It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: i feel your pain
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yeah i don't understand some of these dr.s either. You'd think they'd listen, after all you know yourself and if you are like me you have done your homework. I don't get the chance to get involved with her dr.'s or I would. She just came home and is extremely aggitated and in a foul ass mood. I gave her the suboxone and she hasn't took it yet. I know she is craving badly so I am gonna guess she is gonna go use, I don't know why she won't just take the f^^^^ING SUBOXONE
I really hope your doc listens to you. I have read a few threads of how people's just using the subutex and doing fine. I don't have much advice but I did hear that at 4.mg.s it acts like a full on agonist and that it won't address your cravings, that is what I was told and with my kid once i got her down to 4 mgs she got all bitchy and craved. This time if she will take the damn pill I am keeping her at 8...until like you, I can't afford the cost and that is going to be after I get done paying 600 bucks this month. Then I don't know where to turn. Best of luck!!! Write back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Suboxowned - I am very sorry you are in this predicament. It's bullshit for sure. I think most doctors care but sometimes they need some help putting themselves in our shoes and you have to be very blunt with them. If you don't mind the suggestion, I think you need to tell him everything you are writing on this forum. I think you need to lay it out what the options are.

A) Go back to using and either overdose and die or just put a gun to your head early and get it over with
B) Continue on 4mg suboxone and ultimately relapse, overdose and die, or put a gun to your head early and get it over with
C) Go down to the methadone clinic and get on methadone (which it sounds like you really don't prefer but prefer moreso than alternatives A or B which tells me you are doing an amazing job of hanging in there....REALLY!!!!)

I would ask him if he thinks in terms of your HEALTH alone, which is the best option for you. I would tell him to set aside whether or not he is willing to prescribe and to please set aside any judgments about what he believes your options are or are not and just ask him to tell you, based on the options above, which does he believe to be the best option for your health and your future. Then ask him to explain why to you. Make him explain it MEDICALLY.

MOM - again, I keep responding because I just feel for you to an extent I have no words to express. I do not have kids myself but I think I have a pretty good grasp on how intense this is for you, how frightening, and how unpredictable. I know you love your kids and want what is best and are doing your best to get them through this world. I hope some day she will be able to look back on this, look you in the eye and truly and genuinely thank you for holding her hand through all of this and for loving her when she isn't really lovable. It seems natural for you but some parents and some mom's don't have it in them. I wish for you a sense of peace despite what is going on around you. I hope you find it and I hope your daughter beats this disease.

Take care to all of you!

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject: thats sound advice
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Jack, that is some good advice for SuboxOWNED. I dealt with a dr. just today, my younger teen has stomach issues and he was wrong, and I was able to back myself up, he ordered a test wrong and simply because he just would not listen. It's another story....but yes if the dr would just take the time to listen like you said and hear it spelled out the way that we see it oh here it may make a difference. I sure hope so because SUB's other options just lead to nowhere.
Still in Limbo as to whether she was gonna take the damn pill or not. I put it in her hand.
She refused to show me her arms, being all a smart ass about it like she may or may not she actually, said "I'll think about it." I truely am a good. loving, caring , concerned parent but at that moment I really wanted to crack her in the head. many times I have wanted to slap her, kick her ass or just shake her till her teeth rattle. Instead I show my love and concern and willingness to help. All those who read my posts know that I allow her to live here and float in and out, out of sheer terror as to what happens to her when I do try that method, kick her out... and she goes down even farther. Some people argue and tell me that "she is there in that ghetto either way." This is a valid point but truth is I completely freak out when she is gone like that.

