It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 18 Discouraged
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone,

I have some questions. I was on sub for a little over a year 8mg a day and eventually down to 4 before i quit. I went through horrible w/d for about 2 weeks on day 15 i couldnt take it anymore and took some ultram to help. It did help but on day 17 i felt the same again. So today is day 18 and i worked all day feeling like shit. I took a few vicodin bc i couldnt take it anymore. if feel better now but i dk if i screwed myself by taking the ultram the other day or taking the vic today. I have a full script of sub that i haven't filled yet and i do not wnat to get it filled. i want to rip it up so im not temped but its so hard. I am off for the weekend and can suffer it out for a few more days but I have to be feeling better by Monday right? that will be 3 weeks? or did i screw myself by taking the ultram and vic for 2 days out of 18? anyone know or been there before? appreciate all of the feedback and encouragement, God knows i need some encouragement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, I am sorry you are feeling so bad. 4mg is a high dose to jump off of sub. Most people that can successfully taper get down to at least .25mg or even lower. The good news is if you hold on for a bit longer you should be feeling better, the bad news is nobody can tell you how much longer as everyone is different.

It seems when people jump from higher doses on average they start to feel better around the 1 month mark. Taking the Ultram and Hydro probably didn't mess things up too much but I have no experience taking either during a detox. I can tell you that if you continue to take either you will have a problem and risk the chance of being in active addiction again.

If you feel you can't make it you would be better off taking a tiny dose of sub than hydro or ultram. I know this is hard but the reality of the matter is you have 2 choices, ride it out or start on a very low dose of sub and finish tapering.

There are members that have jumped at higher doses and I am sure they will come by with some advice. I am sorry you are suffering and hope you start feeling better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am 4 months off of Subs after tapering down to .25 and eventually skipped days. I STILL am not feeling well. Better yes, but you re in this for the long haul man. Don't have expectations of feeling better by a certain day i.e. 21 days, 30 days, 60 days, this process is truly unpredictable. Some days will be better than others but progress comes verry slowly. Think turtle crawling for miles. Hope that is not the case for you but just being realistic here. Don't beat yourself up over the relapses. I relapsed a few times as well which I am sure set me back, but this sub thing is a bitch. Hang in there

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I was in your position a couple of months ago. I jumped from a high dose as well because I couldn’t taper. I experienced pretty mild wd symptoms although they lasted a long time. I think most will agree that sub wd is a longer process than full blown opiate wd, although not as intense.

I was scavenging around trying to find out what day I would feel ‘better’ as well. Like others have said there is no clear answer, but I will tell you how it was for me. I started feeling human after about 2 weeks but it’s a slow process indeed. I would say it wasn’t until about day 40 that I felt ‘normal’ and I use that term loosely.

It was my experience that I didn’t feel better from day to day. It was about every 3-5 days I felt better. Now that could just be my mind playing tricks, but that was how I felt so I’m throwing it out there. I’m now on day 54 with no sub or any opiates and doing very well. I still have some mild symptoms but NOTHING like I did prior. Its takes time and you will get there, I promise.

I agree with Breezy. If you think you’re going to keep taking ultram or vics, I would advise to get back on a low dose of suboxone and taper properly. Take care and good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you guys for the responses and encouragement.

I thought about going back to low doses of sub but the last thing i want to do is start this all over. I cannot go thru another 19 days of feeling how i felt and feel now. So do you think if I did go back to a very low dose ( .5 mg or less ) (i have 8 mg films so thats kinda hard to do) i would go back to day 1?? because that is the absolute last thing i want to do. I dont have any vic or ultram left so I'm wondering if i would be better off to just ride it out the rest of the way??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Finallyoff, I just want you to know that I am really rooting for you. I wish I had something more definite to tell you. I will say that, eventually the feelings you are experiencing will go away. This is not forever. You did jump at a hi dose but still, you can make it. Both Breezy and Substation have sound advise. I mean you have a choice. Ride it out or take a tiny bit of sub & taper. You have gone this far. So many of those that jump off like you have a rough road, but i think once you start to question yourself, that is usually the time things begin to turn the corner. I have noticed this a lot. Maybe keep in mind too, that if you can get some fresh air and some healthy nutrition, even if it seems too much, force yourself just a bit, you will get well. I think you CAN do this. I really do.... Blessings and good luck. Please keep us inforned... (ps. you ARE off suboxone, good for you!)

Post subject: Re: Day 18 Discouraged
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

finallyoff wrote:
Hey everyone,

I have some questions. I was on sub for a little over a year 8mg a day and eventually down to 4 before i quit. I went through horrible w/d for about 2 weeks on day 15 i couldnt take it anymore and took some ultram to help. It did help but on day 17 i felt the same again. So today is day 18 and i worked all day feeling like shit. I took a few vicodin bc i couldnt take it anymore. if feel better now but i dk if i screwed myself by taking the ultram the other day or taking the vic today. I have a full script of sub that i haven't filled yet and i do not wnat to get it filled. i want to rip it up so im not temped but its so hard. I am off for the weekend and can suffer it out for a few more days but I have to be feeling better by Monday right? that will be 3 weeks? or did i screw myself by taking the ultram and vic for 2 days out of 18? anyone know or been there before? appreciate all of the feedback and encouragement, God knows i need some encouragement.

Dude you may have stopped taking suboxone too early...i stopped at .25mg (took awhile to get there) And now im on day 10....still feel some of that uncomfortablness and i feel alot better today than yesterday....Plus when ur ready to quit u need your doc to give u some klonopin, xanax,valium(any strong sedative/anti anxiety) i got 30 2mg klonopin and trazadone....i got to sleep every night thanks to the traz. Youve came this far, instead of taking some opiates just take the anti anxiety pills , they do help i promise....or just get back on suboxone and taper down to .5 mg or even .25mg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you guys. Appreciate all of the encouragment. Today is day 19 and i feel like going to get my script filled. What do you guys mean when you talk about this taper? I haven't taken any sub for 19 days so i have to have a very low tolerance right now. What kind of taper would you suggest? I don't want to drag this thing out too much longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Personally I would ride it out. Now that’s coming from someone who really didn’t do things right mind you. But here I am 55 days later and doing just fine.

I think it depends on how long you were to go back on suboxone. I mean if you went back on a low dose for 2 days I can’t see that ‘resetting’ anything. But if you go back on for weeks, then I would say yes it will set you back (from the perspective of getting off suboxone)

I’m just a firm believer that you have to suffer either way you slice it. I don’t think there are any tricks that will get you around wd. It’s almost like someone makes sure we pay for our ‘mistakes’

I think you will find everybody suffers one way or another. For me when I was tapering I was suffering badly so I thought maybe if I jumped I wouldn’t have to suffer, well not so.

I will leave the tapering question to others to answer since I clearly failed in that department. Stay strong my friend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:14 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Man this is discouraging for sure..Many people tapering to a low dose and skipping days yet still feeling rough for many months..I think skipping for couple of months may be the only way to cut out half of the PAWS?