It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: crazy dreams
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So now that I have my dose right, I think,I'm having crazy vivid dreams. Has anyone else experienced this?

Post subject: Re: crazy dreams
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh Boy did I ever! Read my thread and you will see I had so many crazy, weird, and extremely vivid dreams. And mine were of the scarest kind too! I would wake up in the middle of the night so frightened I would be crying and shaking for several minutes! They seemed so real, and it was always someone else, or me getting hurt. I've never been so happy when they finally passed.

I guess when I got to around 1mg and below they finally began to lessen and then stopped completely. I sure hope yours are no where as frightening as mine were! :shock: Not one of them were of the pleasant kind. It got to the point I was scared to go to sleep!

But they did pass and I haven't a hint of one in some time now. There were others that said they also experienced the same kind of vivid dreams as I was having. Seems to be happening more and more lately. I've NEVER had them before being on subs either.

Hang in there and hopefully they will end soon for you.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Karen. Thankfully mine are not as intense as yours but they do seem real. But I hope they dont become that. :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am the crazy dream QUEEN! (wonder what that emoticon would look like?)

In my experience, subs didn't seem to effect my dreams much, no matter what dose I was on. I have ALWAYS had very vivid dreams. However, I have seen others suggest that suboxone really effected them. I wonder though, if suboxone is only effecting the sleep pattern enough to allow those who normally wouldn't get into the REM state long enough to remember their dreams. For instance, my husband claims he never dreams. He is a light sleeper though, and I am not. I can get into that dream state very quickly, sometimes I will even incorporate things that are going on in the same room with me while I am asleep into my dream. For example, if I fall asleep on the couch while the TV is going, I might dream about the action sequence that is going on in the movie on TV. But it will take all kinds of interesting twists and turns that are really quite humorous sometimes.

I have a habit of getting up in the morning and taking my suboxone dose. While I'm waiting on it to disolve I will sometimes drift off to sleep on the couch (seems to be a pattern... :lol: ) One morning that happened and the kids were up moving around in the living room. I woke up thinking someone was tapping me on the shoulder, sat up looked around, but couldn't quite get awake. Just a few seconds later I actually woke up, sat up, looked around, and realized I hadn't really been awake when that happened. Nobody was even in the room, but it felt so real I would have sworn it actually happened.

Strange things like that happen all the time, but it's always been that way with me.

It would be interesting though, to see an actual study done on how suboxone effects dreams.