It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys!

I I have not posted in a while but I wanted to let all of you out there know how my girl is doing. First I want to say that without the support I found in this forum I would have had no clue how to help my girl.. So a huge thank you goes out to all of you and I can never repay the debt, not that you expect any. So here is repayment as I can give it....

My girl is doing great!! We chose a pretty quick taper and after 10 weeks and three days she jumped. I had her on as close as I could get to .25 mgs, every 36 hours. Then I told her to just go for it. JUMP!! So she did and had not one craving, no withdraw, a slightly upset stomach, some diarreaha and that was about it. She feels good, looks good and is good. She got a JOB....almost a miracle in itself....lol and is happy, optimistic and finally normal again. She has been around users and just walks away and says no way, never again. She says she will miss the high but she will never miss the dopesick. I think that is what really got her to quit.

So anyway, the girl is for now out of the woods and I really feel she will be OK. She says she is putting opiates in her life where she put the xanax. Gone forever. I will always fear the dreaded relapse but right now, at this point in time, she is good. Great. Fantastic and has become once again the daughter I lost a couple of years ago.

Isn't that just great?? I know you will all be very happy for her and for me. For all of you out there still struggling I am just another person to say, it can be done and Suboxone is a wonderful tool no matter which way you choose to go about using it to help you. It sure is an individualized road for everyone but there is an end in sight and success stories are out there. She did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are celebrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who was a help, an inspration, an ear to listen and an advice giver...I couldn't have helped her without you.
Linda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is such great news! I'm happy for your daughter and for you, and I'm glad that we could be here to help you through this process. Take care & remember we'll be here if you ever need us!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats to you both.It is nice to see a mother dedicated to seeing her daughter in her best light and willing to fight to make it happen! Wishing you both a long and happy recovery!!