It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone...

I haven't posted in awhile and I know that it is either good news or bad news when someone stops posting. Well, I am pleased to say that we have good news to report. My dauhgter is doing well!! After the 10 weeks she jumped and she gradually went down to where she was taking .25 every other day. it actually all went smooth. she had some belly aches, just a little trouble sleeping but after about a week she seemed pretty good. She had no cravings and still doesn't. She has been off the sub for about threee months now. I don't see her everyday but when I do see her she appears fine, I don't think she is using anything other than she smokes a bit of weed and she never did really before so perhaps she found a less destructive drug. She does stay away from all those people as far as I know. she gained her weight back, took care in her appearance again, got a job, seems functional and so far so GOOD!! She seems to be her old self again....happy, smiling, working....WOW!! I have learned to never say never and I ask her every day how she feels and all seems well. Every time I see her she looks great and says she feels good. Sure life stresses her and she has bad moods but nothing the ordinary person does not have. So I am hoping she got off easy and walked away before things got worse. I hope she forever remains clean. when I ask her about it she said there could be a pile of H in front of her and she would walk away. So...yes...I am SO HAPPY and so thankful that SUB was out there. There is no way she could have done it alone. And me??? Well I could never have done it without all the help, answers and support I recieved from all of you. I will try to keep posting and feel free to email....if I can help someone I would be thrilled to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It sounds like things are well. Thank you For the update. I am very happy for both of you, and hope it continues to go well.

I would implore you to stay vigilant, and not get complacent. I looked better, had a job, and stayed away from old friends all while going back to using very shortly after quitting with the help of parents and people around me. Opiate addicts are very crafty, and while my parents would tell you we were very close and they knew me inside and out, I was able to use for years without detection. We used opiates to change the way we feel, because we don't like the way we feel. Smoking pot is still changing how you feel, and in my opinion will lead right back to opiates if they aren't there already. I really do wish the best for both if you, but I have to be real. The facts are hard to dispute, and that relapse isn't going to happen is being naive.

As a parent myself I understand your joy, as well as your pain. Please do not get comfortable, and don't let her get comfortable either.

Thanks for checking in!!!

PS: you can buy drug tests very cheap at walmart. Make it random (IE don't tell her in advance) and have her keep the bathroom door open. If approched right, she likely won't take it as an attack or a mis-trust, and if she is happy to oblige you with the test that is a very good sign.