It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: short
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I did this to my mom. I went to methadone after years of painpill addiction. I went from 24 mgs of methadone to 24 mgs of suboxone. I stayed at 24 for a few maybe three months then slowly took myself down and eventually all the way off after about sixteen months and i schedualed a few days off work so if i felt bad i could stay home. I didn't even need those days off. So bad withdraw no. I stayed off it for five months but have back and leg pain issues so i decided it would be best to use it again for pain so i didn't abuse pain pills for it. Im 34 and am a single dad and i've had the same job for three and a half years. So hope that helps you some. God bless you and your daughter. Wade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

this is just my personal experience. i thnk you are doing a great thing, you sound alot like my mother, she stood by me even though i put her through hell. I am now 27, when my addiction started i was 23. I know just from my experience that when i got on suboxone it was a choice i made for myself. I went to detox twice and the paws were to much each time, i also think that i wouldnt have stayed clean anyways at that time because i didnt want to stay clean. This last time i really felt different. I didnt have that nagging thought in my head that i always had that said, "how am i gonna make it without pills, i dont ever see mysefl living without pain pills". this last time i could see myself living without them and the day i got on subs i deleted all the numbers from my phone that i didnt need. I stopped hanging out with and answering the calls of anyone i knew that did drugs with me. I have one very good friend that did zanax with me but she doesnt do them anymore and was never really addicted, she did have a problem with coke though and she understands that i can never be around pills. Anyways the point of my onslaught of words is that if someone is ready they may need some assistance but they will want to make all the right moves. it may not have been the same with everyone but this is how alot of my clean friends delt with their sobriety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thank you guys for your support. Yes I know I need to back off, it is very hard and frustrating. I am always bailing her out and saving her and mostly I do that so that she won't have charges or problems and keeps her drivers lic. Actually the only trouble she has been in is for a dwi but that costs me and I kept her out of jail. Next time, and I am waiting for her to screw up she is gonna do that jail time and probably save her life in the process. But yes, it is very hard not to overlove her. I am an enabler and I can admit that and that behavior has to STOP!! Yes I wish i could afford therapy. Yes, all my energy goes into this little addict. NO, I do not neglect my other girl at all we spend lots of time together and are very close and she has lived with addiction all her years, her Dad was an addict. What a sad life but is some people's reality. When my addict daughter was a young teen I divorced the addict father and had anew boy friend and was never home enoguh, therefore my girl who needed me the most was left to make her own bad decisons, people tell me she would have made her own bad choices but I disagree. I feel very guilty for not being there for those few years when she was a young teen. By 17 she was an addict.
So I keep close to home and my younger girl and me are thick as thieves and I won't repeat that mistake. I feel I failed my older girl by doing that. I don't take all the blame of course but I should have gave her better guidance like I do now. I just didn't know any better. Live and learn the hard way I guess. Now she pays this terrible price.
Yes I am going to find some meetings, al anon something for myself. As you all can tell I am a mess and just about lost with the struggle. My addicted girls father is also worthless, not an addict but not there for her, does not care about her and won't help me.
I have been a single parent since always and have always had to do it myself. It is hard to be Mom, Dad, friend, parent, the Keeper of all things wonderful and currently....Santa Claus...hahahahha
But I hang tight cause I am a fighter and I have faith.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

and oh yes I have turned that cell phone of hers off. changed the number 10 times. All pointless she just has them back in no time...YES she has to be the one to do it this time, ditch those so called friends and lose those numbers and stay off the streets. I pray she does. In the mean time i am going to try my best to encoarage and teach her and help her as much as she will allow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have not read every comment in this thread, but I'd like to make a couple points. The question, 'will her brain receptors heal if she is on Suboxone', is not consistent with what we know about the actions of opioids and about receptors in general. There is no need, and no such thing, as 'healing' of receptors. That concept may come from some huckster, trying to sell some useless supplement... but please-- IGNORE THAT PERSON.

Opioids have actions at the mu receptor that are very well known. The entire mu opioid receptor has been sequenced and cloned, for God's sake! Go to Google images and search for 'mu receptor' and you will probably get a three dimensional picture of the receptor in the cell membrane! Opioids act at receptors in a completely reversible manner. They cause up-regulation, aka tolerance; again, a completely reversible process.

OPIOIDS DO NOT DAMAGE OPIOID RECEPTORS-- EVEN WHEN BOUND TO RECEPTORS FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.

We now have people who have been on buprenorphine since the early 1990's-- that is when buprenorphine was first used to treat opioid dependence in Europe. We have people who have been on methadone for far, far longer than that! In cases of people taking opioids for decades and decades, the receptors are not 'damaged'-- they are 'tolerant', and even after such long-term occupancy they return to normal when the opioid is gone.

Please-- get rid of the idea that Suboxone is doing something bad to your daughter-- THAT ATTITUDE COULD VERY WELL END UP KILLING HER! This is not hyperbole; I have seen it several times, in cases I have witnessed in real time-- family members worried about Suboxone for some bizarre reason, getting the patient off Suboxone.... and the person then dying of overdose. It is NUTS-- it is exactly the same as a case I remember when I was in med school where a family took their kid of chemotherapy for the osteosarcoma in his leg, worried that the chemo was hurting him-- and yes, the kid died from a treatable cancer.

I AM NO FAN OF RECKITT-BENCKISER, BUT BUPRENORPHINE IS A LIFE SAVER!

Please, for ANY mother or father or sister or brother-- keep the person on buprenorphine until the risks of relapse are lower-- i.e. the person is AT LEAST OVER 30 YEARS OLD, has NO using contacts, has NO phone numbers of users, has a job, has good things going on in life, is proud of his/her accomplishments, has reflected for years on drug use and put it into a wise perspective, is in a stable set of relationships, is employed, is educated... not ONE of these things, but ALL of these things. If it takes twenty years for these things to be accomplished, continue the buprenorphine for twenty years!

The relapse rate for people in their teens and 20's is virtually 100%, even after months of residential therapy. Why, knowing that, and knowing the fatality rate of opioid dependence, would ANYONE allow a young addict to be off buprenorphine???

Please, mom, examine your thoughts and feelings and wishes about having her back to where she was before she used. That cannot happen-- it is a pipe dream. It is the same thing as someone seeing their kid go through pregnancy and raise a kid for a year, and then fantasize that the person will suddenly wake up and it all will never have happened. Addiction is a disease process that cannot be 'undone'. All we can do is try our best to use what we have, to keep our loved ones alive.

I could understand, maybe, some of this if there were risks to being on buprenorphine; say, if it caused cancer or something. Even then, the balance of risks would probably favor staying on buprenorphine, since the risk of death from OD is simply so high. But geez-- over 2 million scripts written for bupe and NO evidence for toxicity-- this is about as safe a medication as we have! Yes, one goes through w/d when stopping it, but the tolerance stays at the same level for years; the w/d is no worse for a person taking it for ten years than for someone on it for six months!

Get her on buprenorphine, and make it your mission to keep her on buprenorphine. Then, work to 'undo' the shame about being on buprenorphine, and let her take the bupe and live like a normal person! She can be who she used to be-- free of the obsession to use-- if she stays on it. If you insist on taking her off, then she will live with the obsession to use, that will mess with her head every day... why would you want her to live like that?

Get rid of your hangups about a life-saving medication. Treat it like you would insulin for a diabetic-- how would you feel about a mother who keeps taking her daughter off insulin, because she wants a normal daughter?

I've said enough.... please, let go of the attitude. Opioids are not 'evil'; they are molecules with well defined and well-known actions. Some can really cause problems, and some can be life-savers. They all have actions at receptors that are completely reversible-- but the respiratory depression caused by agonists is often permanent. Get rid of the shame; your daughter has a right to feel 'normal' ON medication for her illness. She has suffered enough.

JJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Let the Dr. be the Dr. and you be Mom and care and love for her.

Post subject: DOC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for responding. I was hoping you would read my thread. I am greatly very greatly relieved to learn that her receptors are not damaged but merely tolerant. I didn't know that. I was misinformed I suppose. Yes I have been freaking out thinking she would never be "Normal" again and that her brain would never recover. It is a huge relief to know different. Thank you for that.
Yes I am terrified of her overdose and I know it is bound to happen. She has come so very close so many times I am truly surprised she is not yet killed herself with this poison toxic street shit. Yes I know sub is the lesser of many evils and yes I am viewing it this time quite differently. I have tried my way 4 times and failed each time. So far without losing a daughter. This time if she goes back to using I KNOW she is gonna die I feel it in my soul. I will stop viewing it as an evil...I will begin to look at it as the cure. I have been so stuck on its still an opiate its still an opiate!!
At this point I will do anything including selling my house to pay for the sub since I have no money to pay for it anymore. I have spent my entire life savings on these failed attempts. Doc I want you to know that it wasn't always my choice to pull her off the sub but she has state insurance and they will only pay for it for 3 months and no doctors around here will accept medicaid. It is frustrating and heartbreaking as her parent to not be able to afford to keep her on it. I am going to look into trying to find a doctor that can get her into that free program for a year I just don't know where to start. A couple people suggested the locator. I live in a very small town in the middle of nowhere. My quest is on to try to find her some permanent help so that she can stay on it. When are they ever going to come out with something cheaper, that generic everyone talked about?? Thanks again Doc for responding...it really helped me see it clearer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to respond to something you said earlier, mom. You spoke of how you feel guilty for not being around during your daughter's earlier years. I'm here to tell you that YOU DID NOT CAUSE THIS. It doesn't matter what you did or didn't do. To be honest with you, chances are your daughter may have a genetic predisposition to this disease of addiction. There have been studies that identify some of the genes that may be related to addiction. If that's the case with her, all it took was that first pill and a virtual "switch" was thrown in her brain.

There's a thread here called, "What is Addiction". It's located here: http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3 ... diction%3F

In this thread, there is a link to an article that I highly recommend you read. I think it's the very thing you need to read and let sink in. The article even talks about the lack of judgment that addicts seem to have and the brain/biological reasons for it. I can't stress enough that you should read this article. If you do, I think you will see things from a new perspective, one that does not include the guilt you are now carrying around. All you are doing is beating yourself up over something that you had no control over. You need to accept this, especially if you want to help her. You need to be clear-headed and focused for her and your guilt is only clouding your judgment.

I really hope this helps.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: genetic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow I got totally submerged in that genetic thread. Very interesting. However, she has no direct family that is addicted but grew up in an addicted home because my second husband who was here for 12 years before I had to leave him due to his destructive addiction, pretty much raised her. He was actually like having just another child on drugs for me though and I finally had to cut him loose. He is still an addict and he and she have passed eachhother in and out of the drug houses. So I don't know if she could be genetically inclined or not. I have a half sister who is an alcoholic but other than that no one. I think she started so young and got trapped into the addiction cycle. When you ask her why she does dope her answer is because it makes her feel good. hhhhmmmmmmm I plan to read more of that fantastic thread and I also went to some of the articles but had to stop and go to work!! Thank you for the information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I haven't read that article but I know I have the gene for it even though none of my direct family members are addicts. For example, my mom is a shopping addict. My dad has never been addicted to anything, nor anyone in his family addicted to anything. My grandfather was an alcoholic for many years and that is it. But I know I have the gene for it.

There isn't a single person I know who couldn't "blame" their parents for something. But we all still make our own choices. With my earlier post, by no means was I trying to say that BECAUSE my parents were consumed with my sister that it CAUSED me to be an addict. There were a variety of factors that led to this outcome. I was merely stating that your energy could probably be used elsewhere. I am glad to hear that this is not the case because in most families with an addict, this is what happens.

