It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So its day 4 off subs after jumping at .25mgs, its day 4 and I havent felt anything too uncomftorable. A little insomnia, stomache pain on day 2 that imodium solved, a little depression(i cried once) but its good to have feelings again. Ive been able to go out and fo everything fine without feeling bad at all. My energy level is low and im still a little hazy, but is it possible that I could be out of the woods? I dont want to jinx myself but its day 4 and I feel fine. Romeo said a couple people have gone before without wd, I pray to god im one of the few. Let me know ur opinions please.

I was on subs for just under a year, started at 24mgs and tapered to .25mgs, I was on .25mgs for about a week. Tried to get to .125 but couldnt last longer than 1 day. I used heroin for a few months before getting on suboxone. Since ive been off subs ive been taking amino acids, multi vitamins, clonodine, seroquel(only on the first two nights, vitstaril(but I dont feel anything.)

Last time I quit at 4mgs and couldnt make it past day 8. Anyways this forum kicks ass and ive been telling everyone about it. Ill keep this updated till im 100%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow! Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones...I hope you keep doing well. Who need those freakin' withdrawals, I'll take a taper without them any day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Its the start of day 5 and feel better than yesterday, didnt sleep at all last night, but thats the worst of it. Read up on PAWS and think thats going to be the toughest part for me.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

How you doing Ozzy? Hope everything is going okay. I am doing pretty good. I am still having a rough time sleeping but I get there with meds.

Post subject: Impressive
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:09 pm 

That is so rockin' awesome Ozzy. You need to keep posting this so everyone can read it. Funny how we have people who have a hard time of it and then there's you and a few others who breeze right through it. Yes, PAWS may or may not affect you. It is down the road a bit so don't concern yourself with it now. And it's my opinion that if you didn't have much trouble with jumping, that you will have minimal side effects from the dreaded PAWS.

A gigantic congratulations and stick to your guns for the long haul. (one day at a time of course)

Rule

Post subject: Nice!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ozzy,

I am looking forward to your next response and would love to hear how you are doing! Hope all is well!

Now cenotaph his fame"
-Alfred Tennyson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the replies everyone, its day 7 and its going good all except for the insomnia amd still habe no motivation to do anything. Took valium last night for the first time and it helped to sleep, took flexeril tonight but nothing. Hopefully my sleep patterns will improve with time on their own. I stopped taking seroquel because of the weight gain factor. I know if I statt working out again it should help alot, just need to make myself go. I want the motivation amd love for life back that I once had so im sure it has to be paws. Hopefully by day 30 I will hVe my motivation back. Im back in an outpatient program, funny that the same people that were in there a year ago are back too, but they relapsed, I went bavk to have a support group to get off subs. Im the only one in group that isnt on subs. I remember how happy and motivated I was when I was maintaing on 4mgs so hopefully I can get back to that point eventually being off all subs altogether. I feel bad for the newbies in the program because they dont realize how hard it is to quit subs. Subs are great to break the addictive cycle but wd is wd no matter what opiate u take. I will be refering this forum to them and hopefully it will help them as much as ithelped me. Just want to be motivated again, does anyone know how long it will take for me to be motivated again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ozzy619 wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone, its day 7 and its going good all except for the insomnia amd still habe no motivation to do anything. Took valium last night for the first time and it helped to sleep, took flexeril tonight but nothing. Hopefully my sleep patterns will improve with time on their own. I stopped taking seroquel because of the weight gain factor. I know if I statt working out again it should help alot, just need to make myself go. I want the motivation amd love for life back that I once had so im sure it has to be paws. Hopefully by day 30 I will hVe my motivation back. Im back in an outpatient program, funny that the same people that were in there a year ago are back too, but they relapsed, I went bavk to have a support group to get off subs. Im the only one in group that isnt on subs. I remember how happy and motivated I was when I was maintaing on 4mgs so hopefully I can get back to that point eventually being off all subs altogether. I feel bad for the newbies in the program because they dont realize how hard it is to quit subs. Subs are great to break the addictive cycle but wd is wd no matter what opiate u take. I will be refering this forum to them and hopefully it will help them as much as ithelped me. Just want to be motivated again, does anyone know how long it will take for me to be motivated again?

I have basically been forcing myself to go out and do things, just to get back in a routine. Things like shopping, running to the bank, little errands like that. My energy is starting to come back, especially now that I can reduce the clonidine (which reminds me I need to take a half).

Have no shame in taking the sleep meds, one thing at a time.

Post subject: Sleep Meds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:42 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

THat is one of the biggest factors in getting your energy back. I went the first 5 days with almost no sleep and wanted to jump off a cliff. THen I took an ambien and slept for 8 hours and felt like a new person the next morning. I still take either benadryl or a .5mg xanax to get to stay asleep but I sleep for beetween 6-8 hours every night and it has really helped with motivation. I also have gotten back to the gym the last 2 weeks and have lost 6 pounds. My shorts are no longer snug which is really nice. I find that nights that i take off from the gym are the ones I have the most trouble sleeping. I know it is monumentally hard to motivate to go lift weights when you feel like you do, but it helps A LOT!! Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Been 15 days off subs and doing good, just trouble falling to sleep only. Been working out again but need to stop smoking cigs now, my lungs get.tired before my body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

