It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:09 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I guess I was wondering if anyone who quit Suboxone has trouble with their Energy and Focus. My muscles feel like their so weak. Anyone?? I'm At Day 14 after jumping from a substantial 2.0Mg and haven't had much withdrawal symptoms besides RLS and Insomnia. I was on Suboxone for Three years. I'm used to going to the gym every day and running after working. How can I get past this and how long should I expect? thanks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

h0pe wrote:
I guess I was wondering if anyone who quit Suboxone has trouble with their Energy and Focus. My muscles feel like their so weak. Anyone?? I'm At Day 14 after jumping from a substantial 2.0Mg and haven't had much withdrawal symptoms besides RLS and Insomnia. I was on Suboxone for Three years. I'm used to going to the gym every day and running after working. How can I get past this and how long should I expect? thanks

I stopped taking 1mg/day cold turkey (should have tapered) and I know exactly what you mean. I was SO tired, like, I could just sleep and sleep all day. I don't know how long it'll last, common sense would tell me maybe three or four weeks before real improvement. Have you been taking vitamins and eating well?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I feel you, I am on Day 7 of withdrawal and feel worthless in terms of doing anything. I want to want to do something, but just too tired.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for the responses, it helps
I've been taking Zinc, Magnesium, B6, B12+Complex with some Vitamin D. I hope this lets up. I don't remember feeling like this a few years back, but then again I was only on it a few months the last time I jumped . It's So strange, yesterday I felt manic, today I feel like an anchor. My squat went down almost 100 pounds. thanks for the support :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

A very classic symptom.

I don't want to freak anyone out, and perhaps should keep my mouth shut, but it took me about a year to get my energy back. It's still not where it was when I was on Suboxone, but that because I was running on some fake energy before, but it's now where I think "normal" is. Or as close to it as possible. I do think a lot of factors play into this. I was on sub for 6 years, along with methadone maint before that. I remained on a fairly high dose for most of that time, and I jumped off at about 1.5mgs. My husband on the other hand, who was on it for the same length I was, was on a lower dose throughout his maintenance. And he weaned much lower down than I did. At the end, you could barely see what was on his finger when he'd dose. Anyway, he dealt with energy issues for only a week or two and got off pretty easy in the w/d department all together. He's more physically fit than I am, which I think also plays a role.

Anyway, hope that helps.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

That's crazy! I don't know what to say to that. One year is scary. That's a lot of red bulls. I'm forcing myself to be positive and workout everyday even though I feel like I'm pulling around dumbbells' every step I take. I was going into this worrying about the pain I would go through the first ten days but at-least the pain subsides in a decent amount of time. If it weren't for school, work and a massive car payment I would have taken a couple extra months to get down to at least .5mg. Don't get me wrong, it's not too bad, but the long drawn out lack of motivation might prove to be the biggest pain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Today is Day 15.
I feel encouraged. Yesterday wasn't bad, but I was suffering without knowing it from lack of sleep. Last night around 2am I had this Huge wave of warmth going through my body and my eyes felt fuzzy. It's an amazing feeling. I woke up earlier without thinking, jumped out of bed and noticed that dead weight feeling wasn't there like it was yesterday. The ups and downs are starting to level out. Also, I have a sense of calmness and focus. Today is by far the best day in what feels like months!
2weeks' . As I type I have a tingling feeling going through my body. It makes me want to cry it feels so good, I haven't felt this in years. Good luck to anyone going through the same ups and downs. I'm right here with you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What an awesome post! I'm so happy you get to experience what the rest of your life could feel like. Make a copy of that post of yours and keep it with you, and maybe put it up in the house where you can see it everyday. When and IF you do have one of those days where things are not quite like they are now, read what you wrote and know that it will get better soon. I did that myself early on and it did help!

Congratulations on the 15 days. Just know that you could have more days where the feeling is not so great. But in the long run it does get better and hopefully will remain that way. Who knows, you may be completely finished with the majority of symptoms and on your way. Do exactly what you want to do each day and take care of things IF they do pop up. Good job!

Karen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

2 weeks, thats awesome. Little bumps in the road are the start of the end of it. Pretty soon the bumps with be repaired and filled in with life. I'm really happy for you.