When I found this site, I was very much in a position like Dr. Junig discusses where I was ashamed to be on suboxone. The guilt was horrible. I was tortured every day. My husband tortured me about it as well. I was hiding it from my family and friends. Finding this site helped me to let go of that shame like Dr. Junig is talking about. That gave me the freedom to truly accept my situation. When I pondered my situation, I was thinking of healthier choices and scenarios other than thinking about getting off suboxone so I could be who I was before this all started. I am ten times healthier now than I was then. It took me a while to get the people I love to understand, but once I did, I felt free. I no longer feel imprisoned by addiction or by suboxone. I am probably 10x safer now than I was before because of the change in attitude. It does make a huge difference.

How is she doing by the way? Have you gotten to talk to her recently?

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

O got to talk to her yesterday very briefly. She looked good and sounded good and they are forcing her now to take that whole 16 mg dose watching her until it dissolves. I disagree with that since 8 works like a charm for her and everyone is different. I am not freaking out or gonna sweat it anymore. I am going with her to talk to her sub doc on the 4th and will tell him what her and I think and go from there. I was never and she was never guilty or ashamed to be on sub. I just kept looking at it like a trade off and a substitute but I have changed my views on that. This time I am going to let her ride it out, get her head on straight and then and only then worry about dropping. she may be one of these people that stay on it for life. I view if now as in a treatment that is gonna allow her to be a little more normal and to be able to function again. Otherwise she is going to end up a statistic, I feel it in my soul. So that is my update. She comes home on the 28th and then I will find out if she is serious or not this time. In the past she just wasn't ready and I pray she is this time. I am certainly scared to death and I don't know what to do if she starts running the streets again because if she does I know she is not serious. I can't keep her locked in the basement although I have gave it considerable thought!! I am going to encourage group , church, meetings and soon a job and try to get her to come to work with me. Wish me luck I am going to need it!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Momofateenaddict, I am so sorry you are going through this. Being a Mom myself, you just want to take all the hurts away from your child, it doesn't matter how old they are. Addiction is such a hard complex thing. I didn't read others responses as I didn't have the time to right at the moment, so this might be what others already said... But, I would allow the doctors to do their job, and think of it this way. I have watched more than one loved one go through addiction. And the most scary as you know, is death. If she is on the sub's for a little while, from what I hear, (as I am just starting on this myself) that you wont have cravings, and if she was to try to get a high, it wouldn't work. This would give her some time, to learn once again, how it feels to be sober. As young as she is, I hope she really see's how much better she feels, and a lot of wonderful things come to her, do to not using. Then at that point, she can have a good amount of time, where maybe she won't want to go back to where she was. If you rush her off, even though I understand why you would, it may just put her right back to cravings, and using.. When you get to the point where it sounds like you are.. Its a matter of life and death, looking at it that way, being on this med to help her, is a lot better than what it could be right?
Also, from experience.. Have you thought about getting some kind of support system for yourself? When I felt like I wasn't going to make it through another day, living and watching the one I love so much, literally fight for his life, I decided to listen to someone that had mentioned Alanon. I sure wasn't open to it and very defensive. But after going for awhile, you start feeling normal for the first time. People will love you, support you, and the best part, you will hear stories, that are so close to your situation, where you will feel like your not alone. This is so important. I pray this time works for her. And she has the rest of her life, for wonderful things.. Peace...

