It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, I tapered a bit yesterday from 1mg. Didn't sleep much, had my headache and neck pain, but I got through it. This morning I was shaking and restless, but I took .5 mg and I feel good. The hardest part for me will be tonight, just got to power through it and just get this done with! No more going back and forth. Wish me luck! Or willpower more like it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey danyell,

im glad you have a good attitude about your taper, i think thats really important.

Just thought id mention that if your having a tough time you can always go a bit slower. You went from taking 1mg to taking .5mg....thats a 50 percent reduction! You may or may not have a tough time with such a big drop. I think its helpful to look at suboxone in terms of MICROGRAMS instead of MILLIGRAMS...1 milligram equals 1000 micrograms. So you droped from taking 1000 micrograms to taking 500 micrograms. SOME people finde it easier to make smaller drops and stabilize for a couple weeks on each new lowered dose. You may want to try reducing by only 10-20 percent each drop...you could try taking .8mg which would equal 800 mcgs...stabilize and then go to .6 then .5 ect ect. Theres alot of sucess stories on here where other people did just that and weaned down to 50 or so micrograms or .05 milligrams. Hope that helps to make it a bit easier for you. Dont be afraid to take a tiny sliver if you get to feeling too bad tonight. IMO with tapering its important to not push yourself too much, take your time and listen to your body.

I alwo think it would be important for you to find a medication that helps with your migrains or headaches...i believe there are some pretty effective non-narcotic ones out there. Do you ise anything right now to treat your depression? That may also be important.

Well anyway, keep us updated on your progress..and we will be here for you. I hope everything goes well for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you so much! I'm feeling nauseous and a bit restless, but just walked and not feeling too bad. I do take antidepressants. The migraines are more from my grinding which got me here in the first place. I will probably take a little more tonight, but I just don't even know how much I'm really taking. This whole time I've never taken the 2 mg dose, so I've always been low dose. Going to call in my klonipin to help with my grinding. Just continuously telling myself this is for my family and me. I think that my dose has been so up and down that I'm almost always wd because I don't feel much different than everyday. Please keep up the positive comments, it helps so much!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey again danyell

im glad you felt better after your walk! Opiates closley resemble the endorphins our brain makes..and after using opiates for an extended period our brain stops making its own, so i think its really important to do things that release endorphins while were tapering...so when we finally make the jump and stop using them all together it helps to kinda "retrain" our brain to make them on its own. Endorphins are kinda like a 'drug' that is naturally produced in our bodies, and can make us feel really good to release them!

Ive read a story on here of someone doing a liwuid taper with the suboxone films, ill try to find it and give you the title later cuz i dont really know how to post links from my phone...or maybe a mod or someone could post it for me. So you use the 2mg films? You just gotta figure out the math to do it...which can be tricky. Lets see if you took 2 of the 2mg films... so 4mg of sub, and dissolved them with 5ml of water each ml of the soloution would equal .8mg of the sub. You would need to keep the soloution in a small container like an empty pill bottle and store it in your fridge. You would also need to get an oral syringe (the kind used to give infants medication) that measures in mls. When tapering its important to have accuracy in your dose, and i think the liquid method is a great way to do that. If you decide to go that route im sure others would be willing to hwlp you or give you some pointers or advice..im happy to help you figure out the math as well if you need.

Have you ever tried sleeping woth one of those mouth gaurds in? Maybe that could help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That thread where the guy did the liquid taper usong the films is called "final taper thread...the process" and the author is southjaxbeach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Danyell,

I just posted on your other thread and I was going to ask if you started your taper, but I didn't wanna "push" you, so I didn't ask. Then I came across this thread and see you started tapering!!

BD already gave you some good advice about staying active and getting your body to pump out those endorphins. Keeping your mind busy during this process helps a lot too.

Got any music you like listening to? Put one of your favorite CD's in and BLAST that sucker. Music seems to help a lot of us through.

Hot showers feel sensational too!! I think being warm releases endorphins? Not sure about that one, but being in a hot shower when in wd feels so nice.