Stay positive as I know from talking to you, you are full off it (positive). You surely have positively helped me to.

Keep it going, I;m counting on you.

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:25 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thank you so Much Karen and Gary, the support on this website is amazing! I cant express again how much this website has helped me make this Transition. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me but I'm facing it for the first time

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:34 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I had many ups and downs the first few months, but I am happy to report that you will soon become stable again. You will get to a place where you don't even think about withdrawal or symptoms that could be due to withdrawal. Soon enough you will think back and realize how normal you feel. It only took a few months for me. You have to give it time though. Our bodies have been used to this drug for a long long time. It will even out though I promise you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Day 16
Today is very similar to yesterday. Jumping out of bed is second nature and energy levels are no different than yesterday. This morning after my workout, I noticed I lost 15 pounds in the last two weeks.'220 to 205pds .? When I look back, I noticed that I would retain a lot of water while on sub. A couple outspoken friends are wondering what going on with me. I was told I need to lay off the workout supps. haha. Anyways, the world seems more beautiful than I remember. The one major issue I've struggled with since college was PTSD. It's creeping back into my life. Thankfully I have a lot of tools to keep this beast out of sight, out of mind. Facing my demons from the past only empowers me , making me feel in control. Feeling out of control is what made me use years ago. Facing this without looking for ways to run from it is empowering. Overcoming fear is an amazing feeling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:46 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have decided to "jump" as well. I was on 8 to 12 mg of sub a day, i have not been to my doctor since November, I was so tired of paying to being addicted to somethingg else, I tappered to 1mg over these past two months, but also got on wellbutrin bc I was already depressed on the subs and I want to stop smoking as well. I actually did the jump 3 days ago, I feel ok, just keep sneezing, but this is only my third day. I have been sleeping fine, I have lost 14 pounds since I started my taper, no longer crave any sweets, but I HAVE. 16 more pounds to go to get back to my pre sub weight. I can go a couple of weeks or ten days feeling bad, anyone can! Im sure everyone has had the flu or some type of injury that has had them down before.. knowing what I know now, I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE YOU BECOME ADDICTED TO ANYTHING ELSE! Im ab to change my number as well, Im so tired of hey can I get a few subs until I get mine, guess they dont really believe I have tapered and I am sticking to it no matter what! Anyways, just saying Im here with ya, dont know what to expect but o well thats life! Have a great day everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

@hOpe,
Hey buddy your doihg great. Love reading your post. Always positive even though there are a few lows in your day. You keep me going with a poistive attitude. I'd like to think I've never been weak mentally but obviously I would be lying.

But like you never backed down from a fight. We will beat this.

Gary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Day 18
Yeah Gary, we will beat this. I keep pushing myself, gradually becoming accustomed to every day sht. So damn, Your already on day 5 right? Seems like yesterday you dropped. Keep the faith man and keep in touch.

Hey Kearston. I love seeing people overcome this addiction. I can relate with the weight loss :? . I wasn't expecting to lose 15 pounds but shoot, I feel healthy. I guess that's all that matters. Keep your head up and good luck to you!

Ill be honest, now that I look back to yesterday I was definitely in limp mode. Didn't feel too good about anything. Today is comparable to day 16. I woke up and felt happy. Yesterday I guess I was down and wouldn't accept it. Maybe this is the real battle. The peaks and valleys are definitely there, but more than manageable. I feel slightly bi-polar. Knowing that it's temporary just pushes me through this. Anyone going through this, to prevent the anxiety, force yourself to face things that you would normally back away from. Re-establish yourself .

"You have to do everything you can, You have to work your hardest and if you do, If you stay Positive, you have a shot at a silver lining"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:51 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I guess last night my own personal hell hell finally decided to kick in. I called my mother crying for a while but she doesnt understand what I am going through. Sleep was ok last night ha some very weird dreams even ab heroin and ive never done or seen heroin but in my dream it was in my face with someone sayin it will take all the pain away! Ugh! I think Ill call my dr. Today and ask her to up my dose of wellbutrin bc i have been cryingg alot once again. I am so ready to get back to being the sober happy healthy energetic neat freak woman and mother that loves her kids and goes to every event they have, so sad how this demon has destroyed who I really aam for the past 3 and a half years :( i hate i did this to myselff, my children they see me feeling sick and wondering why mommy is crying. I hate this part of me so much I will never let myself be in this place again. God has already delivered me from so much I know HE WILL see me and all of us through this as well. Good luck everyone and GOD BLESS, i will be praying that we all overcome our demons.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

