It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: cracked film
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:50 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

i know this has been mentioned, but i got another batch of cracked film this time around. I may return them but wondering how you guys cut them when they come all messed up like that. Do you just guess or not use them ?
Thanks,
AnitA
second time i've received a batch. The company was called and they just say "we know about the problem"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOW!! I JUST opened a few of my own films and was going to pre cut them because I am currently lower than 2 mg and my films are 8mg. Mine were cracked and all dried out. Thats crazy! I am wondering if their quality are compromised some how.
Is it possible to return a medication to a pharmacy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I seem to always have at least a few cracked films in my monthly supply, but I never really thought about it and just cut it close as possible. I've never been one to 'get out the ruler' to make my cuts. If yours is 'dried' out and just doesn't look fresh, then I would take it back to the pharmacy and I would contact the Pharm company as well.

If it is a continuous problem, open one or two up at the pharmacy counter and show them before you leave.
I try to never leave the counter until I've checked and counted all my meds (I don't open my sub packs though)....as you all know Pharmacists don't give us any slack or mercy with Sub/oxy or other controlled meds.
Wish you well and hope all your future film is good film.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: cracked film
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Anita wrote:
i know this has been mentioned, but i got another batch of cracked film this time around. I may return them but wondering how you guys cut them when they come all messed up like that. Do you just guess or not use them ?
Thanks,
AnitA
second time i've received a batch. The company was called and they just say "we know about the problem"

They seem good at acknowledging the problems, not so good at doing something about it. It may be another reason to try the tablets.

If you're struggling to measure your dose, maybe read the threads about the Liquid Taper method. There you can find details about how you can dissolve your dose in a small amount of water, and divide it out that way, with a medicine cup / doser. Suboxone Film is apparently easy to dissolve (ironically therefore easier to IV).

I know it's a bit messy, but it may be the only way I can think of.

T