It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 10 and still no WS's
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So pretty crazy but I jumped from 16mg a day to nothing. Today is day 10 and other than a few chills and a bit of stiffness, I'm withdrawal free. Just wanted to put this out there in hopes that people can just say enough is enough and take that leap of faith. I don't exactly know what happened to me but I'm thinking my lucky stars :) good luck to y'all because I'm living proof it can be done
Kicked A$$

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess I should add to my above post that I workout everyday and I have been taking like 1mg of xanax a day just to xaml my nerves. But seriously people, I don't know if I should call it a miracle or what but for those of you worries about quitting subs, JUST DO IT. Trust me its so worth it to not have that life crutch. K, good luck and if I can so it, so can you
Kicked A$$
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lucky you. They say the withdrawals are not as severe with sub, maybe longer lasting.

I've had mixed results. One time I went without for 4 days. I didn't feel great, but nothing like the opiate withdrawals from my active addiction days.

On the other hand, a couple weeks ago I got to day two without and had extreme cold sweats. The only difference on this occasion was that I was coming off 2mg compared to 8mg. It's been my experience that the higher the dose i'm on, the more sub is built up. Makes sense.

If you're not having severe withdrawals, I'd say stick with it. Every time I have to go a couple 3 days without I think "maybe I should just stay off". But never do.

Good luck.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ryan,
You will know when you have finally had enough andthats when you will do it. Suffer thru because there is light at the end of the tunnel full of life and love and oppurtunity just waiting for you!
Best of luck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Kicked-A,

Welcome to the forum. I think it's very important for everyone to hear stories like yours. Everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another and vice versa. I myself was on 24mgs and wanted off the Suboxone bad. I taperd down to 2mgs and tried to jump from that dose many times. Due to the symptoms that came up, I just couldn't do it. I had to go right back on the 2mg and remain there.

I came here, got some great advice from several members, and made up my own plan. I've decided to taper lower and now down to 1.50mg and have hope I can get off the sub by tapering even lower. Point is, that's what is in MY best interest to do. Yours was jumping where you did.

If jumping from 16mgs works for you then that's awesome! I hope you continue to get through each day and have no symptoms. I don't think just anyone could do what you did either. It takes a firm committment and you did it.

I just wanted to say thanks for letting us know it can be done and to welcome you here. Please keep posting and let us know how you feel each day. I would be very interested to hear if any symptoms do present themselves after this amount of time basically without any. Take care and all the best to you.

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Karen,
I am on day 12 and basically the same. Still no horrible wds although insomnia has been a nuisance the past few nights so I bout some 10mg meletonin and that really helped. Just feels like a small cold really. Not bad runny nose or watery eyes. Certainly no feeling that I just "don't fit into my skin". I will keep the posts going if you guys want to know more day by day. Gladly, I don't have much new to report lol
Take care and thanks for the welcome :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on subs for 3 years and I have quit cold turkey several times. Everytime I get to day 3 or 4 I start feeling terrible. I had a daily habit for many years and about 6 months before I got on subs I was taking 180/mg of oxys a day. There were plenty of times I got off the oxy for days at a time and I don't know why but my w/d from subs seems so much worse then any opiate that I got off of. I feel that now I'm so much deeper in then I ever was. I could go days before but now since I have been taking subs for so long I don't even want to imagine trying to get off of subs. I'm happy to hear you are doing so well without them I just don't understand why anyone would want to get off of the subs.