It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: damn ride to my doc.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Didnt know where to put this. I dont drive and am dependant on others for rides to see my doctor in MA and i live in West lebanon NH. I am freaking out cuz my ride cancelled on me for my next appt. It is on weds 1/22 at noon. This shit always stresses me outand i breathe such a sigh of releif when i leave the pharm bag in hand.

Post subject: Re: damn ride to my doc.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm sorry you haven't gotten any responses. Likely because your predicament is a tough one. The only possible thing I can think of, and this is a stretch, but if you have some kind of state sponsored insurance, maybe they can arrange free transportation for you to your medical appointments. Here in VA, if you have medicaid, and no transportation, you can call a toll free number ahead of time and arrange free transportation to and from doctor appointments. I know ours probably not much help, but it's all I could think of

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for your idea. I have private insurance through my employer. And due to the fact that we switched insurance, in nervous about how thatll work as well. Theres a bus that goes from my city to Boston but my appt is at noon, id have to take the 520am bus just to be able to catch all the right subway and commuter rails to get there. Its such a pain in thr ass. An expensive pain in the ass at that. I always breate such a sigh of releif when i leave the pharmacy sucessful

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sublover,

Sorry to hear about the ride issues. I'm sure it has to really get you down. I'm assuming it just too far/expensive to have the local taxi service take you?

Just a suggestion, and it may be a long shot, but what if you put up some kind of notice on the bulletin boards at grocery stores, local paper, and similar places that you need rides to doctor appts? You might find someone willing to help.

Maybe even put one up at the local high school. Those kids are ALWAYS in search of cash and someone may be able to get you there and back?

Maybe offer gas money and a little extra, or buy lunch, etc. Maybe you could get some kid to take you on a regular basis?

All I can think of right now other than Lizzie's suggestion, but I will keep thinking about it. Hope you find a ride soon. Good luck!

Karen xoxo