It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ok, so maybe not but shit im stressing big time here.

so last month my doc said that we'd start seeing each other once a month. fine. well i thought that day was next thursday however it was TODAY! i realized that about 8 hours after the clinic closed. FUCK ME RUNNING

i just found out some real shitty news yesterday, my grandma is pretty much on her way out and top that onto some other stressful stuff, my mind was a blank today. i went in to leave a sample and get my subs for the day but didnt know i was suppose to see my doc.

anyways, so as it stands right now i have no prescription for tommorow. sigh. im going to go in tomorrow and explain my situation and seeing that my doc (who is only there on tuesdays and thursdays) and the staff are awesome and like me a lot, i think we may be able to find a solution. whether i go to my doc's other practice or maybe she'll fax a prescription over, or maybe she'll just say extend my last prescription until next week till i can see her again. im sure theres a fix to this

ive never cheated, never missed any appt before so i think i might be ok. im just afraid of losing my carries over this although i think that happens more to those who piss dirty.

anyways, this is just me venting because im stressed to the max right now. i cant believe i did this

DAMNIT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That definitely sucks. One of the only times I have to worry about the fact I am dependent on something is when some fluke thing happens like this and when it does....it is a crappy reminder. I am sure she will work something out if she is pretty cool about things.

My last doctor was a turd and he would prescribe a few extra for "just in case" measure. I would put them away and then when he did his next pill count and there weren't extra, he would just script the normal amount again which is fine. On occasion when he sripted a couple extra (when I say extra I mean like 2 extra) I might not put them away and so they would be there when he did the next count. Well then he would prescribe me under the amount I was supposed to be getting. So I was just like WTF? Do you want me to have extras or not have extras? Then, he said to do script for every 6 weeks instead of 4 after clear with insurance. I did and he was to call in the extra 2 weeks on the first round of it. Then he delayed my pick up of the script claiming that he had scripted extra on the last on anyways when he DIDN'T. I had to argue with the pharmacist and his receptionist to get it fixed. Super :oops: I knew even after getting it fixed that it would leave a bad impression on him because he has a very bad habit of remembering HIS mistakes as YOUR mistakes. He was such a moody ass. I never had a dirty UA...hence the 6 week cycle and not 4. But I only did the 6 week cycle the once and told him..."it is way too much of a pain in the ass to do this so let's just go back to the 4 week schedule so I don't have to go through this every time". His response was that it is WAY more difficult for HIM than it is for ME. (NOT if you actually kept a chart note and then READ them before making false accusations, yelling at people, and then claiming victim over it :roll: )!

I diverted. I hope your doctor is not an ass like mine was, that you get your script without being yelled at or accused of anything since you CLEARLY don't deserve it, and that you can go on with life as normal starting tomorrow. Let us know how this thing works out.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:10 am 
I was just thinking.....If that had been an appointment back in your active addiction and you were to go in for your script for oxy or whatever, you would NOT have missed that appointment for anything!! Right?! I know I wouldn't have!
To me, in a way, this just shows how far you've come. You've become stable enough that you no longer have to obsess about pills to the point that you forgot a doctor's appointment!! Yeah, in a way, it's great!!
But I understand your concern totally. Since you've done so well, no 'dirty' urines and no prior missed appointments, surely your doctor will forgive this lapse and get your script taken care of for you. We're only human. You've had a lot going on and you simply got your weeks mixed up. Explain that to the doctor and hopefully everything will be just fine.
Let us know.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks for the replies guys!

so all is well, i was worrying for nothing. as soon as i came into the office and walked up to the counter this amazing lady just smiled at me and said "did you forget something?" i told her what had happened and she said that my doctor figured you had forgotten since i had never missed an appt before. so my amazing doc wrote out a prescription yesterday for me for a week and i see her next thursday and get everything back on track. no lost carries, no one looked down on me. we're all human and the people at the clinic understand that greatly.

whew...such a relief.

Post subject: Good for you!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:10 pm 
Hey, I'm glad that your situation worked out. I know it feels horrible to not really know what's going on with your doctor and the source of your Sub! And I definately understand obnoxious doctors. In fact, I went to a new GP for a physical this morning, and I am still kind of in shock at what happened. (This is NOT my Sub doc, thank God). I was waiting in the little room, and then the doc came in. He acted very friendly, and started asking me about my health history. Well, at some point he became aware that I am gay. Well, all of a sudden it was like he was ready to jump out of his own skin! Talk about a total change in demeanor. He started ranting about how he was supposed to be objective but he just couldn't be, that he and his wife were conservative Christians, and then he told me the appointment was over and handed me the little paper to take to checkout in front. I was so much in shock that I could barely even respond at that point. I mean, this is 2010, right? And this doc was about 50, so I'm sure he has patients all over the sexual orientation spectrum, whether he knows it or not. Plus, his practice billed Medicare for the physical, which I'm not sure is legal. I'm just so thankful that this isn't my Sub doc, but it easily could have been. It just lets you know how many barriers there can be to treatment, and even receiving basic health services for some.

