It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Craving Suboxone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Been on little over 2 wks.Think I found my maintenece dose.Does anyone "crave" Sub? Dont know if its craving per say or just looking forward to dose because I feel so much better on it.If you do "crave" it,does it mean you dont have enough in your system,like you crave narcotics? Ive had a rough journey with this a first Dr was a quack and put on only 2mg twice a day.Gradually worked up to 10.Took 10 days or so to find right dose(I think) where Im not constantly obsessing 24/7 over pills and fiending for them.This is all self dosing.Dr was of NO HELP at all.Gave me script and off I went.No call to check on me,nothing.Tomorrow I see a new Dr,hope hes more knowledgable.Just wanted to throw that question out there.I dose once in AM,tinkered with 1 or 2 x a day dosing as well.

Post subject: Re: Craving Suboxone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

melijm wrote:
Been on little over 2 wks.Think I found my maintenece dose.Does anyone "crave" Sub? Dont know if its craving per say or just looking forward to dose because I feel so much better on it.If you do "crave" it,does it mean you dont have enough in your system,like you crave narcotics? <snip>

Yes, back a few weeks ago, when I was only on 2 mg per day,
I will admit that I was craving subs. I also had cravings for other narcotics.
So, I told my doctor about my cravings, and he upped my dose to 4 mg-
which is now my maintenance dose.

As for your second question, I really don't know how to answer that,
to be honest.

Good luck!

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you are having cravings for suboxone your dose might not be high enough but at the same time if you are not in some type of recovery program as counseling and what not def try to start doing that. Because you will learn how to deal with these cravings properly, and I just wanted to mention this because it worries me a little but you should not be looking forward to your dose that is a active addiction type thing were you look forward to dosing each day.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bboy-thanks,makes sense.Went to a new Dr who was awesome,so unlike toe first sub dr i saw.I wasnt induced in the office so Ive been trying to settle on right dose.Worked up to 10 and he wants me to start at 16.Been on it little over 2 wks.Yest I took 12,thought 16 was maybe too much.Today I took the full 16 and figured I should listen to this Drs orders and see how it goes.Maybe I need the higher dose,we'll see.Was leary about going up,my first awful Dr gave me 2mg strips and told me to take 2mg twice a day.She did not know a thing about this med.Ive been on my own gradually upping it since.Do want to settle on a dose,prob 16,and stick with that to level off.