It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Saw this earlier...this affects me since this is my provider of RX coverage insurance.

http://mobile.businessweek.com/news/201 ... ndon-mover

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:57 am 

This affects me too! I guess I'll have to get used to the pill after only being on films.

I would be surprised if other insurance companies don't follow suit. The pills are definitely more cost effective.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I can let my doctor know and he can warn others on the same plan.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

They actually were discussing in the article that it looked like...or that it was a possibility that this would cause a "domino" effect, so to speak...with other companies following suit. They said that Reckitt doesn't have a binding contractual agreement with CVS Caremark (WHY!!!????!?!)...but yeah, I already know which generic I want to try first...and in September when I have my doctor's appointment, I'm going to ask for 75 Suboxone films, and 15 Zubsolv pills (the menthol taste with faster dissolve times)....
If they don't seem too good, then the next month, I'll ask for the Actavis form of Suboxone, I think it's the one with the half-moon on one side. I read it's pretty quick on dissolve time and works pretty well....
But in January, I want yet another form to try, when the (BDSI) - BEMA Buprenorphine..this one sticks to the inside of your cheek (and ironically, is the one that Addiction Survivors had a survey about back around June 13 which I contributed to)...

I hope to find that the BDSI form works the best and I can convert to it..if not, I think the Zubsolv will be the one I stick with...if it has the same results as the film...

I've been on the film since nearly it's inception...so going back to pill form is going to be difficult, especially when I have a routine about how I take the film....and the ease in cutting it up into smaller pieces..but such is life I guess.

I wish Caremark's staff would talk to the people before claiming they aren't going to cover something like this due to "utilization"....I utilize it, and I don't appreciate being thrown under the wagon by my insurance company just because some professional on a board somewhere thinks it's not within their pocketbook's range...Southern Company has a great policy and the company pays a chunk towards benefit premiums..so they are definitely getting their money's worth. I have 4 kids on our policy that might use RX once a year...and aside from routine dr visits..the kids don't have any medical bills. I'm actually the only person on my insurance that really uses the RX coverage monthly. Wife uses the med part for her "woman" stuff...but no RX. But I'm sure not paying full price just because I want the film. Maybe a luxury buy, I'll buy a couple each month to put up...I've already started putting a few back as of this month so that come January, I'll still have 30-45 films that I can put away in a cool, dry place and keep a couple years (maybe shelf life won't kill them)....

Has anyone put the films up for extended periods of time and had good luck with that?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: CVS Caremark
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:03 pm 

I couldn't get the link to open but I get the jest of it from your post. Can't you just go to a different pharmacy, or are you only allowed to use Caremark? My insurance is Blue Cross/Blue Shield so I don't think this will affect me. If it does, well, like you Jonathamn, I'll find a decent substitute.

The films are in a very tight wrapper so I doubt they'd lose strength very quickly. You can always go by the exp date but we all know that is wrong. I've taken a 10 yr old Vicodin and it worked just fine. The film hasn't been out long enough to know.

Post subject: study from nov 2012
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

New study by Orexo emphasizes importance of Zubsolv™ product characteristics in direct comparison to Suboxone® Film

Orexo AB (Orexo) today announced the successful completion of an acceptability study comparing Zubsolv (OX219) to Suboxone Film, which is the leading product for treatment of opioid dependence. The study shows that 9 out of 10 participants would choose Zubsolv over Suboxone Film for a daily treatment.

Zubsolv is a new sublingual tablet formulation of buprenorphine and naloxone for treatment of opioid dependence. The product is based on elements of Orexo’s proprietary sublingual platform technology, which comprises enhanced trans-mucosal absorption of active pharmaceutical ingredients, mucosal micro-particle adhesion, as well as taste masking, formulated in a rapidly disintegrating sublingual tablet. These features are important attributes for pharmaceuticals administered sublingually. Improvement in taste and dissolve time has previously been associated with an enhanced treatment adherence in opioid dependent patients(1).

A previous preference study, which compared Zubsolv to the Suboxone Tablet, demonstrated that 8 out of 1o participants preferred Zubsolv. The current study was undertaken to assess the acceptability of Zubsolv in comparison to the Suboxone Film. The study was a cross-over trial in which 28 participants were given either Zubsolv or Suboxone Film in random order on separate study days. Key results indicate that Zubsolv was preferred by more than 8 out of 10 of the participants on all acceptance parameters tested, i.e. overall acceptability, taste masking, after taste experience, mouth-feel, and ease of administration. The study also confirmed a fast dissolve time for Zubsolv. When asked specifically about which product the participants would choose for a daily treatment, 9 out of 10 participants reported they would select Zubsolv.

Zubsolv has been submitted and has been accepted for review by the FDA, with approval projected for July 2013 and the US launch being planned for September 2013.

