It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on 32mg of suboxone for 9 months now and am really depressed.I hate myself and I am going to quit. I have lost all motivation to do anything and I am keeping a secret from everyone. I want to start tapering today and was going to drop my dose to 16mg per day to start. I have been dosing once a day with the 32mg. to get a buzz but it ain't wokin anymore. Does anyone have ideas on a taper schedule? I am in no hurry as I have just refilled my prescripotion and have plenty to taper with. I want to be of this stuff for the summer. Is 30 days realistic?

Help Please!!!! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

This is Easter so I'll agree with an..."Amen Brother"... I understand completely the part of wanting to quit.

I can't imagine being on 32mg unless it took that much to relieve craving or a serious pain issue. If pain isn't an issue, I don't believe you will have to much trouble tapering [slowly] to the 2-4mg range. Then you can decide if you want to go all the way. Just listen to your body and respond accordingly.

I don't see any problem with trying the 16mg... it won't kill you and you'll know whether or not it OK within 2-3 days. for most of us a slow taper down to 4mg isn't bad. Take a look at the following for good info from the forum administrator regarding dosages and ceiling effects

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=9820#9820

30 days is probably not realistic after 9 mos on 32mg.

Keep posting and you will get plenty of support here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would have to say that 30 days isn't very realistic either. There is a lot of advice in the taper threads on how to best go about this. If you haven't engaged in some type of recovery program while on the sub, I highly encourage you to begin doing so now. It is a bit concerning that you say you have been taking the 32mg all at once "to get a buzz" yet you want off all together because it sounds like you still have psychological cravings to get high. Those aren't going to go away as you taper or when you get off completely. You also say that you are depressed and have no motivation. My guess is that the high dose could be causing some of that but I also have a hunch that even if you weren't on the suboxone you might be feeling that way to some extent anyways. I would talk to your doctor about the depression. You may want to start on an anti-depressant in preparation for quitting so you are stabilized on the correct drug before you are done with the suboxone. I would also talk to the doctor about your desire to taper and why you want to taper and let your doctor help you with this. I would start working out daily whether you want to or not. I am on sub and if I work out every day then I have a lot more energy than if I don't work out.

Getting off suboxone successfully involves a LOT more than just tapering. It is NOT something that should be done hastily or without a very well thought out plan, just like getting off of opiates involves a plan far beyond just suboxone. As badly as you say you feel now, you will feel FAR worse if you end up relapsing because you don't have a good plan in place. The last thing you need is to be hooked back on opiates.

Cherie