It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I notice on Craigslist in Ohio that one suspicious ad has been up for several days now.

Got the orange stop sign 8s from subway to get you well if you're sick. Suboxone

Its in the general sale by owner section.

my question is, how is this even possible? if craigslist monitors for illegal activity then this should have been removed days ago. right?

is it legit? or is there an anal cop trolling out there with nothing else to do but make some unfortunately soul miseralable and ruin their life even more so than ever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You can never tell who's who online. .. very scary at times. ..especially a scenario like you're describing. I'd stay far away from that one, and hope everyone else does also! Even if it isn't an undercover officer, that type of diversion of our valuable life saving medication makes MAT and the patients look bad, and I fear will make it harder for those in need to access.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I live in one of the larger cities in Tennessee and am friend with several people in law eforcement. While the city does not thing online, our county Sheriff Departments drug is on Facebook all the time, they catch deal all the time. Report it to Craigslist. If it it remains, it is likely a sting. Good for them

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tndb wrote:
I live in one of the larger cities in Tennessee and am friend with several people in law eforcement. While the city does not thing online, our county Sheriff Departments drug is on Facebook all the time, they catch deal all the time. Report it to Craigslist. If it it remains, it is likely a sting. Good for them

That is SCARY bc I had been talking about drugs alot on Facebook messaging. Which i recently discovered the DEA is now able to read! Good thing I am going to rehab!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:24 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Really, the DEA can read private Facebook messages? Wow, I don't know why I'm surprised by this, whatever's online is free range I guess, there really is no privacy online anymore, maybe it was just the illusion that there was privacy to begin with. Am glad my messages are mostly about positive progress if it does get into anything Sub related. Will proceed with caution in what I write. I hope they use info from people talking with friends about their struggles, trials and triumphs to gain a better understand what this is really like for people and not solely to just try to bust people.

Sage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:04 pm 

I know here in Las Vegas the police post ads as hookers. Someone posted in Rants and Raves about being arrested so I guess it's true. IMO, it is a setup and you'll go to jail. I too have seen ads asking for Sub and I flag them as illegal. Please do the same. We don't want our life saving drug abused anymore than it already is.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

IMO I am not worried about what i write here. I am in recovery and taking a legal medication. IMHO, i also doubt much DEA time is spent on this board.

As with all things, technology comes with good and bad. This is the time of "Big Brother" watching, to me that's the bad. Being able to talk to friends in other countries is Good.

Just my 2 cents :)