wow,,congratulations on 15 days!!,,you got it whooped i think!,,you got down to low dose and hearin good stories like yours is a nice change.,,Ive been on it almost 8 yrs now and i know at 57yrs old it wont be easy for me no matter how i do it,,if and when i ever have to,,as long as my insurance keeps payin for it , then i'll probably keep takin it,,
I went to calif. once and didnt bring enough ,,id been on 16 mgs for almost a year and didnt even know i was addicted/depedant so when i ran out of sub i didnt worry about it,,then on the 6th day it hit me,,and i had to white knuckle drivin 2,000 miles to my sub bottle!,,Hell of a way to find out i NEEDED sub,,i didnt do any reshearch when i was prescribed sub,,never even knew how to turn on a computer back then,,then my sister gave me one and i got on here and of course was scared to death after reading some horror stories.
When i started sub i was clean,,id been in a coma for 30 days then a few months later my first attempt at gettin high again landed me back in ER and they placed a 72 hr hold and sent me to the nut hut!,and the doc there started me on sub,,and man,,i was zoomin all over the place for a LONG time,,and When i told my doc ,,he said i waS NOW FEELING WHAT NORMAL PEOPLE FEEL!!Ha!,,I thought well normal is GREAT!!!,,but of course that good feeling went away,,it just stuck with me longer than most,,,,but anyway,,keep it up and good luck!
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HAHAHA Tommy, I laughed when I read that your were "zoomin all over the place". I was like that too the first week on subs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yea,,but for me that feeling lasted 8 mos!!,,I figured if it lasted that long it would last forever and it was a real bummer when it stopped!!,,I think it lasted so long was cause i started sub while not addicted to anything,,i was more or less put on it before i messed around and killed myself!,the doctors figured if i would go back to drugs after the whole coma deal and everything that nothin was gonna stop me,,and they were right.,,10 yrs of prison didnt stop me,,dyin didnt stop me,,so im on it as a safety net.,,but man,,i didnt feel high like anything id ever felt before,,just felt good and energy to always be on the go!,,took my daughters somewhere EVERY weekend,,hikin,,venice beach,,hollywood,, disneyland 5 times in 3 weeks!,,hell,,i almost started washin the niehbors car!!LOL
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ozzy619 wrote:
Been 15 days off subs and doing good, just trouble falling to sleep only. Been working out again but need to stop smoking cigs now, my lungs get.tired before my body.

Glad to hear you are doing better! My sleep is okay, but I have slowly had to reduce my Seroquel dose back down, which wasn't fun in its own right. I tried to not take it for two days and began to feel sick from that. yuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Uh Oh,,you get sick when you stop seraqyl?,,just wonderin cause ive been on 200 mgs for yrs!,,Ive looked all over the computer and couldnt find anything saying you become dependant on it,,but i think thats the case with ALL drugs i guess.,,Im also on neurotin and i know it hurts to try and get off that.
I was just posting because i remembered the name of the blood pressure med docs use for wd's,,its called clonadine and i have used it before and it does help calm ya down,,it did me anyway.
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good to hear your story tommy, I think a lot of us were misinformed about how addictive subs are. Theres nothing wrong taking it, if it aint broke dont fix it. I chose to jump because I dont want to be dependant on anything, but everyone has their own personal reasons. I had to absolutely hate subs in order to quit and if you taper the right way its not bad at all, but then again im used to a cold turkey dope kick.

I take seroquel too and when I dont take it I dont sleep, my insomnia is hit or miss, but eventually want off that too. Also since I quit subs my desire to smoke cigs is going away. Quitting cigs will be a cake walk after quitting subs. And yes I def have a few symptoms of paws, mainly lack of motivation and feeling diff each day. One hour ill feel great, next I hate the world. Thanks for all the support, now it will be my turn to return the favor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:27 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

tattoo tommy wrote:
Uh Oh,,you get sick when you stop seraqyl?,,just wonderin cause ive been on 200 mgs for yrs!,,Ive looked all over the computer and couldnt find anything saying you become dependant on it,,but i think thats the case with ALL drugs i guess.,,Im also on neurotin and i know it hurts to try and get off that.
I was just posting because i remembered the name of the blood pressure med docs use for wd's,,its called clonadine and i have used it before and it does help calm ya down,,it did me anyway.
TT

Yeah, some people do. I wasn't feeling that good that is for sure. I have varied from 25-200 over maybe two years? Nothing like opiate withdrawal, all I am going to do is slowly taper off of it. I actually need to start marking my calendar because I keep forgetting about it. Getting off Seroquel isn't a serious concern, just something I would eventually like to do.

Anyways, I got off Subs because the reality of it was that my habit did not need lifelong maintenance. To be honest, my habit seemed to have been smaller then most here. It is a long story why my doctor started it. What Sub did was stop my addiction from progressing (it was) and gave me time to get my crap back together.

THERE IS NO SHAME IN LONG-TERM MAINTENANCE. My overall experience with Sub is very positive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No shame in it at all, it helped me kick dope and get my life back too. I hate seroquel because I eat like crazy on it, but yea I guess I should taper too. Im on about 100mgs and will take 50 tonight. I also started taking meletonin to get my natural sleep pattern back. Tonight is the first night that im tired without taking meds. And going to the gym has helped the most, last thing I wanted to do but once youre in that routine its the best feeling in the world, better than any drug by far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ozzy Osbourne!!! Glad to hear you're doing well!!

I entirely second the notion of how much exercise and/or working out helps move the recovery process along. It made a huge difference for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:34 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Melatonin! I used to take that. I have been tapering for a week now. I do .3 mg less a day and by the end of the month plan on stopping. I have some seroquil that I am saving for the terrible 9 days or so. I have never taken it before. Should I not take it? I know to only try a quarter of it. Will it make me tired the next day? Will it be like tylonol PM and I will wake up in the middle of the night?

How's melatonin working so far?