It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

65 days no percs
48 days no subs

My back and knees are really hurting the past week and a half. I guess masking pain for 8 years with drugs could have been a problem. I'm wondering in my mind if I've had problems all along but just didn't feel them? Anything is possible I imagine.

Other than that, feeling great! I'm not turning to painkillers to deal with this, rather, looking into some exercise and rehab programs to get my ass in shape. I turn 36 a week from today, so I know these aches and pains could be my aging denial as well. I think that's another big hurdle I've climbed, cause I know it would be so easy to make this all go away with opiates. I'm finding it easier to say no lately. The mental game is being won.

Hope y'all are doing well and paving the way towards full recovery. :)

Love,
Charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey seaonasdad, Thanks for the update. It sounds like you're doing fairly well! That's great! I agree with you about the possible explanations with regard to the pain you're describing. The opiates you were on could have easily been concealing some minor injury, etc, that you didn't even know you had. If it doesn't go away, you might want to get it checked out.

And unfortunately, yes, it's aging, too. The older we get the more stupid-ass little aches and pains we get! Just wait till you hit your 40's! LOL...sorry, don't mean to rush you there. :)

I'd say you've reached a point where you've gained some valuable insight into yourself. That will take you far as you continue to recover. Keep up the good work! :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.