Post subject: short daughter update.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Looks like my hands are tied. She came home, immediately relapsed, spit out and totally refuses to take the sub. She has not been home but here and there. SWEARS she is not using....says when she gets the crave she takes xanax. I just don't know. I know that y'all are out of advice I mean even I am. I guess when and if she is truly ready she will do something. I finally am going to detach and just try to be here for her. I wish i could just throw her to the wolves but the mama grizzly in me just can't up and do it. Instead I am seeking help for myself. She said she would get on methadone. Maybe that will be of some degree better. If she does that she is gonna have to just go do it on her own like she should have been all along. I LOVE YOU SUBOXFORUM.....my gratitude is yours forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you have a good plan and I am sorry to hear that your long ride with addiction isn't over yet. But I do think getting help for yourself is one of the best things you can do for her right now. She isn't just taking a xanax when she feels like she wants to use. She is using when she wants to use or she would be in withdrawal and look like she is in withdrawal and she would be miserable since she has been on sub this whole time. I agree with you backing out a little. Her problems need to be hers and you need to take care of you. If you bail her out and care take her through this she will never develop her own desire to get out of it. She will have to hit bottom. Definitely get help for yourself so they can help you through this. I wonder why the attitude change in her? She was the one who wanted to go to rehab. Why the immediate defiance and immediate relapse? Interesting.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:19 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

momofateenaddict wrote:
She is currently in rehab just for the second time and is back on sub for the 4th time.

Mom, I'm not reading any of the other 33 responses that you already have. So, I apologize if I repeat what others have said. First, I want to say to you (and to your daughter) welcome back into recovery! I'm a mother (one is still a teen). I'm the addict in my family, though, not my children.

Quote:
I think I got so freaked out reading the forum that I was afraid to let her stay on high doses and always tapered her fast and never let her stay on longer than three months.
First, let me say: BTDT. I also relapsed. Three months is not long enough for most people.

Quote:
It has been only one week but she is still there!! I am totally freaked that they have her on 16 mgs. I have decided since my way failed so many times perhaps I should let her hang a little longer. I am so afraid of her staying on it for a year and going through PAWS. I have sat up with her countless times as she withdrew from heroin but I am scared to death of the suboxone withdraw I hear it is even worse.
16mg was my dose for quite awhile. At one point, I was on 20mg. That's what it took to curb my cravings. My first time on Sub, I had a doctor who refused to go above 12mg and quickly decreased to 8mg and then 6mg. The cravings never really stopped. I was very frustrated. 16mg made all the difference for me.

Quote:
I also realize that in my daughters case, she may end up being a person on ORT for life although i pray not.
Might I humbly suggest that you consider changing your prayer to one of simple thanks that your daughter is in recovery and that she has the opportunity (maybe for a lifetime) to be on a medication that can help to save her life? Leave the entire issue of the duration of treatment to her and her doctor. Trust me, I'm currently struggling with the dilemma of feeling as though my recovery is a disappoitment to God and to those who care about me because, after more than 18 months, I'm still on Suboxone. I hate the pressure but can't get my brain to shut out what others expect of me and consider to be better recovery. Please, just pray to be willing to encourage whatever treatment modality is best for your daughter.

Quote:
As her Mom I think it it damn near as damaging for me as it has been for her and I say that to be taken with a grain of salt because it is so untrue!! It just feels that way to me to struggle with her.
As a mother, myself, I understand your pain. Your love for your daughter is very obvious.

