It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Oh .........Crap
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So Ive been going to 'adiction/trauma therapy' for about 4 months now......

My therapist is certified in adiction treatment, and the courthouse here, uses her for everything. Just trying to say she's 'been around the block'

Well, I was going to therapy once a week for two an half months or so, then we just recently changed to every other friday.

Last time we were soposd to have an appointment, I had the reschedule, becuase it was the day my son was going to have surgery.......well, when I rescheduled this apt, I was driving, and talking thru the speaker, obviously not writing it down.

then, my kid gets REALLY sick this last week, I even end up taking him to the emergency room.

to top that off, I END up getting sick too!! I know, I know, AWESOME week for Amber,( actually it WAS cuz I hit 11 months on the sub program on the 14th)

So today, Im thinking, 'when was the last time I saw her' OH YEA I was SOPOSED to go YESTERDAY!!!
OOOOHHHHHHH
great.................

the thing is, she didnt call, or email, or anything? is she THAT pissed???
Now Im all stressed out about it!!!
just when we last met, she was like 'well you seem to be doing pretty well'
and I was SOPOSED to come up with a list of POSITIVE things to do with my time, and family, you know, besides get high, that I actually ENJOY....
havent done that either yet!!!

I know I stress myself out sometimes over nothing, but i really , canot figure out why she hasnt even called. shes wierd and all 'strict' like that though. Like one time I had a check come back (I pay $60 per visit) and It was the very next week, she says, "I have to have the money from the check, and the cash for this appointment BEFORE we can meet"
I was like, Ok, no problem, sorry!!!

Anyways, Im just anxious as hell about it, which Im SURE she knows I am, maybe THATS why?
WHO FREAKING KNOWS
Im also trying to figure out, what Im gonna say, just stick with the TRUTH, and be like "i forgot"
or make up something??????
I know THATS probably NOT a great idea, but she might get really pissed if I just tell her i forgot. Like give me a speech aobut how IMPORTANT my recovery should be.
and believe me it IS important to me, but so is EVERYthing else in my life!

jeezzzzzzzzz
oh well at least I feel a LIL better after putting all this 'swirling thoughts' into words. Now at least I can sort them out a little!

thanks for letting me share :roll:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You should probably just tell her what you just told us. Any reasonable person would understand, especially since you have been seeing her for a while now. She probably already has the assessment of you that you are serious about your recovery and she has probably been in this situation quite a few times before. You can usually tell if a person is being sincere just by using your intuition. So if you really are (which I know you are), I don't think there's anything to worry too much about. It would be understandable if she is a little irritated, but I don't think she would just write you off.

Try not to stress too much about it because that won't do any good. The sooner you contact her and get this taken care of, the sooner you will be able to stop worrying about it. She might be thinking the same thing as you...wondering why YOU haven't contacted HER yet. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was just thinking myself, have you contacted her yet? To be very honest with you, the moment I realized I'd missed the appt, I would have called her and left a voice mail for her apologizing and explaining everything. Why not do that now? I really think that would relieve your anxiety about the whole thing. Then you will have addressed it and it will be done.

Let us know how it goes. :) Good luck. I think it will be ok.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Okay, so I didnt want to call her on sunday morning, I do remember her saying one time she goes to her son's house on the weekends, and watches her grandkids.

SO, I just wrote her an email, which is a way we have comunicated many times before.

I did, just tell the absolute truth, and added a lil something in there, like "Im sure you know me well enough by now to know I dont usually 'flake off' on things"
(Ive never even been late to an appointment before)

So at least I apologized, and got that outta the way, didnt lie or anything....

I was thinking as I wrote it, MAYBE she forgot too??

probably couldnt be that lucky, but we'll see I guess........lol

thanku guys,
you did give me the lil push to at least make some effort

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't you feel better now that you've addressed it? She'll get that email and now she won't be wondering what the hell was going on with you, which she probably was. I'm so glad you emailed her. I'm sure it'll be ok. Let us know how it goes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.