It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:33 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have been at .25 skipping every third day for 9 days now.. yesterday was my skip day and I felt great tons of energy............. up mood .........actually felt better then when I dose........so today I wake up feeking GREAT AGAIN.. so I decided not to dose and roll with it................I FREAKING FEEL BETTER THEN IF I HAD DOSED...... IS THIS IT FOR ME??? Hmmmmm could be I think I can roll with this and this may just be the week to stop .. of course if I suffer I will take a sliver ( I cut one into 20 pieces this morning for backup) but I hit the gym hard today and felt good...........I dont understand how I feel so damn good not dosing but I am just gonna roll with it for now

the only thing I changed was I upped my glutamine and creatine intake, used to take them prior to working out now I take them before and after (which is recommended) and I stopped taking klonopin I did wake up at 1am last night took a clonidine and went back to sleep

Hopefully I am not jinxing myself but I think this is it :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I'm not going to answer the "am I crazy" part....you probably already know what I'd say. :lol:

Here's how I look at it, even if you do feel some slight discomfort today, you will probably just push through it. If you feel some discomfort that makes you want to take that sliver, then so be it.

What I'm trying to say is that it sounds like, at worst, that you are 99.999999% of the way there and HOPEFULLY you are really 100% of the way there.....either way you're doing FREAKING AWESOME!!

You get a (((BIG HUG)))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:31 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

mg, this is exactly what I have been experiencing for the last 3 days. its so wierd because if you read my post this morning its the same thing your experiencing! thats so great. I also just "woke up" one morning after not dosing and felt better than when I was on them. Its hour 62 for me and still nothing. try to stay off and see how you feel. I thought for sure I would start to feel it today but like you said, I am feeling even better as the days pass!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:59 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks so much you guys you have all helped me more then you know

Livin I read your thread yesterday and that gave me so much hope since yesterday was my non dose day ....my last .25 was Friday at 6am..............so it about what 28 hrs.... I dont think I could have even got to less then the 1mg without the insight of all you guys.. I never though of tapering so low but thats what helped me most... my dr as much as I respect him thought i was crazy for going less then 1mg but hey if it works it works.......

keeping my fingers crossed :)

thanks
Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:18 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I really hope this continues for you and your done. I think this forum knows more about this drug than any doctor. we are all conducting our own clinical trails and sharing the outcomes with eachother which is more valuable than some doctor who has never gone through this telling you to jump at 1mg. keep us updated mg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:25 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

l i v i n wrote:
we are all conducting our own clinical trails and sharing the outcomes with eachother which is more valuable than some doctor who has never gone through this telling you to jump at 1mg. keep us updated mg.

How true!!! You hit the nail on the head!!! I am so proud of AND for all of you! You give me such great hope :)

No one told me that I would have such anxiety coming from 24 mgs down to 6 mgs in one month. No one told me it would deplete all of the stacked Sub in my body and I would literally "crash"....heck, I thought this was like any other med...just come down some every few days and keep going if you feel good.
This is a process that you have to individualize for YOU.

I so hope that this is it for you :) But, as romeo says...if you have to take a crumb somewhere along the way, so be it. It's not a race...it's just doing what works for you to get you off with as little W/d as possilbe!

You are AWESOME!

Post subject: Excellent
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:25 am 

From what you say it sounds just like what my nurse said they do to taper their patients off it. She said that by the time you've skipped several days at a low dose that you should just be able to stop with little to no discomfort.

