It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Has anyone found a good method for cutting strips for tapering. I have heard of people using a ruler to measure them out. I put a standard English ruler next to the strip and it is approx. 7/8 of an inch long which makes it kind of a pain to divide that into 1/4's or 1/8's. I am sure it is probably an even metric number. Another question I have is, are all of the various dosage strips of equal length and width. Thanks to anyone that can help.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

On this forum is a member by the name of RXFCG which stands for RX Film Cutting Guide. He has made a template for measuring and cutting the strips. It is quite user-friendly and can be found by googling "RX Film Cutting Guide" and clicking on the link. I will see if I can get the link for you.

I'll tell you what a friend of mine does and it works great for her. Use a pair of tweezers and some ladies cosmetic or toenail scissors. If you have an 8mg film strip hold it gently with the tweezers and cut the strip in half by eyesight. That gives you 2 pieces that are 4mg each.

Holding those with the tweezers cut them in half and you end up with 4 pieces of 2mg each. If you cut them in half once again you get 8 pieces that are all 1mg each. Cutting in halves yet again gets you 16 pieces of .50mg each. I've seen her cut those all in half and end up with 32 pieces of .25mg each too!

And I have used both the 8mg and the 2mg film strips and both are the same exact size. To get the lower doses cut of 1mg and below it is much easier if you have the 2mg strips in my personal opinion. The pieces would be larger of course vs the VERY small ones from the 8mg strip.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best!

Karen xoxo

P.S. Here's the link to the RX Film Cutting Guide
http://www.rxfilmcuttingguide.com/instructions.html