It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Danyell,

I'm sorry you are going through all this. It's a tough road, but you are a good ways into it now. I'm sure you will start feeling better soon. I was thinking about your upcoming move. It sounds like something to look forward to! You are going to be well on the path to feeling good by then and you can look at it as a fresh start. Be thankful for a compassionate husband who lets you hold on to him and comfort you through this...it makes a big difference!

Don't discount how far you've come. You are doing great!

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 6...still having the stomach issues, but all in all just another day. Anxiety is my enemy right now, but I'm used to it by now. Hubby is off to Dallas for 2 weeks so I'm pretty bummed. But I've got my mom, brother, mother in law, neighbor, all here to help. Hope this is the bottom and now I'm on my way up and up!! Hardest part? A 4 year old who needs me 24/7...but this all for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey danyell

im glad to see all the progress your making, and im sure your gonna turn a corner real soon. Im also very glad you have so many people around to help and support you!! It sounds to me like you daughter has a very loving and caring mamma!!

Have you tried immodium for the stomach upset? It CAN help.

keep on keeping on danyell, your doing great!!! :-)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Got some tough news today. Husband may have a spinal compression and needs MRI. Hoping for the best but the waves keep coming down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 7 was a good day. Had a day with my mom getting pampered. My daughter went to my in-laws for a couple days. We thought I may need to go up to Dallas (live in Austin) if my husband needed immediate surgery. Thankfully it's not too dire right now. He's got 4 bulging discs and and a herniated disk though so we may be looking at surgery soon :( I'm going to see my Pdoc tomorrow about clonidine, I hate the RLS and it seems like it't going to be the one hanging around for while. Mowed the yard, cleaned house, took my 66 chevy truck out for a spin with my music blaring. Tomorrow is day 8 and I didn't think I would ever see it through! Hope all is well with everyone.

D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ooooh, 66 Chevy Truck huh? A fellow old car girl on our own little forum! Sweet!

I really like the older stuff, but for me the late 60's and early 70's muscle cars are the best. I'm married to a bodyman, go figure. He loves restoring old cars. We used to have a 67 GTX that I drove around town alot. It was really funny when guys would pull up beside me at a red light and rev their engines up trying to show out, then I would smoke their ass. Poor little boys.... :D

It sounds like you had a much better day yesterday. I hear ya on the RLS...it sucks, and it is relentless. Let me know if the clonodine helps with that k?

Here's to an even better day today!

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Q- I was lucky to be raised with a dad mechanic who had all kinds of roadsters. He's working on a '39 ford coupe now. We have a '65 c10 getting bodywork now, but we got a fully restored one for half the worth so we snatched it up. It's a blast !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG, 39 coupe! My hubby would be salivating if he was reading this!

He is way more into the old roadster's and as I said, I like the muscle cars. He's been out of the business for about 8 years and is working on getting a new shop started in the next month or so. He's always wanted his own shop, and it looks like it's finally going to happen. I can't wait to find my new car and see it go through all the stages from beautiful potential to shiny new horsepower!

It's cool to have something to take your mind of that crappy feeling huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So I'm on day 8 yay!! But I'm dreading the night time. How long do you think RLS will stick around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:58 am 

Dany, I have a concern that I want to bring up. If your husband is that close to needing surgery for his back, I'm sure they gave him a script for the pain. If he has surgery he will get more pain meds. How do you plan to safeguard your sobriety with narcotics in the house. Does he have a safe with a key that only he has access to?

I'm very sorry that he is having so much trouble, but I don't want to see you slipping up because you didn't have a game plan with your husband's medication. I hope I haven't offended you by anticipating that this might be a problem.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No offense taken. You wouldn't be a good moderator if you didn't voice concern :) when my dr started me on pain meds, I was in major TMJ, migraine, headaches everyday pain. I didn't like the meds so I switched to subs. They helped, but I wasn't myself and I've decided to pursue more holistic ways to nip this in the bud. I quit my job from the stress, go to therapy, and take my antidepressants. I've never been the type to seek them out. I don't like the feeling, I don't enjoy the side-effects, and I don't like feeling hazy. I'm not concerned about my husbands meds, because I've learned my body and mind just doesn't do well with them. I tried it, it didn't work, now I'm moving on to new processes. I do not ever want to do wds again. I can't handle it!! I need to be there for my husband and daughter. I learned my lesson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 13...feeling good. The biggest thing for me has been the depression and anxiety. Just going to take awhile I guess.