<--Day 19-->
Hey Kearsten
Thanks for the prayers. You sound like your having a tough time. I know its easier said than done especially when in W-D . A major key to recovery is simply believing in yourself. Forget about what you did in the past. It's not easy, but you really have to push yourself to face things you've been running from while using. I'm finding that just forgiving myself is the hardest part. W-D is really nothing. It's all Mental. . It's very doable, just remember to think positive. Listen to some good music, work out, go for a run twice a day even if you feel like a lead weight ! Rebuild yourself. Don't be hard on yourself! No one's perfect! Never expect yourself to be perfect. It's a quick way to set yourself up for failure. I don't know Anyone who hasn't made terrible decisions and inturn lives with them every day. As far as wellbutrin goes, does that work? I was only on one antidepressant in my life. Effexor . It's definitely the real deal. It could get you out of a depressive mind set for a while until you feel stable. Good luck! Hope to hear back GL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey brother,

I agree with you about the mental part. When I start getting real down and can't sit still, mind always on my WD symptoms, I get up and either hop on the treadmill or get out of the house. Anyway to get my mind off my present state of mind.

Putting on the headphones and cranking the music has done wonders for me, especially at night.
Day 19 for you, keep it going. I can't wait till I get to day 19. Keep it going my friend, I'm counting on you.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:45 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Yes you are so right. I know my wd is mostly mental, the only physical symtoms I have are chills and staying cold and my legs ache, Ive been able to sleep bc I have phenegran bc of ulcers in my stomach and muscle relaxers bc I have stress with tension in my shoulders, I stay balled up in a knot. Prraying and crying and remembering how good I felt and how great of a mother I was when I was sober is what keeps mmme going, looking into my childrens eyes keeps me going. I am a single mother of three. Their father, the love of my life was murdered almost three years ago. I was taking pills before he was killed but after thats what I turned to :(i was only taking one ten mg hydro every now and then before my loss then before I knew it I was taking roxies opana reallly anything to get me high and feel better. I have alot to face and during my taper I asked my primary. Dr.to put me on wellbutrin, it has been working great Ive read up quite a bit on it and it is a perfect antidepressiant for ex opiate users, bc it does have a mild stimulant in it. But before Ive been on several different antidepressants this one has by faar been the best i just need a higher dose bc i am on a low dose of it, its one that you work your way up to 450mg a day and I am currently at 200? I am feeling better still having crazy dreams wear a jacket at all times and have my heat set very high. But I thank you all for your encouraging advice and posts this has really helped me through this. Good luck everyone and GOD BLESS. My prayers are with each and everyone of you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

-->Day 20<
Today has been the best yet, which should be expected! I feel a little Laxidazical but I was expecting Much worst, so Big Deal. Yesterday night my contact lens fell out, got on the floor with my LED and found half an 8mg strip. Surprisingly I didn't think twice about throwing it in the sink and washing that shit away. Honestly, There was a split second feeling that made me wonder how it would feel because my tolerance is down to nothing. I would wonder what I would do if I came across some dude I used to use with, I guess finding that strip affirmed my belief in me overcoming this.

I was with my cousin a few nights ago and he uses Sub. We both got started on drugs the same time back in 07 or something. We went out for some beers at a cool bar downtown. Anyone reading and going through WD do not drink! I never had a drinking problem so I don't consider it a risk, but it made me get Crazy bad withdrawals and I didn't get that laid back feeling. I felt pretty damn disgusting. Only a couple mugs too. I felt it the last couple days too.

I'm Twenty days in and feeling better everyday for the most part!. I do notice a lack of motivation, but it will pass with time and a bunch of Redbulls! BTW if 5Years Is reading, you worry too damn much! Quit being a Debby Downer and just drop your habbit. Most the people on SubSux seem to have serious anxiety issues. Was just browsing through the forum and I cant believe how delusional they are. I was reading that junk months before finding this site and worrying myself Sick. I prolly loss hair over it. Literally. GL TO YOU ALL!