It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:36 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

After about 7 months on sub, my doc and I decided to try a decrease, dropping from 6mg to 4mg.
A few weeks in, I had nausea, stomach upset, horrible fatigue. I told my doctor that 4 wasn't doing it, and that I planned to increase.

Here's my big question: Before the decrease, I was taking 3/4 of a strip, but is 2/3 of a strip an option? Or do dose changes only work in halves and quarters? I'm curious about the difference in effectiveness between 2/3 of a strip versus 3/4 of a strip. I could always go back to 3/4 (6mg), but I'd feel better knowing I was able to tolerate a decrease.

All the cutting guides I've found (including rxfilmcuttingguide.com) use halves- halving the strip and cutting smaller halves from there. I cant find anything about cutting in thirds. Is this because thirds is a bad idea? Or just too hard to cut accurately and get an accurate dose?
Do any of you take 1/3 or 2/3 of a strip? If so, how do you measure before cutting?

I've also read that it's ok to just eyeball the strip and cut your prescribed dose, but others will say you need to be very precise. Help!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:17 pm 

Sorry TBW, not any responses to your question. You're right, most cut in half and so on. But you can try it if you want. Just measure it out and divide by 3 I guess. It's really about milligrams, not halves or thirds. You may want to ask for the 2 mg films because they are really easy to measure and cut, especially if you have that guide tool. I just used to fold it over, cut it, and fold it over again. Then it was just eyeballing it when it got too small. It's funny how such a small piece of orange gummy film can make you feel better. I suppose it is the same with LSD. They used to use a dropper to place a small amount on a clear film or even a sugar cube. I sure don't miss those days! Never, ever, ever, will I take any hallucinogenic of any kind. That stuff takes my brain where I don't want it to go. Sorry, off topic.

Maybe some others will chime in now. Good question.

r

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:18 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for your reply,rule62. In retrospect, I guess it was a silly question, because you're right, it's really about the mg. I was getting very OCD about how to cut it.

My real question was do jumps have to be in 2mg increments, or is it possible to go from 6mg to 5mg?
Well, if I cut a 2mg strip in half- there's 1mg, if I add that to my 4mg square, there is my 5mg dose.
No need to worry about cutting in thirds.

If I drop to 5, I may create another thread about that experience.
And yes, how totally mind blowing that a scrap of orange film can be so damn powerful!