I'd say you are completely done taking Bup. Congratulations!! I hope to be in your shoes in the coming months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:19 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I believe i responded to you yesterday, BUT I BIG HELL YEAH and CONGRATS!!!! You are there!. i will say this again though, try your damndest not to take a sliver because there may still be a few days from time to time that you may get slightly uncomfortable, ( but for me on day 14 today) i feel like some of my uncomfortable feelings are usually caused by somethin else stressin me out. So you can push through it. Just remember to stay strong. I would suggest if you get to the point where you feel like you have to use a sliver of your strip, hold off and get on here and read some posts. To me it is the BEST THERAPY out there!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow! I am so impressed by all of you dedicated tapering people. Props to you for sticking to it and taking care of yourselves and getting it done. I hope things continue to go smoothly.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Stilll feeling good a bit tired but thats cuz my boyfriend spent the night here ;)

other then that I feel fine :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Good for you, mg.....praying that this is your time :)

If this is IT....please don't leave us....continue to come in and let us know how it goes on down the road..say, one month, 2 months, etc....it is such a needed thing for those of us continuing the journey. I am really pulling for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:24 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Aqua I absolutely will not be a stranger to here, as I said I couldnt have done this without this forum for sure.. never would have thought to taper the way I did....

I an also going to put together the tools I used in one thread when I have time, what I did that worked for me......... I am still feeling good :)
thanks for the prayers I need them...... I also pray for you guys..........suboxone is a very different drug and we are all learning this together

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hey mg, I think we did it. I am on day 4 and feel even better than yesterday. I thought I was 100% yesterday but now today I feel even better so just try to stick with it for a few more days unless you start feeling really sick. If you only get minor stuff try staying with it and see if you feel better the next day. There were maybe 2 times in the last 4 days I thought I was starting to feel w/d but one time I was just wearing too many layers of cloths and the other time I was just tired from getting no sleep. In both circumstances I was back to feeling great within hours or by the next morning. LETS FINISH THIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Livin I am at 60 hours now .... I was tired today but my bf spent the night last night ( wink wink), I did take a clonidine today I felt a little skin crawling coming on but the clonidine knocked it right out.............I am 99.99999 percent sure I am done ... I AM A 48 YR OLD WOMAN AND IF I CAN DO THIS ANYONE CAN :)

Rock on!!!

I know I will sleep well tonight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

AMEN!!! and good idea by the way; posting about how you were able to be successful in your taper. I might have to do that too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is so inspiring for me to read, I must admit! It makes me feel that the day of being able to skip doses for myself, won't be as bad as I may be anticipating!

I really think that you are going about everything 100% the right way, you are listening to your body, not putting too much pressure on yourself, and you allow yourself the extra sliver if you need it. That being said I think you are so close, and will have the same amount of success! Plus I think your excersize routine helps with you feeling really good too. That seems to be what makes me feel the best, the running that is...

Keep it up!!!! Rock on girl!!

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:37 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I used to ( for years) be in bed asleep by 830, last night i stayed up till 11 slept hard an woke up at 5 and I was an animal at the gym today I would say today I feel great again....................I am at 74 hours of no subs.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I am so proud of you guys! I'm thankful to God that there are people getting off Subs successfully without the horror stories!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:26 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well I am still sub free ... had some body aches before bed last night so I took a nyquil and slept ok............I had to get up early today as my son leaves this morning for his deployment to afghanistan ( the sandbox as I call it), I feel ok right now kind of emotional but I would feell that way no matter what cuz my son is off to a war zone AGAIN.... its his 3rd deployment though normally he is on an aircraft carrier ( he is navy 8 yrs) this time he will be working in the prison with detainees

I plan on going to the gym and will hit it hard this morning :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just typed something here for you, then it went away. :( hmm so strange! LOL

I just wanted to wish your son well, and let you know I will be keeping you and him in my prayers! I hope he stays safe, and comes home soon!! I can't imagine your feelings saying good bye, you are just so amazing to me!! In every sense of the word, you literally are so inspiring.....

I am so proud of you, you are really, really doing this girl!!! You are so close, and it's amazing to me!! You have helped me stay on track for sure, especially b/c there are days I just want to say forget it, but I see people like you, and the others, and can't do it!!! So thank you for that!

I am sure you hitting the gym hard today will make you feel better, so here's hoping the rest of your day is filled with feeling strong, and really good!!!

I will be thinking of you!!! Have a wonderful rest of your day!!!!

Big hugs!

- Joseph Campbell