JackCrack, thanks for always responding. It always makes me feel better when I get yours and all others kind words.
For this night I will keep on keeping on.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey, I just wanted to chime in with a few words of encouragement. I was addicted to pain pills most of my adult life after a skiing accident and I have also been a life long addict of everything that is bad for you, cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana, you get my point. I have never really been clean my entire life. Last year I finally decided enough was enough and ended up calling an ad from the newspaper that was titled "Get you life back"' It was an advertisement for a local Suboxone Doctor, so I decided to call. After numerous times of trying to ween myself off the Percocet ( At one point I was taking in excess of 140mg a day) I figured I would check out this "Suboxone" Boy am I glad I did, It saved my life! I was fortunate enough to find a Doctor that seemed to care which seems to be a big problem as far as I have been reading. It was expensive $350 for my initial visit , $200 for each follow up, and then the actual prescription itself which my insurance reluctantly covered but still costs me $50 a pop so I can see where money can be an issue. Like others have mentioned some Suboxone doctors have an assistance program through R&B that can help pay but they can only have a a certain number of patients on it. Back to why I originally posted...My initial dose was 12mg a day and Im currently down to 6mg a day without any problem.I actually cut down myself and then made the doctor aware after I felt comfortable with the step down. He was not mad but we agreed I should let him know next time I decide to do any tapering myself. I was taking the 16mg a day until august and have been on the 6mg ever since. It has helped with cravings even at the lower dose I still do not have an urge to use opiates. I am a hypochondriac/ worrier with OCD so any medicine I take I study and read as much information I can and then read it again, because of the worrying I'm always concerned about the side effects and long term effects of any medication I take. ( kind of weird for a drug addict that has no problem poisoning himself with what I know is bad, lol) . I know Suboxone is a fairly new drug and has not been around long enough for long term study although Im sure there is tons of info out there you just have to make sure you get it from a reliable and trustworthy source. From my own experience I can tell you that at other times in my life I wasnt ready to quit so as far as relapse goes if it happens it happens but I can honestly say that this time I am serious (Im 34) and I will never let my addiction get the better of me again. ( positive thinking is key!) If there is one thing I can confidently say it is that Suboxone did give me my life back! While I hate still having my life ruled by medication at least it is legal and under a doctors care but it is the first step of many on the long road to recovery. One other positive I can give you is that while on the Suboxone it gives you the opportunity to clean things up in other areas of your life because you finally have a clear head and not constantly worrying about that next fix or running out and going through withdrawal. Please do not discourage her from the Suboxone, it saved me from definite self destruction. I wish you all the best and if you or your daughter ever need someone to talk to please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to try and help. God Bless you for being the caring, loving mother you are, the world would be such a better place if all Moms were like you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

***OH!!! and one more very important thing I failed to mention. As I was told by my Doctor from the very first day of treatment , YOU WILL GET BRIEF PERIODS OF VERY MINOR WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS ie: WATERY EYES , BODY ACHES , RUNNY NOSE , YAWNING AND OTHER LITTLE NUANCES, but nothing like the real thing! The key to not letting these lead to cravings and become bothersome is to keep yourself busy!!!! Go for a walk,read a book,cook, eat, anything to to take your mind off of the symptoms, they pass very quickly! Even if you dwell on them they go away almost immediately but just dont take this as a false indication of needing to up your dosage, IT IS NOT, TRUST ME, IM AN ADDICT! (LOL). One more very important thing, actually the most important of all!!!! DO NOT LET YOUR DAUGHTER TAKE ALCOHOL, XANAX OR ANY OTHER BENZO, TRANQUILIZER, OR SEDATIVE WHILE TAKING THE SUBOXONE ,THIS IS THE EASIEST WAY TO CAUSE RESPIRATORY DEPRESSION AND DIE!!! Lots of heroin addicts attempting recovery will mix the suboxone and xanax to get the feeling of nodding out or the heroine rush associated with shooting up. Some other threads and forums Ive been on are nothing but people looking for a way to use the suboxone to get high and some of the methods of delivery are not only absurd, they are absolutely DEADLY! Please do not take this as a discouragement, I am simply telling you because I know it and I dont want you to be blind to it. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:12 pm 
While you are correct that in some cases it is not a good idea to take benzos with suboxone it is not anymore dangerous than taking benzos with regular opiates. My sub doc just put me on ativan because I have an anxiety disorder and while he was hesitant at first he understands im suffering (i was on ativan before sub treatment from a different doctor but stopped when i got on subs) and prescribed it because he knows he can trust me and that because Im tolerant to suboxone it wont be dangerous taking a prescribed dose of ativan with it. It can be safely done if you have a need for the benzos is all Im saying. Alot of people think that mixing suboxone with benzos is like an instant recipie for death but its no worse than any other opiate in that regard. I am on a low dose of benzos tho. But yea if someone doesnt have an Rx for them its definitely not a good idea to take them without the doctors knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