I did get upset for a little while, BUT I used a mindfulness meditation to calm down when I got home, and now I'm all good. Actually, I feel sorry for the man and people like him. People like that have deep-seated insecurities and view the world through a blanket of fear. But, as I've realized during my recovery, I cannot change other people. I can only change me and how I behave. And having that knowledge is very empowering.
james

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm really sorry to hear about your GP Subsupporter. The one thing that comforts me is knowing that every day there are fewer of the older more conservative racists/sexist/homophobics still living. I've only known what it's like to be discriminated against because of the fact I'm an opiate addict and it really hurts I can't imagine what it's like for someone to treat you like crap just because of sexual orientation. Maybe I'm really naive for hoping this but I really look forward to the day that no one feels it's their right to judge/discriminate against others who are the way they are through no choice of their own. For goodness sakes it's not even logical to think that someone would choose to be different and face discrimination for their entire lives. Hope you can find a better GP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Score one for mindfulness meditation! That's so great that you were able to calm yourself down using those skills. I have found meditation to be one of the most useful life skills I ever developed - and I've been reading some articles lately that say scientists are finding evidence that meditation can help heal or change our brain function.

Do you think you will write a letter or make some kind of formal complaint about the GP why did your physical today? His behavior was totally unprofessional. I always like to go on websites like Yelp.com or whatever and rate my doctors & dentists. That way other people can know what they're getting in to.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Matt2 wrote:
I'm really sorry to hear about your GP Subsupporter. The one thing that comforts me is knowing that every day there are fewer of the older more conservative racists/sexist/homophobics still living.

Thats comforting?? If you believe in karma then you could be in trouble. Yes it's wrong to discriminate and rude/wrong to treat someone different then the way you want to be treated. However, to take comfort in them becoming closer and closer to death each day is little disturbing. Regardless of how wrong these people could be... it isn't right to want them dead. Is it right for conservatives to be comforted when old liberals [who want tax money spent for abortion] get old and die??

The doc is a human being and has value to someone somewhere. Him and his cronies also have friends and love ones who care about them... Conservative Christians have rights too and are entitled to their own opinions... as long as they don't discriminate and don't break the law. We heard one side of the story which wasn't pretty but I don't see that anyone was harmed. Feelings hurt... yes.

This Dr's [and all other conservatives] taxes pay for the medicare which allowed this physical exam and other medical treatment for the disadvantaged. Without these peoples contributions... there would be no money for social programs like medicare, medicaid, SS and other govt funded entitlements. I'm sure we would all welcome this docs presence if we were in a life/death emergency situation... and no one else was available.

Right or wrong... this doc has 1st ammendment rights like everyone else. He was in his own office and place of business and if he can't say what he feels there, then we are in big trouble. I'm sorry the gay man was hurt and offended but such is the way of the world until we change it. This doc was probably raised, trained and educated to feel as he does which doesn't excuse him but allows explanation and consideration

Political activism, education, charity, information etc... are the ways to fight discrimination.

Anyway, I think the complaint route is a good idea... and if he did something illegal, call the police or appropriate regulating agency.

Post subject: hmmmm
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:29 pm 
Sounds like just another "conservative/homophobic/racist" to me. And I will be very happy when people like you die off. Oh yeah, I worked for years paying FICA taxes like everyone else, so please don't try to paint me as some leach living off of the system. And a doctor that refuses to treat someone based on something like skin color, ethnicity, or sexual orientation is absolutely wrong and unethical. You just don't have the moral backbone to admit it. Now go back to the little hermit hole you came out of.

Post subject: And
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:42 pm 
It would be acceptable to say that you would be happy for the last Nazis or Klu Klux Klan members to die off, wouldn't it? Why not homophobes and/or racists who try to hide their evil under the guise of human normality, only coming out of the woodwork when the coast is clear? I happen to know the other doctors in this practice would be shocked to know that this guy behaved this way. And they are going to know it, come Monday. This coward would have never have had the balls to treat me this way in front of any of his colleagues; rather, he had to come at me like a snake once the door shut behind him. Luckily there is less and less tolerance for people like these in this country these days.

Post subject: Re: hmmmm
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

SubSupporter wrote:
Sounds like just another "conservative/homophobic/racist" to me. And I will be very happy when people like you die off. Oh yeah, I worked for years paying FICA taxes like everyone else, so please don't try to paint me as some leach living off of the system. You probably listen to Glenn Beck, don't you? LOL.

Let me get this straight... people who don't agree with your views or lifestyle need to die?? On one hand homosexuals like yourself scream at the top of their lungs when a "hate crime" happens but on the other hand wish death on people with opposing viewpoints.

You are the one who said the doc billed medicare for your physical. So you are reaping the benefits of my taxes and are free to state your ideas as a result of my military service.

I don't mind paying my fair share for your medical benefits but resent that you want my fellow citizens to die off so your point of view will be the only one left. One thing you will eventually learn is the old cliche of "what goes around comes around" is true. You are on a slippery slope and no better than those you blame for your problems..

