It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:46 pm 
I just want to say that after being told by 3 pharmacys that i went to that the sub strips are outta stock... I was getting frustrated. And you know what that situation felt like? Going to pick up my script for oxycodone 30's. AKA Blues.... What a weird feeling. I guess subs are the new DOC here in S Florida.

Anyways, i go to a CVS like 5 miles away and hand the prescription over for 45 sub-strips. The pharmacist looks up my info and said "you picked these up last month on the 17. So i can't fill this untill tommorow. OK, I went to my sub doc a day early because i work two jobs and have NO time to make my appt. tommorow. So he is cool and sees me early. He's understanding like that. But this pharmicist said sorry you can pick em up tommorow at 11am and that's the earliest she will do for me. And then asks if she wants me to hold on to my prescription untill then. I said, "Look I know that you can fill controlled substances 3 days early and it's ok." I told her that i've been prescribed narcotics for a few years now and know this to be fact. She told me unfortunaltly it is to early and she isn't going to help me. Fine... Ya nasty looking little cow. (diddn't say that) I took my script and said thanks, have a great day. (sarcastically of course)

So i call a local Walmart like 10 minutes away. Ask if they have em in stock. They said yeah. I show up there and drop off the script along with the patient assistance program card. (free subs!) and she tells me "They will be ready for pickup at 2.) So thats two hours from now.

How can a pharmacist pull that crap that it's to early when i got a new script and everything? Then i get it filled somewhere else just fine. I don't get it. Do you think i outta go back to that cvs on my way to work later and drop by just to thank her for being a decieteful tub of goo. When clearly another pharmacy took care of my needs no questions asked. Any insight into this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

CVS obviously had your history, it sounds like you went to that chain/ store the previous month. It's not uncommon for places like rite aid, CVS or Walgreens to be very strict with their dispensing rules. They usually don't refill early unless you have a good reason or long history with them. Even then, it's up to the pharmacist who is working at that time.

The reason you were filled at Walmart without any issues is because they have no idea when you last re-filled so it wasn't an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In my state they can see when you last filled a controlled substance even if it was from a different pharmacy. It sound like the pharmacist was just being a hardass because it was Suboxone. :twisted:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:48 pm 
Bingo. CVS had my info from previous times and sees that i fill this junk pretty much right around the same time. I hate that i had to do this. And one pharmacy before said "Sorry we are outta subs cause your particular doctor has flooded us with patients buying them all up" I just can't believe i felt worse about picking this up then i ever did when i went to fill oxy's, ativan, ambien, or any of the other controlled substances i've been prescribed lately. Eh.. Nature of the beast i suppose. And yeah, i'm happy to hear people are buying up all the subs. It is SO much better off this way then with the junk or oc's. Screw the ignorant pharmacists who think otherwise. Grab that script and look em dead in the eyes and take pride in cleaning up your life. I will never let these kinda monsters bring me down to that subhuman level. Subhuman....? Hahahaha... i need sleep... : - /

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:19 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

My local CVS gave me shit because my doctor printed Lunesta script on the wrong type of paper. The office had also closed by then so they couldn't call to verify and refused to fill it. Fuckers, you don't sleep for 8 days and tell me how desperate you are! Walmart also filled mine, no questions asked.

Fuck CVS lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:43 am 
Ohhhh gawd i hate CVS now. You would think they would be humble that i am bringing them business and buying such a expensive freakin drug or whatever. But I seriously hope that place falls apart. Whats up with the lunesta and sleeping? They woulden't fill it cause it was on the wrong paper?? Really? I tried lunesta first and it only worked a couple times throughout the week. I've been on ambien ever since.... Ya know what's sad. I'm prescribed by two different docs ambien, ativan, and suboxone.
Now if im not mistaken that can be a lethal cocktail. There is NO way i would put my body through that much hell everyday. I'd be sitting down and all the sudden look like i am trying to give myself a b.j. I don't take ambien or ativan anymore... And just kinda stock up on em cause i know the day is going to come when i wanna get off sub and i know a benzo is going to be a great soldier to have for that battle. How ya still holding up want to be free? I was impressed how you kicked the subsucker beast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sorry to hear about that, it is indeed ok per insurance companies as well as legally to get controlled substances without a Dr's OK three days early. It's possible to do it even earlier with a Dr's override. Some pharmacists are dickheads about Suboxone, though, as in any other part of the working world....That's why this section exists!

Did I read you right when you said that you still have Oxycodone RXs handy? You might want to burn that script or even possibly the prescribing bridge, whatever it is if your goal is to eventually be opioid free as 'just having them hanging around' or even having written RX's can be a major trigger for addicts especially addicts who one day plan to get off sub and live opioid free without it.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject: CVS Headache
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:44 pm 

Hi Will,

I wouldn't put the blame on CVS completely, it is the pharmacist that is giving you the hard time. My CVS fills mine 3 days early and sometimes even earlier depending on which one is working. Almost every pharmacy I've ever been to has at least one hard-ass there who goes by their own rules regardless of the fact that they will lose the customer by behaving that way. Or it's a new pharmacist who is afraid of the DEA. Just a guess.