Quote:
My question is this?? Should I just try to relax and let her stay on the sub longer this time and stop freaking out???
Yes.
Perhaps, that was all that I really needed to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, sadly the whole thing with sub did not work out but I am glad you responded and picked my thoughts out. I guess she just wasn't ready. Yes I was going to back out of it and let her stay on the sub for however long it took. But she choose the wrong road. I honestly could not tell you what she's doing. She says she is on the xanax. I don't believe that either. The way she dumped the sub and was spitting it out in rehab may have made it possible for her to not be in physical withdraw. But no, sadly, I don't buy it either. I think she is using but I haven't got to see her. She has high tailed it back to the ghetto. I am fighting my codependent damn urges and just letting the chips fall where they may. As long and as hard as it is, I know I can't do this for her. I do OK and can kind of deal a little better when she is gone....it's when she comes home and I see her all tracked up and sick. that is when I come unhinged. And I don't know why the sudden change from yeah this is working for me to instant relapse. That she denies.....bottom line...she isn't yet ready. So i have shifted gears and am trying to just help myself and me and my younger girl are chilling and spending time, something even she enjoys!! lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:05 am 
Maybe methadone would be a better option for your daughter? Im sorry to say but if something doesnt change soon for me I feel that I will be in the same shoes as your daughter because for me it just isnt working out anymore. I cant afford to dose higher than 4mgs a day (was prescribed 16mgs) and if Im not accepted to the patient assistance program which helps you out with your meds I will most likely end up using again. Methadone is my last chance and if I somehow get lucky and get hired at any of the places I applied to I will be able to afford the 75$ weekly fee for methadone and the clinic and be on an adequate dosage that is high enough for my needs. If one of those two things doesnt happen Im just about to give up, it is so hard to stay clean and Im sick of fighting it and feel that living my life miserable fighting an addiction every minute of the day is worse than using again despite some of the consequences that come with it. The only reason I am saying all of this is so you can see that in reality your daughter probably wants to be clean (just like I do) but it is so damn hard and unbearable at times that you just give in and stop fighting the urge. Maybe bring up methadone maintenance with her next time she comes home, it can save a life just like suboxone and in my opinion helps keep someone with a strong addiction history and chronic relapses from using and addresses cravings better since it actualy feels like a real opiate. People here may not like what I said in that last sentence but in my opinion there are worse things in this world than someone feeling a little "buzz" if its going to save their lives and that buzz doesnt even last very long, as soon as you are stabilized on methadone you dont feel high anymore but it is hitting all of those opiate receptors that are at full capacity and helps more with mental cravings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Mom, I'm sorry how this is not working out for your daughter right now. I'm glad to hear that you are going to try to look into getting support and getting help for YOU.

SuboxOWNED has said some pretty hard-to-hear things. But, I understand how he feels. I've felt very much like him before I was stabilized at 16mg. I am so grateful that I haven't had the day after day after day obsession and craving for quite some time. It can make you want to put a gun to your head. Methadone is a much better option in my book (to blowing your brains out, I mean, not a better option than Suboxone, though for some Methadone does sate cravings better).

Please do whatever you can to take care of yourself and your family. Keep praying for your addict daughter and let her know that you will support her in any recovery program. It's a horrible disease that we have that can rip out the hearts of our mothers (I thank God that mine didn't live to see my opiate addiction).