Post subject: Ok
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:53 pm 
Ok, I'm letting this go. I think everyone can see what's going on here. Just glad to be happy and free!
Best wishes,
j

Post subject: Re: And
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

SubSupporter wrote:
It would be acceptable to say that you would be happy for the last Nazis or Klu Klux Klan members to die off, wouldn't it? Why not homophobes and/or racists who try to hide their evil under the guise of human normality, only coming out of the woodwork when the coast is clear? I happen to know the other doctors in this practice would be shocked to know that this guy behaved this way. And they are going to know it, come Monday. This coward would have never have had the balls to treat me this way in front of any of his colleagues; rather, he had to come at me like a snake once the door shut behind him. Luckily there is less and less tolerance for people like these in this country these days.

My gosh how did this go from a dr stating his conservative christian postion in his own office... to nazism? If you actually read my post you would know I don't agree with his behavior but firmly believe he has the right to life and freedom of speech. That goes for the Klan too... if they are still in existance. Freedom to speak and choose is what got you the rights you have now and if suppressed will be your doom along with every other minority. Open debate is what facilitates CHANGE!

BTW... I know all about discrimination and have experienced it first hand... and as much as hate the perpetration, I refuse to hate the commiter.

Yes I'm glad to let it go too since it's obvious you have the same kind of prejudice that you condemn.... which is what allows small men to grow taller. Have a nice life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OK, it didn't even start out as a conservative christian doc stating his opinion. It started with a homophobic doctor who refused to do his job, showed his patient - a fellow human being - a great deal of disrespect, and possibly insurance fraud if he bills for a physical he didn't do.

Suboxfreedom do you realize you started out saying "i'm sorry the gay man was hurt and offended"? WTF - THE GAY MAN? He has a name, in fact he has two you could have chosen from (his screen name, SubSupporter or his real name, James). That in and of itself was disrespectful. Then you went a step further minimized the disrespect his physician showed towards him. You do see that, don't you?

I didn't want to have to say this, but I think the time has come...It is the opinion of myself (and others, but right now I'm speaking for myself) that you've been extremely confrontational, arrogant, even cocky. I've read your posts and kept quiet, but your treatment of James went too far. Relax, will you? And you say others are defensive? I think you have that backwards.

I'm not trying to be a bitch here, but someone had to say this, so it may as well be me. Just please try to show some respect and think before you hit submit.

**TO Thinkdon'tpray...I'm sorry your post was diverted/high-jacked. I apologize and I hope this doesn't taint your view of this forum.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: the truth
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:35 pm 
You know you're really low when you start harassing people because they are disabled and are using the healthcare available to disabled persons to go to the doctor. You, sir, did NOT in fact fight for my freedom because recent conflicts that America has been engaged in (Vietnam, Iraq, Afganistan) have little to do with defending anyone's freedom (at least in this country). It's an all-volunteer military, but there you are acting as if your service was such an unbelievable sacrifice on your behalf in order to benefit the rest of us. What utter nonsense! How shameful to put your military service out there as a reason to have everyone kiss your ass. I also served in the armed forces for this country, but neither I nor any of the guys I served with would ever use our service as a way to begrudge disabled and/or disadvantaged citizens their meager financial assistance.

You also said that the doctor had his right to freedom of speech. Well, what if I was black and he had said that because of his personal beliefs, he couldn't treat me because of my race? It's exactly the same thing. Should that be condoned as well? If so, shouldn't this doctor post something in a conspicuous place stating that he doesn't work with minorities such as gays, blacks, or whatever? That would save everyone a lot of time and money. I can see it now: A doctor's office with a sign above the door saying "Whites only." "Straights only." And BAM, we're back in the 1960's again. Also, the place for religious conjecture is church, not during a patient's appointment while the on the clock, and to bill Medicare or any other insurance for a physical that never happened is fraudulent.

You are right about one thing: I do not wish that the bigots of this world would die right now. That would be fighting hate with hate. However, I do not mourn when more prejudiced generations die off over time. I have a niece and nephew, both about 10 years old, and they have grown up with an absolute acceptance of gay people. Kids from this new generation will probably not even know what the "closet" even means, or meant, LOL. So, over time, homophobic, racist, xenophobic people will be increasingly marginalized in this society.

TO THE REST OF YOU:
As for all the outpouring of love and support, I am very, very thankful to all of you. And also thank you for the private messages, you know who you are! Between the Suboxone and the mindfulness excercises & meditations, my life has become so peaceful and full of family love and future possibilities. In exactly two weeks I will have 20 months without my drug of choice (painkillers) or any other illigal drug!!!!! If someone had told me 3 or 4 years ago that this was possible, I would have laughed my ass off and gone to get high. These days I count my many blessings each day and try to focus on the positive.
L8ter,
James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't know whether you are a man or a woman subsupporter but if you are a man I would have started hitting on the doc. you know just squeeze his bicep and sweetly say, "Oh now whens the last time you got YOUR yearly physical?" :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

man, this thread just got real son

snap

i think we all need to just take a deep breath and agree to disagree. i wont even get started on religion because as my name implies i think religion is indeed the opiate for the masses. but i digress

lets all just get on with our opiate free lives and respect those who share this journey

much love

kevin

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]