"The positive results in this study are very encouraging, and confirm that Zubsolv is well positioned to take a substantial share of the growing USD 1.5 billion market for treatment of opioid dependence. I am confident that the higher acceptability of Zubsolv will translate into an improved treatment adherence, and that it will aid in attracting a higher proportion of the five million patients currently suffering from opioid dependence into treatment. ” said Anders Lundström, President and CEO of Orexo.

On the basis of the results from this study, a comprehensive clinical program designed to fully explore and document the therapeutic potential of Zubsolv is being initiated. The first wave of studies will cover treatment initiation, treatment adherence and patient experiences during treatment of opioid dependent people with Zubsolv, and will help further differentiate Zubsolv from its competitors.

Post subject: Re: CVS Caremark
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
I couldn't get the link to open but I get the jest of it from your post. Can't you just go to a different pharmacy, or are you only allowed to use Caremark? My insurance is Blue Cross/Blue Shield so I don't think this will affect me. If it does, well, like you Jonathamn, I'll find a decent substitute.

The films are in a very tight wrapper so I doubt they'd lose strength very quickly. You can always go by the exp date but we all know that is wrong. I've taken a 10 yr old Vicodin and it worked just fine. The film hasn't been out long enough to know.

Yeah, I was confused about CVS Caremark when my wife first went to work for Alabama Power...I was like..what if I don't wanna go to CVS for all my pharmacy stuff (I was already on Suboxone and getting it pretty cheap at Fred's...)...
But, I quickly found out that CVS Caremark ...though it's branded with the CVS name...doesn't require that you use a CVS pharmacy for everything. As long as the pharmacy is in the network, then you can use it as you please...all across the country.

The post about zubsolv is the exact reason I wanna try it first...and skip the amneal and actavis unless I don't like the zubsolv. But I'm surely trying the BDSI version in January, if not but for one month to see how it works....I mainly wanna try it because I was in on the survey a few weeks ago...

Post subject: Zubsolv
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:43 pm 

After reading that article I suspect we may all be on Zub by next year. That darn z is harder to hit with my pinkie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I feel the pain there...they had to pick a name starting with a letter on the keyboard that I normally press once a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This Zubsolv, it doesnt sound like its generic. It'll be another brand name I think. Therefore I find it unlikely it'll be a preferred brand over Activas and Amneal. I am currently on Activas tabs and I almost prefer them to Sub tabs. Most days I don't notice a difference between the 10mgs of Sub and 12mgs Actavis bupe/nalox. My doc tacked on 1 more 2mg because I told her it seemed to be slacking a little. I'm stuck on them forever so I'm glad they at least taste better. I've heard bad reviews about Amneal bupe.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So...being that it's open enrollment with Southern Company / Alabama Power's insurance...I decided instead of taking a press release for what it said, that I would call CVS Caremark directly..and speak with someone. So I did just that.
Actually, I did that last week.

I just haven't been up to sitting in front of the computer much lately....most days I try to find something on TV to pass the time..but I digress...I just haven't had the ooomph to get online much.

So the person I spoke with at Caremark told me that she needed to check with a clinician and put me on hold. She came back to the line with the news that CVS Caremark was dropping coverage of the Suboxone tablet....NOT the film. And stated the press released was WRONG, and they will in fact still cover the Suboxone film next year, so there will be no change in my meds.

I fully intend to stay on Sub film if this is the case, and not change anything. If it aint broke, .....we all know the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ That's good news, Jonathan! Just goes to show how easy it is for bad information (in general) to get spread around. I hope the films remained covered like you were told.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just got a letter from Caremark stateing that my Suboxone mis 8-2 will no longer be coverd. I hope u are right and I will have my wife call them today and see. On the paper they said they will now pay for zubsolv. I have never even heard of that tell now and am scared to switch. I take the sub film 8-2 right now

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jameskenneth wrote:
I just got a letter from Caremark stateing that my Suboxone mis 8-2 will no longer be coverd. I hope u are right and I will have my wife call them today and see. On the paper they said they will now pay for zubsolv. I have never even heard of that tell now and am scared to switch. I take the sub film 8-2 right now

Lots of it depends on which coverages your employer chooses...I hope the person I spoke with was correct in what they said...I've already chosen the coverage I need to have the best pharmacy coverage I can get...if they send me a letter saying Sub isn't covered, then I have to go in and change our entire medical policy to something different because I won't need the better pharm coverage anymore -- because on my policy, Zubsolv shows as a generic with $5 copay instead of like Sub film, a brand without generic..makes it fall in the brand, non-formulary bracket (most expensive).

Our mail hasn't run yet either, I hope that letter isn't in my box today.

Please let me know what the phone call to Caremark results in...I'd like to know. I had planned on calling them again before open enrollment ends on Nov. 22 to make damn sure I'm not wrong in my choice of coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Being that it's Veteran's day, I don't think I'll be getting any mail at all today...but I'm on the phone with CVS again right now, hopefully I'll find out what's up with my coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It will no longer coverd