suboxOWNED wrote:
While you are correct that in some cases it is not a good idea to take benzos with suboxone it is not anymore dangerous than taking benzos with regular opiates. My sub doc just put me on ativan because I have an anxiety disorder and while he was hesitant at first he understands im suffering (i was on ativan before sub treatment from a different doctor but stopped when i got on subs) and prescribed it because he knows he can trust me and that because Im tolerant to suboxone it wont be dangerous taking a prescribed dose of ativan with it. It can be safely done if you have a need for the benzos is all Im saying. Alot of people think that mixing suboxone with benzos is like an instant recipie for death but its no worse than any other opiate in that regard. I am on a low dose of benzos tho. But yea if someone doesnt have an Rx for them its definitely not a good idea to take them without the doctors knowledge.
The reason I stressed the danger so much was due to the fact that from reading the posts I came to the conclusion that she was taking them to get the Heroin rush some recovering addicts chase and not for true anxiety. Sorry if it came off so strong but it is a serious matter. FYI , the R&B Suboxone website has a big warning in red letters at the bottom of their homepage stating the danger of mixing these two drugs. Just making you aware not judging anyone, ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to mention that buprenorphine, the active ingredient in suboxone, actually has been around for a long time. It's a safe drug with no long term negative effects. Also, Suboxone was used outside the US for a while as well. It's just that in the US there was DATA 2000 that allowed for the use of opiates to treat opiate addiction. That is what's new as of 2000. Just wanted to clarify that.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mom - I think it's worse for your daughter to have a place to float in/out to. I hope you get the help you need to realize this is keeping her in that sick place because it enables her to keep using. I know it would kill you to just let her be out on the street or in the ghetto but what you are doing is only prolonging it. She needs to hit bottom and I am sorry to say that you may well be part of it. I would get that professional counseling and ask them how you are to handle this to help her hit bottom faster and then stick with it entirely. She is playing you. She is using you. You are so invested in her that I almost think it is making it worse in some ways.

Addicts are stubborn. The only example I can give is when I quit smoking. If I feel pressure from anyone like husband, doctor, parents, etc. I will only smoke more and tell them I am not ready. The more they bother me about it the more irritated I get. They leave me alone, and on my own terms, I decide I would like to quit. I have done this before so I know how I am. I tell them all to BACK OFF. Don't ask me how I am doing, don't "sympathize", don't suggest, just back the hell off. I gave my husband the 2 packs of smokes remaining and told him if I ask for one, just give it to me. Don't get mad. Don't give me a look. Just give it to me. I've only gone 1 day without smoking so far but I set it up like this because as soon as I feel even remotely pressured it is too much for me and I will fail immediately. I gave myself an "out" with my husband holding the cigarettes because every time I get cranky I know I "CAN" if I "WANT" have a smoke right now. I also know my husband would be deep down disappointed. I know I would be disappointed. I know one smoke would mean I will be a smoker again entirely. There is no half way for me. I can't smoke just one. But I set it up so the only thing between me and a smoke is ME.

I don't know enough about your situation to advise on exactly "how" you get it to this point where SHE has to hit on her own and SHE makes the choice. So long as she feels like she is doing it for anyone else or that anyone else has too much invested in it, she will fail though. "IF" she is anything like me and a million other addicts out there. I'm not sure how you separate when she is dependent on you for the sub. You certainly can't just give the sub to her. I wouldn't put sub in her hand. I would put it in her mouth only and that's it. If she doesn't want it then she can leave the house NOW. If she throws a guilt trip on you I would tell her there is a patient assistance program and she can get it on her own if she doesn't like your boundaries but you don't want to hear it and she can get out of your house if she doesn't like it. Something has to change. I would tell her she isn't welcome unless she is serious about getting clean and STICK to it. She is very close to hitting a real bottom I think but she has to be allowed to hit. I think you cutting her off might be the bottom she needs. She will test it to see if it is true and once she realizes you are dead serious and you are DONE with this, she will want to get clean.

