It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: G'day to Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just a brief intro. I am a RN who is an addict. My drug of choice. Coedine Phosphate. I have been on Sub since Febuary and the difference is like night and day. I was at times taking up to 60 tablets per day. I have paid the price for my addiction. I resigned from my job which I loved, I lost my home & I became bankrupt. I now work as a casual for different nursing agencies. My bankruptcy is finally finished. I have the most loving and supportive husband in the world. I am very lucky to be alive. There is so much I want to discuss and I was hoping so so much to be able to contact other RN's who are also 'in my boat' so to speak. My addiction started in earnest in 1994. Well I hope to have many discussions and contribute to not only help myself but hopefully help some of you out there too. Peace.

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Aussie! Its nice to meet ya.

I am an addicted RN too. After I had been an RN for a year I started diverting....first pills, then IM dilaudid and morphine. This went on for 4 years. I work on a unit where narcs are given out like candy. I never got caught. Did you get caught at work? God that was my greatest fear. My husband found my drugs and I went to detox and got on sub. He has also been very supportitve. But I know he is getting tired of the drug use. I have been using different drugs off and on since my teens and have been to rehab before. I have been on the sub for about a year now and I have been doing well, no using. I still work at the same hospital a couple days a week. Sometimes being around so many narcotics is hard so I am greatful for the bupe right now. Looking back, I am suprised I didn't mess up at work while high as hell on dilaudid.....I am trying right now to be the best sober nurse I can be.

I think there are a few RN's who post here. It would be cool to get an RN thread goin....so welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:o Hey Orange.. wow I am so so happy to have found another RN and a female that I can relate to. Bloody fabulous!!!! No offence to the lads out there.. lov you guys too! I am an ED Nurse so the usual for me was panadiene forte because it was easily available and not checked in the DD Cupboard. When the Hospital started counting ALL drugs then I had to turn to the Chemists (Drug Stores) Where here in Australia coedine products are available over the counter, no prescription. But the combination of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol in massive doses was taking a toll on my health. Mental Health yeah sure but Physical.. oh gawd... I have renal calculi plus plus, and large kidney stones... I had a Lap Chole and just to add insult to injury I have chronic pancreatitis..No doubt from the drug abuse over the years. The dentist is still costing me an arm and a leg because I require such extensive work. Yep I have paid the price but I am alive, and have people who still love me. How lucky am I? No I never got caught either but people were suspicious and my amount of sick leave was alarming. I did have friends who I know turned a blind eye. I always worried about how it affected them.. but not for long. Being addicted makes me very self focused. So great to meet you and congrats for sticking to the Sub. I know I am only a couple of months into it but I feel like I wouldn't care if I was on it for the rest of my days! So lets start the RN thread you were talking about... what do you think? Wishing you all great things... Aussie!!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I see you are both new so welcome to you both! There are a few other nurses/former nurses on the forum and I'm sure they will see your thread and reply to you. We, of course, would be happy to see you both participate on the forum and keep posting. Again, welcome!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

welcome!!! im not an RN but i am female so 1 out of 2 isnt bad. anyways, i just wanted to say welcome! are you on suboxone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the Welcome Blitzy! I am on Sub.. its working like a charm! Aussie :D