Here's a link to one of my favorite motivational speeches. It's only 2 minutes and 21 seconds long, but it has some real words of wisdom in it. Not everything this guy says will apply to you, but I'm pretty sure some things he says will resonate with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L1stBkpWBc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:04 am 

Thanks for keeping us updated, Dany! We're right here with you chicky!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:36 pm 

Dany, please copy and paste your progress from the Day 2 thread that I locked. It just keeps everyone knowing one place to look to follow your taper.

Amy

Post subject: Day 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yesterday turned out to be one of the best days I've had in awhile. Right now the biggest thing has been the jitters and anxiety, but other than that I feel good. Last night was tough, I'm still hurting and had a horrible headache, but I got up, did lots of Stretches and fell asleep. I'm also waking up earlier and feel anxious, but finally awake and not groggy. I like this more than the feelings before. Thank you for your support guys! It does make a difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:33 pm 

I can't remember if you said whether or not your doctor will prescribe you clonidine. It's supposed to help quite a bit with sleeplessness, RLS, the sweats, etc. Keep on pushing through!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This whole experience has been such an eye-opener to me. It's really shown me how people who don't realize it can end up in this cycle. I did start my pain meds for the pain, which saved my life after going into a deep depression over chronic pain...but now I'm taking this as more of a lesson to me. It does suck to be in pain, and I don't deny people who are in pain, but until every avenue is crossed, pain meds should be used in extreme cases and not as crutch. I just thought the whole problem was gone, but I masked the pain instead of changing my life and habits to help myself. I'm using this lesson to help my daughter when she gets older, to let her see that I've been through it, I did it, and anything can be done. And that despite all of this, I still have my pain, but I've got to find another way.

Post subject: Day 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Feeling really good. I'm a little emotional today, but that could be other things going on. Tired, but pushing through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:47 pm 

I've read of people experiencing fluctuating emotions during the detox process and that it's very common. But you're right that it's not necessarily from opiates leaving your system. When we are used to numbing our emotions by whatever means, it's hard not to feel overwhelmed by them when we stop. I'm glad you're feeling pretty good! Good news!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

that emotion thing is crazy though right? I consider myself to be a tough man and well let me tell you what lol over the past ten days i have cried watching the news, cried hearing someone elses story, cried to a certain song wow seeing it on the screen makes me feel like crybaby. its weird now that i think about it but i think its a common thing when feeling the effects of w/d...
stay positive as you give me hope when i read your posts
keep pushing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL...That's so funny. I'm the same way.

Except I go from all weepy to being mad in about 2.3 seconds. Then I'm fine again. But the crying really pisses me off. It never fails it will be during a movie or some stupid something while my husband is sitting right next to me. I'm trying to hide it and then he gives me "the look". You know, the "OMG, you big titty baby" look. In fact, the look is usually combined with some type of caveman, tough guy comment. Then I want to punch him in the nose, and that makes him laugh too. Uggghhh...I can't win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, I figured out why I'm moody. Mother Nature made her visit for the month...what a b****! Super tired, bloated, and pissed. When I realized how much of my strip I had left I kind of panicked. Guess I'm jumping on Saturday! I really don't think it will be so tough, but we will see! Off to take my daughter swimming, slept very well and have to get out of the house!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:33 pm 

Riding the cotton pony to Aunt Flo's house, huh? No fun!!! Keep your chin up, though, and you'll get through! :)

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nice! Haven't heard that one before. Hurting really bad and feeling like I'm about to just fall back again. But I don't have anything to fall to, just going to chill today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have figured out that the worst times for me with my taper are the days I'm not feeling good for one reason or another. It's so easy to make yourself believe that you are having WD pain when you feel bad. Any little thing gets built up into something worse than it really is when you dwell on it long enough. Hang in there chicky!

Q

Post subject: Tough
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is going to be tougher than I thought for me. I have been kind of forced to jump due to lack of subs, even though I have not taken much for very long, my body and mind are very sensitive. I was at a benefit and could not stop bouncing my legs, I'm jittery, and the worst part, feeling the uncomfortable feeling that comes with withdrawals. I hope I can get through this.