It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Cravings! Please Answer!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I thought suboxone was suppose to curb the cravings. I'm having horrible cravings. Dr is having me take 12 mgs a day. I started last Thursday on 16 mgs. Had 16 mgs Friday and Saturday as well. Then 12 mgs for the remainder of a month. Thoughts??

Post subject: Cravings
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You will still have cravings, you will still have moments where something will trigger a thought of using. Know this..It will get easier and the cravings farther apart. You still have to want your sobriety enough to put in the work to resist the cravings but the suboxone makes it much easier. The longer you take it the easier it gets. In fact, I have often forgotten to take my suboxone. A pill head forgetting to take a pill! Imagine that. That's where you will be if you hang in there! Make your sobriety a priority, hang in there and be strong. Suboxone will give you your life back one day at a time.

Post subject: I can handle it....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

As long as I know the cravings are gonna happen no matter what my dose I think I can handle them. Things are always managable as long as you know whats coming. Well most things anyways. Withdrawals aren't!

It's good to know they will get fewer and farther between. I'm so ready to have my life back. Thank you.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Cravings
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:51 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello! Yea, the cravings are somthing that is different for each of us. Being on suboxone for nearly 6 months now, I still have to say I do have some sort of cravings. Maybe not often all the time, or maybe so. It depends alot on your surroundings I think and your frame of mind. I do know that they are way more managable then without suboxone. Without it I and probably many others would have already relapsed by now.

The first 2 weeks - 1 month seemed a bit more "up in the air" as far as when the cravings came. Now I can control them and I think you will be able to as well! Try to keep your mind busy, whether or not your body is or not. It can help.

Good luck and hope every thing works out for you!! Some have had luck with NA and the steps and being able to get support from a sponser. Either way stay strong!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You'll have cravings from time to time the first month or so...maybe a bit longer but like the others said they aren't nearly as bad as your cold turkey cravings. I've been on 8 months and am sooooo happy. the first month there were a few times I wanted "more" or needed to feel better. Those days go away. I take .5 mg a day now and feel great. Hang in there. Life on sub is 100% better than what we were all doing before sub.

Post subject: Well,?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:59 pm 
Ok, why would your doctor give you 16 mg for two days then take down the dose? That doesn't make sense. And if 16 mg wasn't making you comfortable, the doc should have tried you higher, at probably 24 mg a day. It is a high dose but if you are fresh off of strong full-agonist opioids you might need it. Your doc sounds like an idiot. You should shop around.

Post subject: Intense Early Cravings
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I started on a dose of 24mg/daily. It is now ~4 weeks later and I'm down to 6mg/daily (by my own accord).

For the first 10 days cravings were so intense I didn't think suboxone was for me. I honestly felt like my cravings rivaled those of CT cravings. It was very, very scary. I got some support from friends on different forums and stuck it out. Seems to me at about the 2 week mark they started to (significantly) subside. And everyday it gets easier/better. Don't let the cravings make you give up hope, it will get better.

I wish you the best. Happy Holidays. :mrgreen: