It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So.. I was on here about 6 months ago and made it to about day 15 with no subs and then got back on them, 1. because i was still sick and 2. because I had to be back at work and couldnt take it anymore.

I am on day 12 right now, was on for 2 years, jumped at 4mg. I feel a little better right now than I have the last 11 days I guess. I was in detox for 7 days, didnt really get sick til day 4. I'm just wondering if someone can let me know from experience how long the acute w/d last from sub. last time i got off at .5mg and i was back to normal on day 9...this time not so.

Still cant sleep and the anxiety is the worst. Dont want to take anything like xanax but wondering if anyone knows about some OTC or Vitamins that could help me speed up the process?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi finallyoff,

It looks you you said you went back to sub after 15 days because you were still sick and then say after 9 days you were back to normal... I am confused about that.

Other than time, keeping busy and active/exercise, I don't think much will help. 4mg is a big jump. It's been done though.

Personally, I use one of our posters here for inspiration concerning tapering and jumping and that is username: laddertipper. She went slow and steady at her own pace down to 1/16th of a mg and reported feeling no acute withdrawal symptoms worth mentioning. I think, for me, if I don't have the patience to taper, I'm probably not ready to jump.

That said, good luck hope you feel better soon!

Gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

GB,

Thanks for the response. Sorry for the confusion there. I got off sub 3 years ago and was back to normal in 9 days. Got on them again a year later (this time) for 2 years and jumped at 4mg.

Today is day 13 for me. I'm feeling a little bit better, the w/d is still lingering around tho, mainly just extreme fatigue, can't bring myself to do anything. I used to lift weights a lot and was in really good shape maybe that is why last time i felt better quicker?? i havent worked out in the last 2 years being on sub now. I just want to get back to normal and start feeling better!

I was just wondering if anyone could share their experience with me about jumping at 4mg or close to that. Tomorrow is 2 full weeks. I told my doc i was jumping off and canceled the rest of my script so tapering is not an option...ive made it this far i cant even think about going thru this again or taking another sub.

Thanks for any input. :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I jumped at 4mgs once before so I feel your pain, I thought I was losing my mind and was going to have permanent damage. I finally tapered and got off that way. Yiu did jump at a high amount but youre too far in to go back. Every 72hrs the subs half life completes its cycle, so imo opinion you should have about .25mgs max in your system. Give it a couple more days and im sure the acute wd will go away. Insomnia will last awhile, maybe a month or so in my case. Take a good multi vitamin, amino acids and an otc sleep aid if u need it. Make urself work out when you can. Give it time, it gets better. Read "jumped without a parachute" thread for inspiration. Keep a warrior mentality.