids, you may need to rethink your plan. I don't suggest any specific plan, but I would suggest consulting a doctor who can help you. There are meds that will enable you to work and do your life with more ease than you are having now. Just reading your story made me clearly remember my own " jump" ( that did not work out). It's a rough ride on your own!

The only important thing I can say is you don't have to do this alone in the shadows and suffer. Our using days are behind us, the days when we felt we couldn't tell anyone what was really going on. You have support here, but you can get it where you live as will. I really hope you get some relief. If I can help you in any way, I will try my best to do so.

Sincerely,

Gingerpop