It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 14 Discouraged..
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Ya'll,

Need some help. I was on sub for 2 years 8mg and jumped off at about 4mg-2mg. Today is 14 days with no subs. I feel completely drained still. Most of the severe withdrawal is gone but still extreme fatigue and anxiety. Ive been trying to exercise as much as possible but hasnt helped much.

Any one have experience and can tell me when I should start feeling better? I'm so temped to go take a percocet or something but dont want to delay anything anymore... I want off this shit for good, it has made me into a different person.. i just want to be back to normal and feel good and work out again.

Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi, finallyoff! I read your previous thread and I've gotta say, it took some real courage to jump from 4mg after 2 years! That is a pretty big jump. Please don't give up! You've gotta give yourself some more time to start feeling better. It is a slow process, but I promise that it will gradually get better.

I jumped off 1.5mg exactly 25 days ago after a little over 3 years of use. I felt decent until about day 4, then really crappy until about day 10 or 11. Since then, it's been a gradual process of improvement. My physical WD symptoms are pretty much gone, except for the occasional sneezing fit (those aren't so bad, all things considered) and lingering insomnia. Of course, I still have up and down days with my mood and motivation, but the "down" days are becoming less frequent. If you want to read about my little journey over the past 25 days, check out my thread "Jumping Off At 1.5mg After 3 Years" in "Bupe in the rearview mirror" subforum.

My suggestion during this time where you feel so drained is to try to do one "productive" thing every day, even if it isn't exercising if you can't manage it. Exercising helps a lot, don't get me wrong, but I found it impossible during those first couple weeks. Clean the house. Do laundry. Go to a movie. You will find soon that you can increase your activities to more than one productive thing per day and the will and ability to exercise won't be far behind that. Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

finallyoff, I just wanted to add one more thing. If you feel in despair, just remind yourself that everyday you make it without doing sub or opiates is a huge accomplishment.

When I quit my DOC and got onto sub, it gave me this great feeling of having control of my life. Quitting sub doubled that feeling. I never thought I'd make it to 25 days sub free. YOU CAN DO IT!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

mw,

Thank you so much for the response and encouragement. That is awesome that you made it 25 days and are feeling better! Just reading that alone gave me some inspiration!

I actually feel a little bit better tonight than I have all day.. so I can tell things are getting better. I really appreciate the encouragement and response. I'll def keep you posting over the next few days/weeks. I know one thing, I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO SUB OR ANY DRUG FOR THAT MATTER! I can never put my body thru this w/d again!

Thanks again! 1 more question.. I haven't been able to sleep much in the last few weeks (obviously) have been taking advil PM and tried benedryl, it seems to help me sleep a bit but I feel more groggy in the mornings. Any advice on what to take for the insomnia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

finallyoff,

Keep up the work man! I am also at ~two weeks off Sub (probably 15 or 16 days now) and am feeling 95% of the way there. I did however jump off at ~1mg though after over 3 years of use. You can read my story in the Stopping Suboxone section under the subject Finally a day clean ..

I also feel weak at times with lingering insomnia. This is for the par for the course and to be expected. Our bodies need time to readjust. Every day is a new day and I feel progressively better. I'm a strong believer that it is mind over matter at this stage of the game so stay strong - you can do it!

I didn't take anything for the withdrawal besides Hyland's Leg Cramps (first week or so) and Tylenol. I've occasionally taken Tylenol PM, but am hesitant to get dependent on it for sleep. In my experience over the past week (post-acute withdrawal), it helps me go to sleep but unfortunately does not make me sleep any longer. I'm still limited to 4-5 hour bursts of sleep, regularly waking up at 6am in the morning. I know it is going to better though.

You've come too far to turn back .. you can do it.

Post subject: sleep
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello F,

You mentioned sleep and I know that sometimes it just feels like one is too tired to sleep. One thing worth trying is L-Tryptophan with dinner or after. Very natural and helps some a lot -- now OTC again, and just an amino acid---food.

Although you want to be away from all drugs some sleeping pills that are chemically different and non addictive if taken for a few days are Ambien and Serequil. Actually the second one would be 'off label' use, but dr.s do use it. What i mean is if you have a good dr. that would Rx for just a few days to break a cycle. Just for 1-3 days can make a difference if you doctor agrees.

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congrats on jumping. You jumped from a pretty high dose but no going back now, taking anything else will prolong the wd. In my experience I noticed a gradual improvement after the first month. It gets so much better with time, just give it time, it takes awhile for our opiate receptors to heal. We used for a long time, its just going to take time but before you know it youll be doing good. I say after day 30 you will be alot.better. Its eady to forget where we came stay stong and dont give in.

Post subject: day 15
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello yall,

Thank you all for the responses and encouragement, it is very helpful. Today is day 15 for me! Praise God! I actually slept 8 hours last night (with the help of some benedryl and Alteril (natural sleep aid) ) I feel a little bit better today. I quit my job a few weeks ago and was going to go into rehab to kick these subs but ended up doing it at home.

I'm lucky to have this time off i guess. Now I am just searching for motivation and energy to figure out what im doing with my life! It feels sooooooo good to be off the sub tho even tho I still have some lingering w/d symptoms mostly just fatigue and some anxiety but its managable compared to where i was at. Now i just need to remember how horrible this was and never go back!

Thank you guys for the encouragement, it feels good to know that im not going thru this alone and others have been there, and conquered! I know I will do the same!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

i'd agree you need to give it at least 30 days.

L-Tryptophan isnt a bad idea for sleep, in my opinion it's easier on the body than Tylenol PM. I think they sell it coupled with vitamin B6 which is supposed to allow it to work better. For me it works best on an empty stomach with a bit of juice, for some reason when I take it with food it doesnt seem to work that well.