It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ozzy619 wrote:
Good to hear your story tommy, I think a lot of us were misinformed about how addictive subs are. Theres nothing wrong taking it, if it aint broke dont fix it. I chose to jump because I dont want to be dependant on anything, but everyone has their own personal reasons. I had to absolutely hate subs in order to quit and if you taper the right way its not bad at all, but then again im used to a cold turkey dope kick.

I take seroquel too and when I dont take it I dont sleep, my insomnia is hit or miss, but eventually want off that too. Also since I quit subs my desire to smoke cigs is going away. Quitting cigs will be a cake walk after quitting subs. And yes I def have a few symptoms of paws, mainly lack of motivation and feeling diff each day. One hour ill feel great, next I hate the world. Thanks for all the support, now it will be my turn to return the favor.

yea,,most docs dont tell the peitient about how bad the depenancy the subs can be,,why dont they tell you,,i think ,,and justy my opinion is all the $ it brings in.what other reason for not bein up front about sub?,,I was on it a year before i found out the truth,,and that was when i learned to use a computer that was given to me,,and i think its a raw deal to have to deal with all the horror stories of how hard it is to get off,,when it woulda been easier knowing form the beginning what your getting yourself into,,i mean,,i chose to not go with methdone after watchin a guy go through wd's for 6n months inL.A. county jail,,but after spending so many yrs in prison,,i wish i had went with meth,,and stayed off heroin,,like sub does now,
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yea theres a lot of crappy docs out there, but you need to find one that works for you. I had one of the best sub docs in san diego and he was great, but ive also had a bad sub doc that made me miserable. Subs are great to break the addiction cycle, tapering was tough for me but it was totally doable. You need to have a good taper plan and need to listen to your body, tapering is something you cant rush in my opinion. And yea I wish I never started opiates either, but now I have a new appreciation on life. I never knew suffering until being addicted to opiates. Belueve it or not tommy youre doing great, theres nothing wrong with subsand if you ever decide to jump you can. If I could do it you can too, I know the feeling of feeling like a slave to it but yiu cant think like that.

Seroquel is good for when you absolutely cant sleep but it made me gain weight because it gives you a crazy appetite. It does make me very drowsy andoutof it the next day but thats a lot better than not sleeping at all. Its a good tool for sleep. Ive bden off subs for almost 30 days and im to the point where I can finally sleep on my own without medication. It took me a good three weeks before any natural sleep pattern came back and that was the worst of my symptoms. I can say that I lmost feel back to normal.

Thanks Romeo you were a bug inspiration to me, cant thank you enough. Btw pink floyd is coming to town next weekend ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow!!,,30 days??,,all i can say is congratulations!!!!!,,and your story is a great inspiration to those who are tryin to get off sub! :D
TT

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

63 days off subs. I quit counting the days a couple weeks ago, but marked it on my calendar. Just a month ago I wondered if I messed myself up for life, but I didnt. Im pretty much back to normal, which is both good and bad. Its easy to forget the battle we fought with subs, this site keeps me accountable. If you quit or plan to quit, you,will get back to normal. Keep a positive attitude, get a good game plan and never forget where you came from. Thanks to all who helped me, you know who you are, hope to give the gift you all helped me to get.