Just my opinion. You need a lot of support if you are going to try this.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:47 am 
Jackcrack:

I must say, im not at all one for the whole kick the addict out thing. Just a difference of opinion however, i really do believe you are 110% correct about what she should do. I would do just as jackcrack says and only put the sub in her mouth. She isnt trustable otherwise. If she doesnt want it, or even gives you a hard time you take it away from her and tell her to figure it out on her own. I most definitely believe what you have said, jackcrack, is absolutely true and i really think that may be exactly what needs to happen. She is definitely gonna test you, but you stand your ground no matter what. Cut off access to money, the medication if she doesnt wanna take it and any other possible way she could obtain the drugs. Im willin to bet she would come beggin you for that sub in no time. I do truly believe the problem very well may be that she is being enabled beyond belief. In ways you dont realize. Its time to get serious with her and just flat out tell her, this is how its gonna be or else. I cant really think of anything else to add as jackcrack pretty much made every point that needed to be made. I hope things get better for you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with JackCrack. As long as she has a place to float in and out of as she sees fit, regardless of whether she's using or not, then she's going to keep up her current pattern. I also agree that if you're doling out the suboxone, put it in her mouth instead of in her hand. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of you giving them to her one at a time.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not always a die hard kick the addict out person either.........BUT in my opinion it is abundantly clear what is going on and the daughter is even kind of pushing or challenging mom here to set a boundary.....but none gets set. It reminds me of my ADHD nephew who wants structure worse than anything. The fewer boundaries you set, the worse the behavior. You can "ask" him to behave and suggest rewards for behavior, but all he hears is blah, blah, blah. He needs to hear what the BOTTOM line is and know you are firm and as soon as that is done, you can have a wonderful time with him and he is a little angel.

The daughter is doing the same thing. It's almost like she is begging for a boundary. Like she got out of rehab and immediately tested the waters to see what would happen if she didn't behave. Guess what? Nothing. So it is too easy for her to slip right back into all the old patterns. It's like she is on automatic. If things were just a bit more difficult or if she actually had to be a bit fearful for a minute or afraid. She doesn't even have to fear withdrawal right now because she can just go home and get a free suboxone without taking a drug test or seeing a doctor, etc. I would assume she isn't using them as quickly as prescribed and she doesn't care about tomorrow...just today and how she will get high.

Why don't you call A&E and get her on Intervention?