You are in my prayers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

YEAH I HEAR YOU ON THAT SUBOXOWNED. SHE HAS EXPRESSED THOSE SAME FEELINGS TO ME THAT SHE WOULD JUST AS SOON SHOOT HERSELF AS RIDE THE ROLLERCOASTER OF CRAVING AND ALL THIS SHIT. IT IS VERY HARD FOR HER. SHE HAS A METHADONE APPT. IN REB ACTUALLY AND SHE BROUGHT IT UP AND I AM NOT AGAINST IT TOTALLY IF IT IS A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I HAVE SOME PEOPLE TELL ME THEY WENT FROM METHADONE TO SUB AND FROM SUB TO METHADONE. I GUESS WHATEVER WORKS FOR AN INDIVIDUAL. I AM REALLY REALLY SORRY THAT IT ISNT WORKING OUT FOR YOU BUT I SURE HOPE IT GETS BETTER. I TELL YOU IT REALLY SUCKS THAT A PERSON CANT AFFORD THIS STUFF BECAUSE IT SAVES LIVES.
SPEAKING OF ROLLERCOASTERS THIS GIRL WHO I JUST KNEW WAS NOT READY, NOW LAST NIGHT SHE CALLS ME AND IS READY TO GET BACK ON THE SUB!!! THANK GOD, BUR SERIOUSLY SHE IS DRIVING ME NUTS!! ANYWAY SHE EVEN TOOK IT UPON HERSELF WITHOUT MY HELP OR KNOWLEDGE AND WENT BACK TO HER SUB DOC TODAY. I AM WAITING FOR HER NOW TO GET HOME. SHE ALSO TOLD ME THAT SHE WILL LET ME DOLE IT OUT AND CONTROL IT SO SHE DONT SELL IT AGAIN. SO THAT IS ALL GOOD NEWS. WHAT A TOPSY TURVY ROAD OF HELL SHE TRAVELS. THE DOWN SIDE IS HER FREAKIN MEDICAID WONT PAY FOR IT AND 60 PILLS IS COSTING ME ALMOST 600 BUCKS. I WILL PAY IT SOMEHOW AND I TOLD HER FOR DAMN STRAIGHT I AM CONTROLLING THIS THAT IS ALOT OF MONEY TO ME I AM GONNA HAVE TO BORROW IT, AND IF SHE WAS TO SELL IT ON THE STREET AFTER I PAID "AGAIN" FOR THE SUB WE WAS GONNA HAVE SOME REAL ISSUES...HEAPED ON TOP OF OUR REAL ISSUES...SO ANYWAY. I GUESS UNLESS SHE HAS CHANGED HER OTHER MIND AGAIN IN THE LAST HOUR SHE IS BACK ON SUB!!!!! MAYBE IF SHE STICKS WITH IT SHE WILL RULE OUT THE METHADONE. THIS IS A MINUTE BY MINUTE OPERATION I GOT GOING ON HERE WITH HER, NOT EVEN DAY BY DAY BUT I AM ENCOURAGED !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:20 pm 
Good Im glad she changed her mind, I can only imagine how hard all of this is on you. If you are worried about her taking the sub and selling it just tell her you want her to put it under her tongue in front of you. Once its been under her tonuge for even 30 seconds it will not be able to be sold anymore, its not like other meds that people "cheek" and then spit out when the person isnt looking it will start to break down pretty fast. I realy hope everything works out for her because I know exactly how she feels and its a terrible way to live. I have around 130 days clean of everything except suboxone and I am still struggling daily, I see my suboxone doctor tomorrow and Im going to bring in a printout about generic subutex and how much more affordable it will be and present it to him after I tell him how much Im struggling and craving and that taking 4mgs daily doesnt feel like its helping me at all, it feels as if Im not even taking suboxone and relapse is only a matter of time. Hopefully this time he will understand and not shoot down my request for the generic but Im positive that hes gonna say no I just have wishful thinking. I could get 30 8mg tablets a month of the generic for around 70$ with my walgreens discount plan and then at least be close to the dose Im supposed to be on but he just wont let me take the generic but yet acts as if "he's concerned and worried because Im on to low of suboxone" im sorry but its like bullshit he cares because if he did he would have no problem letting me take the generic. Ive passed all my drug tests in the 7 months Ive seen him, I have never IV'd a drug so the naloxone not being in it is not an issue, and I even offered so he would feel reassured that I wasnt diverting my pills or over using them to let him call my cellphone anytime he wants and I will drop what Im doing and come in for random pill counts whenever he wants and that still wasnt enough for him to prescribe it. He's willing to hand me seroquel like candy because I cant sleep which is a more dangerous drug than suboxone/subutex by far but cant put me on the same damn drug minus the naloxone (which has no effect) to save me hundreds of dollars and let me treat my cravings and keep me from relapse. I just dont understand some doctors, it just seems like they dont give 2 shits about their patients well being and just want to get them in and rush to get em out the door so they can get in the next patient. Any concern of mine that I bring up about how Im feeling and anxiety, insomnia, RLS all I get is "u need more suboxone" but he knows I cant afford it and also knows all this could be avoided by letting me use the generic. Sorry for the rant Im just having a bad day and already Im getting worked up and angry about my appointment tomorrow because I know its gonna be the same redundant stupid appointment where I have no reason to even go in except to get a script and pay him 86$ for a 5 minute appt. you'd think paying around 20$ a minute you could actualy get a doctor to answer a few of your questions and concerns but nope I just get blown off and ignored.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next