It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Cps and suboxne
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So here's my story, I have been on suboxone for over a year now. I discovered I was pregnant and told my doctor he then put me on subutex. My son was born on April 17, he had no w/d. None. The day before we leave to come home child protective services show up. My husband and I both take mouth swabs for her and passed with flying colors. The cops worker has been coming to my home for the past few months asking me when I plan on getting off the suboxone (my doc changed me back after birth). This whole time she has been drug testing me and my husband which we both have passed all of them. This cps worker has told me several times she is going to close my case out on July 18. Well on Wednesday when I was at work she showed up to my house with the police on a witch hunt saying I'm a drug dealer!!!!! She told my husband that she would be back on Thursday and never showed up. I am on count with my meds, I don't abuse them or sell them. My question is is this harassment??? I've called several lawyers and I'm awaiting their return calls. Please any advice??

Post subject: Re: Cps and suboxne
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:03 am 

Hey Emmylou,

In the past, during my using days, I had some issues with CPS. I never had them show up with the police though. And honestly I think I was called on by my exhusband who's a police officer. All of it was so arranged by him, it was obvious. That was the beginning of him keeping my child from me for yrs. Honestly it seems like they do whatever they want to in my area. I've sit and watched women not even have running water or electric even, and never get their children taken. But because I was simply a drug addict, they were able to take mine. There's more but I don't want to go into it, it just really irritates me when I hear about something like that because I know how unfair it can be. And I don't think they can barge into ur home with cops screaming ur selling drugs without a shred of proof. That sounds crazy, especially since you've not failed one single test.

Michelle, a mod here, is a social worker. Hopefully she'll be along to tell ya what's right and not right. Let us know how it all turns out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you, for responding. I'm new to the forum. I'm from a small town as well. I understand what you're talking about, when you say they do whatever they want. I'm sorry about you're child. That's not right. I just don't understand why they are doing this to me. Yes im a recovering addict I go to my groups I do everything right and they're still messing with me. My life is my son, I try my best to be a great mom. But I feel as if cps is harassing me for being on suboxone. I don't know why they brought the police with them either. My friend told me it's a scare tactic. But I have nothing to be scared about I'm not a drug dealer. I'm so confused it's not even funny. I wish they would just leave us alone. I work and come home. Really that's all. Lol

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Send me a personal message, and tell me the state you're in. The situation you describe would never fly in my area-- but there must be some twisted things going on out there.

I have to say this because ALL OF US in the grip of addiction lied, or left things out of a story. Please don't feel 'judged' or accused, as I don't know you, or anything about you.... but if there is something to the story that you are not sharing here, then get to a position where you have nothing to hide.

If you are sharing the entire story, then consider going to your state representative or state senator (i.e. not your US Congressman-- but your STATE representative). That is the person who supposedly protects citizens from state, county, or local government. Of course if your representative has the same mindset, that won't be a solution. An attorney is a good idea, but that is such an expensive path to take.

Is you doctor willing to get involved? Maybe he/she will send a letter expressing outrage to the CPS people?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay I will send you a message. And no I don't take offense to you wondering if I left something out or lied. Because I didnt. I have told my doc everything I have a great relationship with him. He said he stands behind me 100 percent :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thinking more about the situation-- it is ridiculous that they would open a case on someone who is simply treating an illness-- and in these modern times, that's what addiction is considered. What was the reason for asking for oral swabs? Nobody has the right to just do a medical test on someone who hasn't violated any laws. Crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:05 am 

Hi Emmylou, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this! From what you describe, it sounds like harassment. But, I must ask, did you and/or your husband have cps involvement prior to the birth if this child? If she has some information about you from the past she could be letting that cloud her judgement about what is current. Also, if your husband has a history with them, even before you were with him,that could play a role. One last thing, you can be guilty by association. So, if your husband is hanging with the wrong people this could impact your case! If it is clear that there is none of this behavior going on, I would as to meet with her supervisor and start there. Good luck!