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

someone else mentioned intervention. Like as in the SHOW? No I just don't think I could do that but I did ask her and she said she has seen intervention and claims to be no where as down as though people. I beg to differ. But then she appears pretty normal while here. I know you are gonna say she using. she probably is. I think she has just cut down or cut back. I guess that is a good thing. I think she is waiting around for her methadone appt. which I don't agree with.She is not taking the sub that I put in her hand I am not gonna shove them down her throat. I want to. I don't know how to set these boundaries. I know I need to do something but I am lost, alone and feeling hopeless. The xanax, yes I know and she knows she can have seizures and go into respiratory failure. She has seized before from the shit. I just don't know what to do to control her other than kick her out totally and forget I had a daughter. She plays my love for her against me. she does not seem to really be pushing for a boundary to be set. She is still disillusioned and thinks she is in control of her addiction. I called some professional interventionists and they want between 3000 and 7000 dollars for a week long intervention. I can't even afford the sub how am I gonna afford that??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I went back and re-read some of the posts and as always I have to say thank you all for the support. You mentioned her rock bottom again. man I just don't know where her rock bottom is...she has hit it time and time again. She has not yet landed dead on arrival at the hospital in a coma on life support. She has seen it happen to friends and I made her go see them in that condition. maybe that will be her rock bottom. It is not living in her car, been there...it is not the ghetto drug houses, been there....me throwing her shit on the lawn...she goes into a spiral that scares me so fucking bad that I let her come home. I know I enable her guys, I know. Sadly, I know. I don't give her money, I can't take her car, I just give her a place to sleep when she comes home and food to eat when she's hungry. I kept the sub and she does not come crawling to me to take it she just says she takes a few xanax instead and smokes weed. She says even that helps her cravings. This morning she was asleep with her arms above her head and her arms looked OK. They got the old scars but no new tracks. I also could see her legs, her feet, the backs of her knees........maybe she is snorting. I don't see how she could even be using unless she getting it for free and that does happen. I know...enabling Mom is making excuses....I know...truth is I just really don't know but I am letting her figure this out on her own. I have been keeping my mouth shut and my eyes open. But I do know that she is not using the sub and the benzos at the same time. Not right now anyway. I am in my worst nightmare. I have a terrible confession and sometimes I think if she would just go ahead and overdose then this would all end. How horrible of me to even think that. What kind of mother must I be? You guys know I don't mean it but sometimes I think it when I am sitting up all night crying. Yes something has to give. I wish her fucking Dad would step into the picture and help me, not that he ever has but it would be nice. I wish he could come in and swoop her away and pull out his big bucks and pay for her some real help and tell the kid he loves her. Maybe then she'd see. and yes, I've asked and begged and argued. Sorry for the rant..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hey i have been following this thread for while and i wanted to say that i have never dellt with an addict (other then myself) but i know what my parents went through and i know it was very hard on them. i understand and know this must be almost impossible for you and its in my mind it doesnt seem wrong for you to think something terrible (as you said above). i have thought terrible things such as that before but its not because i mean them, its more due to the fact that my mind is acting out its frusturations. dont feel bad. everyone on this forum has given you a ton of good advice and i do watch intervention alot and i have been to a million therapy sessions. My mom was very concerned with enabling when she first picked me up from detox and began asking all sorts of questions regarding what constituted enabling. my point being that every is different. i mnow that if my mother was in your position right now she would have trouble being the hard ass that everyone is telling her tobe. of course this is your daughter and what we are telling you to do is easier said then done, however sometimes people who enable actually get some sort of relief from enabling. I dont want to use the word "high" but that is the word used in many books regarding those issues. not really sure where i am going at this point but you and your daughter are in my prayers and i do hope that everything works out. i am a strong beleiver in the fact that for a drug addict to begin healing they have to want to heal. i know that if i had been offered suboxone 3 years ago or even 5 months before i started the program, i probably would have relapsed. why? because i wasnt ready yet. every single time i tried to quit, 9 total, i found my self thinknig "how will i live for the rest of my life without another pain pill". this last time i quit and began the sub program, i never once thought that i would need a pain pill ever again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

mom you gotta let her stay on the Suboxone for longer this time, My friends were both on Suboxone for 2years and the other for 3years and both tapered off within a 3month period when they were ready and had a doctor supporting thier taper plan and they had no withdrawl symptoms at all and have both been completely clean now for 5years they both have gotten married and started families. i have just started my Suboxone therapy and have just started gettingmy life back , but both of my friends were 10+yrs heroin addicts and thats why thier docs told them to stay on the Suboxen longer because they both tried 3 different times a few weeks here or a few months there on Suboxone and they relapsed terribly everytime and there doctors said it was because theyre addiction to heroin was too powerful to be on the Suboxone for such a short period of time and then taper off so quickly. So dont be affraid of the w/d from the Suboxone ive withdrawn from subs and yeah its not pleasant but its no where near the hell that is withdrawling from heroin or percocet or other full opiates just let her recover with the suboxone for as long as she needs it and make sure she gets in with a councelor so that this recovery succeeds the counceling coupled withthe Suboxone and what she already appears to have which is a wonderful suport system is whats going to make her succeed. good luck Mom and God Bless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

