It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am a couple weeks into my suboxone treatment. My doctor told me to take one dose in the morning and my second dose eight hours layer. He described the Mu opiate receptors which are what the naloxone fill in to relieve w/d symptoms and cravings. I started on 16 mgs but was still experiencing mild withdrawal symptoms After the first two days of taking subs, I was still experiencing such and my Dr upped my dose. He explained there was a possibility the dose I was taking wasn't filling in all my Mu receptors and thats why I was still having w/d symptoms.

My question to you is how did you find a good dose when you first began suboxone treatment?

I've heard of the ceiling effect so why do some people have to take a larger dose than others? I know it's common for beginner users to need larger doses, but why is that?

I know a lot of you guys on here are "veteran" sub users - I'm just trying to gain some perspective.

Have a great weekend! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I forgot to also ask how far apart do you take your doses? My Dr recommended I take mine eight hours apart. I find six hours apart helps keep me level.. but I hate to go against the Drs orders.. he's the professional after all.

When and how often to you dose? And how much?

I am just curious, if this is too personal of a question I appologize!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sunkissedjus". your 'avator' is so funcky cool:lol: . i'm prescribed 8mg morning 8mg night. but i here you well.
i definitely feel the w/d 6 hour's after the first dose too. try this". i take 6mg in the morning. and 6 hours later i take the 2mg.
it seems to help. i do the same in the evening. if this is addict like" well? it seems to help.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Really man dosing comes down to you and your body. What works for me could not work for the next and you just got to go by trial and error till you find your dose that you like.

As of my dosing when I was on suboxone was any were from 1 to 4 times a day cause I was on it for pain. But usually it was 3 times a day I would take 16 mgs after I showered and eat breakfast than I would take 6mgs after dinner and another 2 at bed time. But if you do not use sub for pain they say dosing once a day is best. That was one of my bigger dislikes of suboxone was having to dose several times a day just like my opiate addiction I think that’s why I am so happy with methadone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

b-boy. how do you doo, your methadone. ? do you have to go to the clinic like once a week or ? my med doc is lowering my piroxicam 30mg. he said that the suboxone should help the pain. i talked to my pisyc doc about meth clinic and he said i would not at all like it. but only i could fine that out, and there's a 3 month waiting list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i take 2mgs at about 2pm and then 2-4mgs at about 6pm everyday

seems to be working well for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Unless you are on it for pain, Suboxone is designed for once a day dosing. For some reason, my doc has always told me to dose twice a day, morning and evening.