It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

40 days no opes
23 days no subs

So, I was going to take the season off of bowling because the last few times out during my recovery, I felt the urge pretty badly when I was rolling. Last night would have been opening night for me and it turns out that I decided to bowl in a different league in a different bowling alley with a bunch of my friends who basically just drink. They don't or haven't ever really used drugs.

I had a great time. Except for telling them about my summer of stop(which made me feel a lot better to get it out there), all of my focus was on the game for once. My team got crushed, and for the first time in years I still found myself at the end of the night pretty happy that I had such a good time.

I thought stopping for the season would be a good way to get out of one of the trigger points of my addiction. After all, I'd eat percs like Runts while I was bowling in my previous league. But instead of giving up and leaving myself with so much free time to think about what could have been, I simply checked on some alternative leagues and bowling alleys and went that route. And it seems to have worked for the first night.

Woke up today feeling good again, every day is getting so much easier. This week has really been a breakthrough on everything, I'm no longer shitting like a faucet. I'm no longer waking up tired from a so-so night of sleep. I have dealt with situations at work, bowling, family life with a renewed sense of purpose, thought, and motivation.

I do not underestimate the elephant in the room that it is still early and I still have the rest of my life to go. But if I feel this good after 5.5 weeks of no opes and almost 3.5 weeks of no subs, how great am I going to feel in another 5.5/3.5 weeks? I can't wait to find out.

Hope everyone is at least thinking or trying to follow the same path. Happiness is so possible with a clear, ope/sub free mind and I believe in all of you to do it. And if you already have and you know what I am talking about, I hope we remain united in our journey to stay off of subs and off of what got us to subs to begin with.

Yours,
Charlie

Post subject: Congratulations
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:41 pm 

Wow Charlie, you surely rock the withdrawal world dude! It is always such good news to know that it is possible to be completely off of everything.

Keep up the battle and watch those triggers like you said. Please let us know how it is going for the next year at the least, okay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Woo! Great job! I'm glad you figured out a way to make your hobby less triggery for you, that's smart. Have fun and keep up the good work. :D

-Jack Kornfield