And as far as having it in stock. Every month except one since I've been going to my local CVS they are always out of stock on my 2 mg ones. Most customers get the 8's I guess. So either I have just enough or I go a half a day w/o any until it's ready at 2 o'clock. No big deal to me because I know how it works. I love all the workers at my CVS store and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Also, my doctor prescribes me Ambien and Xanax along with my Suboxone. He trusts me to take them responsibly and given the fact that I'm not dead yet after almost two years says that I am doing okay with it. And no, I am not addicted to them and take breaks every month with no ill effects.

It is the people who are the hard-asses, not necessarily the store policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry to hear you're having problems with cvs.

I have had many problems with the cvs in my area. Losing scripts, not checking messages from doctor's, and not filling my scripts. It seems as though they'd like you to stay on painkillers. More from then. If all the addicts eyebrow on subs, eventually they'd be out of business. The rite aid in my are however is great! Very nice, no long lines like cvs and very fast! Love them! I had the same problem once when I was still on norcos, and Walmart filled mine as well. And yes, a certain pharmacist can be very unhelpful. Maybe trying other pharmacies would be a better option. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Around here if you fill anti biotics at one pharmacy and decide to go somewhere else the next month, THEY ALL KNOW IT. I hate that too, I think its ridiculous the information that this new KASPER crap has on us. I personally would have went back and informed her of how rude she was and that I was contacting the manager. If anything else, she made you feel like you were back in active addiction again searching for a place to get your fix. I hate that, my pharmacy doesnt make me feel like that and there are days when I can only afford one or two here and there, so I have to fill them that way. They are just as happy one day if I fill 30 than if I just fill 3. They have no right to talk down to ANYONE, I dont care if you are standing there with a needle hanging out of your arm and dirt falling in the floor. They have no right to act that way. I know you are supposed to be the bigger person but I hate when someone is condescending and acts like they are so much better than someone else just because they know what medication they have been on.
It upsets me to say the least, if you couldnt tell LOL.
I hope that you do go back and speak with the manager, if that gets nothing done call Corporate. Ask them for the phone number and watch how they react. I did this at Kroger Pharmacy one month when i went into get my Tramadol's refilled because the prescription clearly stated 1 refill. When I get there, they said that the script number 1 wasnt completely circled, and so they couldnt fill it. I said will you let me see this prescription? They answered,No. I went to looking around and leaning over the counter and they said is there something we can find for you? I said. Yes a corporate contact number. I know that script clearly stated 1 refill, my doctor can give you that information and whirled around and headed to my doctors office full force. Came back with a copy of the script that had a 1 circled for a refill and showed it to them.
They said well this is a different script, it was a big white sheet of paper that was a clear copy of the old script. They filled it even though it was the same script. Im not sure if me going to the doctor and getting a copy or asking for a corporate number did the trick, but I dont back down. I wasnt even hooked on Tramadol's at this time, I had surgery and those helped me to sleep. My doctor had me on Lortab and Tramadol's after having a pilonidal cyst removed. Painful surgery, if yall dont know what a pilonidal cyst is look it up but dont watch videos, it can get kinda gross and nasty.
I was terribly upset when they acted like a bunch of stuck up, holier than thou beings because they held the power so to speak. I told them you were about [--] this close to having me drop my drawers and reveal my surgery stitches and wounds, because I was just upset and sometimes my brain speaks before my mouth has a chance to catch up and shut it up LOL.
My mother in law did that at one of her pharmacies, boy she had some horror stories to tell about The Medicine Shoppe in Danville,Ky which has closed down now.
Pharmacies some that is, think that because they know your history think they can treat you however they want because they know you are there for your medicine. I have never had this problem at my local pharmacy. These people when you walk in, pat you on the back ask how your mom is doing or how is the kids? Things like this, makes it the ONLY place that I like to go pick up my medicine.
Sometimes they might cost a bit more, but its three miles from home and they will try their best to give you the cheapest price that they can. My mother had a anti biotic filled Thursday and it was 55 bucks, she asked Howard (head pharmacist) if there was anyway that it could be cheaper and he came out and said well we pay 46 for it ourselves. She looked at him and said no that 9 dollars is worth it to me to be able to just get it filled down here and not have to fool with a big pharmacy.
Try to hold the upper hand when it comes to things like this, I tend to back down sometimes but then I think they wouldnt and dont back down from me so I straighten my back up and look them right in the face.
Hope I help, hope I dont see you on the news....Local women goes insane when prescription was failed to be filled LOL....Just Kidding. Have a good day hun!!!