It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Crushed Subo's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. Quick history:

Used multiple drugs for 8 or 9 years. Crack/cocaine and Oxy's being my DOC. Moved from Florida to Maine 1 year ago. Started Suboxone (self-prescribed) 1 year ago. Have been clean of ALL other drugs since then. Suboxone is a miracle in my life. I have a great career now as a Healthcare software developer, and a beautiful girlfriend that I love very much. She has 2 kids that I love and care for deeply. She is aware of my past, and knows about the suboxone. I have been taking the suboxone in random amounts for the year I have been on it. I don't aim to get high, just maintain the normalcy. Everyone in my life (family and friends) have seen the dramatic turn around in my life, and are all so proud... as am I. The drugs are no longer a part of my life. Deep down though, I have been getting a little depressed knowing that I am still an addict. Although it isn't like the past (where I was high all day, or chasing the high around with no other concerns or motivation), I still am dependent on suboxone. Without it I would lose everything. For the first time in 10 years, I am truly happy and motivated, and I owe it all to sub, but its time to go suboxone.

So, today, I have decided it is time to quit. I take very little each day as it is... unmeasured, I would guess about 1.5mg per day. I want to start a taper, but here is my problem.

All my pills are crushed. How am I supposed to measure out a dosage everyday? Consistently? I just need some help, encouragement, advice, and etc. I am so ready to be free of everything. I know the mental aspect wont be an issue as much, where I am so mentally stable and ready to be done with this life and move on. Its the physical aspect I am worried about. I work in a healthcare setting, and I am around Doctors and medical staff all day. I can't be walking around looking like a junkie, and I have to be aware, alert, and oriented at all times. Is this going to be possible? What is the best way to do this on my own? I have never been in a clinic, or been on a subo plan. I don't want to be. I have had numerous counseling/rehab ventures, and they didn't work because it was always forced by the court... but I am COMPLETELY ready to move on now. HELP?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Please read the following in the tone that it is intended, with concern and kindness and not a hint of sarcasm:

You said that without Suboxone you would lose everything. And then two sentences later you said it is time to quit. You said you are depressed knowing you are still and addict. But you will still be an addict whether you quit Sub or not. The reason I'm pointing this out is because I got a gut feeling from your post that you are really not ready to go off. Is there any way you can get in with a Sub doctor? Not only can one prescribe your Sub, but also help you determine when the time is right to let go of the safety net. And a good doctor can guide you through a gradual taper and support you as you go off.

If your mind is made up we can help you develop a taper plan. But I would give it some serious consideration first.
Take care,
Lilly

Post subject: Re: Crushed Subo's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Want2B_free wrote:
Hi. Quick history:

Used multiple drugs for 8 or 9 years. Crack/cocaine and Oxy's being my DOC. Moved from Florida to Maine 1 year ago. Started Suboxone (self-prescribed) 1 year ago. Have been clean of ALL other drugs since then. Suboxone is a miracle in my life. I have a great career now as a Healthcare software developer, and a beautiful girlfriend that I love very much. She has 2 kids that I love and care for deeply. She is aware of my past, and knows about the suboxone. I have been taking the suboxone in random amounts for the year I have been on it. I don't aim to get high, just maintain the normalcy. Everyone in my life (family and friends) have seen the dramatic turn around in my life, and are all so proud... as am I. The drugs are no longer a part of my life. Deep down though, I have been getting a little depressed knowing that I am still an addict. Although it isn't like the past (where I was high all day, or chasing the high around with no other concerns or motivation), I still am dependent on suboxone. Without it I would lose everything. For the first time in 10 years, I am truly happy and motivated, and I owe it all to sub, but its time to go suboxone.

So, today, I have decided it is time to quit. I take very little each day as it is... unmeasured, I would guess about 1.5mg per day. I want to start a taper, but here is my problem.

All my pills are crushed. How am I supposed to measure out a dosage everyday? Consistently? I just need some help, encouragement, advice, and etc. I am so ready to be free of everything. I know the mental aspect wont be an issue as much, where I am so mentally stable and ready to be done with this life and move on. Its the physical aspect I am worried about. I work in a healthcare setting, and I am around Doctors and medical staff all day. I can't be walking around looking like a junkie, and I have to be aware, alert, and oriented at all times. Is this going to be possible? What is the best way to do this on my own? I have never been in a clinic, or been on a subo plan. I don't want to be. I have had numerous counseling/rehab ventures, and they didn't work because it was always forced by the court... but I am COMPLETELY ready to move on now. HELP?

Wow, that is quite a problem, lol. :D Someone really creative needs to come on here to help you out.

Can I ask you why all your pills are crushed? Do you know how many pills you crushed or that got crushed....? How do you measure the approximate 1.5 mg per day?

I'm thinking if you had one whole Sub, you could crush it and divide it up to see how 'much' it is and divide your remaining crushed Sub according to that.....better yet you could weigh it, but I don't know how you'd do this....

Anyway, no matter what the exact amount you are taking at any particular time is, the first thing you have to have is a starting place. However, you measure out your 1.5 can be your starting place. As long as you have a starting place, you can drop your dose and if you keep going down, you will eventually get to nothing. You could always put your Sub in a bag, lick your finger, dip it in the crushed Sub, put that under your tongue, wait to see if you are okay, and wait until you don't feel right to take more. I would probably use a Barbie mug/cup/spoon to measure my doses.....I really have no other ideas, but I can't wait to see if someone can figure this out!

laddertipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:56 am 
Now a days most are interested like this..................

software developer in bhubanesware now so demand.........

Software Company Bhubaneswar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

claretalabs wrote:
Now a days most are interested like this..................

software developer in bhubanesware now so demand.........

oftware Company Bhubaneswar

This is NOT the first advertisement by claretalabs..this "bot" posted an ad the other day upon joining the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah we get that from time to time :roll: Hatmaker can deactivate them.

Want2B-free - if I were you, I'd use your remaining powder sub to do a liquid taper, like in Diary of a Quitter's thread at the top of this forum. If you mixed your sub powder with enough water to dissolve it, you could measure it out quite accurately / easily day by day with a syringe / plunger / eyedrop, and put the liquid under your tongue.

The only thing is, you'd need to figure out your starting liquid dose. First dose probably start really low, wait a bit, then add enough until you find your level, record that dose, and use it as the starting point for your taper.

You'd need to keep it in a jar / bottle in the fridge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:25 am 
It will be true that the demand of customized software development services is increasing at a higher pace. The reason behind it is the scope of flexibility that allows businesses to shape a solution as per their specific needs.