It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Cutting Back
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi everyone! Bamagirl here. Oh my goodness it has been so long. I am still doing good, so with that out of the way, I would like to tell you all about my dosing. I am down to 4 mg a day. And honestly I feel just as well, if not better than I did when I first got on Suboxone at 16 mg. I went from 16 mg to 12 mg to start with. then I cut from 12 mg to 8 mg. But you all are not going to believe this. Finally I cut from 8 mg to 4 mg with absolutely zero problems. I have been at 4mg for a few weeks and I am thinking I will cut to 2 mg. I dose 2 times a day, equal doses each time. So there is no question, I just wanted to touch base with everyone and get you guys to drop me a comment when you had time. My life has been amazing ever since getting on Suboxone, but I can not stay on it forever. I am in no huge rush, but I do want off this medicine and see what it's like. I have a counselor that specializes in addiction that I can call on at any time and she has taught me and is still teaching me many coping skills. I owe my life to this web sight and I'm glad to be back on. I know you guys as usual will welcome me with open arms. With that I will close but will be back on tomorrow. Miss the heck out of you all. your old friend Bama girl............AKA Angie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bama, welcome back! I was confused by your title... but it looks like it found one for you!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:51 am 

lol I was confused by ur title too Angie but I think it said everything u were thinking at the time :)

Well welcome bk! There's a new member here who's username is Bama, and in the beginning I thought it was u until I got to reading. Isn't that crazy, someone joined the forum with the name Bama and got me to wondering about u and here u are!! Things like that happen to me all the time seems like. It's like I think it into happening or something lol. Regardless it's good to see ya stop bk by.

I think it's awesome that ur happily down to 4mg now with no major issues. Just remember, u don't have to go really fast. I know ur comfortable with it and that's great but just don't go too quick, especially since u haven't been on this treatment a yr yet. But if ur ready then ur ready and I am so happy for u to have accomplished what u have already.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:26 pm 

Hey Bamagurl,

It's about time you checked in again. That's good news about cutting down but it isn't all that unusual. A lot of us did pretty much the same thing with the exception of going from 4 mg's to 2. That is a 50% drop and too much. Go to 3, then maybe 2 mg's after a few weeks. Keep the drops under 20% now that you're down to a low number or you'll surely feel it. I made that mistake and the mods here told me the same thing. Hatmaker, I think it was.

Once you get down to low milligrams you need to really slow it down. Right now I'm on 2 mg's and if I do go down again it will be to 1.50 then to 1mg. After that I don't know because I've never been that low. Others can chime in or look up one of the taper charts and follow that. We have so much information on this forum that it's an incredible resource.

Good to have you back and posting. Glad to hear you're alright.

rule

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the comments friends. I'm so glad I have been able to drop successfully. I feel really good. Oh about the title, when I would make a title, it would say not enough letters, or something to that extent. If one of the mods has time, just change it to cutting back. lol. Thanks again guys. I will be around. Bama girl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Angie...

I've nothing particularly useful to add as usual, but I do want to say hello. You were so helpful to me
during those first dark days of mine around here, and I'm eternally grateful to you. I'm so glad you're doing well.

All the best,
Godfrey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey!! I sometimes wonder how you are doing, every now and then you'd pop up in my mind. I'm glad you are doing well!! Just like jennjenn, when I saw Bama posting the other day, I thought for a minute it might have been you.

Post subject: Re: Cutting Back
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey bamagirl,

Nice to see you back. You are well read here so you know the studies say to be on bup for a yr before stopping for best chance of success. and you know to go slow and low...I don't want to have to worry about you going too fast... You've had a rough time since childhood accident w opiates for pain, then w addiction. Remember too how much mental thoughts and emotional feelings play into stopping and staying stopped. Impulsivity too. Glad you have an addiction counselor that's helping you. Does she support your bup use?
Truly wishing you my best, P

Post subject: Re: Cutting Back
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:20 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Pelican wrote:
Hey bamagirl,

Nice to see you back. You are well read here so you know the studies say to be on bup for a yr before stopping for best chance of success. and you know to go slow and low...

i didn't know that. thanks for a frame of reference. i've been on subs for a little over 5 months. my. dr. just recently mentioned decreasing my dose. i already had, i just hadn't told him yet! i'm down to 4mg alternating 3mg every other day.