:wink: We all know that you dont really wish shed overdose you dont even have to say that to us, no one is here to judge you Mom, :( we know your just at your witts end, and yeah actually i would have to say that maybe her addiction is actually Harder on you at times than it is on her because she isnt taking any accountability for herself that all falls on your shoulders, :( and honey we all know that is one hell of a heavy burdon to carry. :cry: I am so sorry you have to go through this. And id hate to say it but...maybe everyone is right..maybe in order for her to hit rock rock bottom your gonna have to completely cut her off no money no place to live no nothing, and i know how absolutely excrusiating thats gotta be for you to have to do, but in may be your only chance to save her life. :? Give her the ultimatum of the only way you can live in my house under my roof is the only drug you can have in your system is Suboxone and suboxone ONLY. and do random UA's that you can get for cheap at the drug store but maybe if she REALLY sees and feels like shes losing EVERYTHING, MOM, a place to LIVE, money SUPPORT EVERYTHING maybe that will make her wake up and see that she doesnt want to lose her mom. At this point what do you have to lose? besides your daughters LIFE? Your awake all night crying and Her addiction is killing YOU TOO. :evil: You say shes in rehab right now right? is she currently using while shes in rehab? if so u might want to speak to the staff and have them do a UA and have them tighten her ropes abit while shes in there at least. As a mom you really do have the hardest job, but i really think if you can get her back on the Suboxone and keep her on it for a while and get her off of EVERYTHING else POT. XANAX, anything else, but most impotantly the Benzos because with the Suboxone if shes taking Benzos thier gonna kill her. But if we can just get her off all this other shit and just give the Subs a chance to really saturate her brain and decrease her cravings we could get her into counceling we could really turn this around. Just keep talking to us Mom were here for you, were never gonna judge you, we all understand what your going through and even better what your daughters going through, well all get through this! :wink: Dont give up! :wink:

Post subject: mom of a teen
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Sorry you have been through so much with your daughter, I have two children both over 20 one just turned. and I know if my child was addicted to anything. to me nothing is worse then the other becuase it all leads to the same thing. A really tuff and sad life. But I would most definantly let her stay on suboxene for as long as she needs to be on it. specially you mentioned that she wants to be clean now!! that is a good sign. I am on suboxene, and a mother and grandmother never thought i'd be here at this point in my life. but the pain pills just took over and at first it ws a way to mask pain and issues. or so i thought but then it became a matter of just not getting sick. i knew it was wrong and was so depressed and quilty about it all. And just felt hopeless until i found suboxene. I've only been on it a month. but what a difference in my outlook. at first i was all about the fast taper and not being on it for long,,,,had that trading one addiction to another thing in my head. but after reading about it and getting the book healing the addicted brain. very good book if you haven't read it. I reconsidered my opion on the treatment of suboxene. I have a deiases and whether it was self inflicted or not doesn't matter i have it now...I may not have it for ever or be active in it. but it is there..and if I had anyother deiases I would take medicine to help it to....i have high blood pressure i take high blood presure meds....i have depression i take zoloft.. I have vitimen definiecys so i take vitimens....
and if i have to take that stuff for life so be it if it helps me through day to day living.....I hope to one day taper off the suboxene and I have read that if you do a slow taper it is not bad at all under doctor care and doing it the right way it can be hardly noticeable at all....but you must stay on it long enough to feel the need to taper and feel strong enough to move forward in your recovery and give yourself time to make new friends and make new interests in life. habits take a while to form good or bad.....and i'm taking this time to form new habits or retrieve some old ones i lost while on pills....i would let you daughter take the subs don't made her feel like she is still a druggie and know that this is way better then her going to the ghetto and hanging with people that don't care about her....you do and if she is on subs enjoy her recovery and mend your relationship with her in a few years you will have a completely different daughter that is a functioning member of society. and be proud that she is taking the medicine that will help her get there no matter how long! Just my opion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Fortheloveof, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum! Your story sounds a lot like mine. I too was just looking for a quick detox but as I learned more about sub I decided to stay on it. I've been on sub for 6 months now and am doing great!

Congrats on taking your life back! You are in the right frame of mind and am sure you will do great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:24 am 
New Poster
New Poster

:( This situation hits me hard because if my daughter would be going through this i dont know what i would do, my daughter is only 3 years old but yeah...I'm on Suboxone 8/2mgs. twice a day and it took about 7-8 months to finaly let go of Oxy...during those months I tried to take Oxy several times with no effect due to the Suboxone blocking it and i knew this was going to happen but i just needed to snort an Oxy, but after many many attempts i finaly gave up Oxy and as of right now i dont feel the need for it...You just have to keep your daughter on it long enough untill she lets go... And yes i understand your concern but Suboxone isn't that bad...the only thing i heard is that the naloxone isnt too good for ya but i dont know if thats even true... I wish the very best to you and ur daughter!

Does your daughter have any other support besides you? The more people that believe in her, the better.

oh and sorry if i repeated things, only read a few of the posts...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next