It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My retiree insurance coverage has been great, Suddenly they decide my RX coverage has to go through CVS/Caremark. I have to pay my co-pay 3 months in advance and I will recedive 3 months of meds in the mail.Mandatory.

Hey! I don't want my Subs to go through the mail. Anything can happen. A controlled substance through the mail coming from Az to NYC? Hmmm....Oh the horror just thinking about it.

Additionally, I cannot afford to pay 3 mos of co-pay for 10 medications, in advance. I barely make it withmy SS check. I am trying to appeal but I am being given a hard time.

Anyone have this experience and any advice on how I can keep going to my local pharmacy. As you all kow, I am a double amputee, 75 years old, I have a special needs daughter to tend to. I don't need this aggravaion. This has me so stressed out. I had a heart attack in 2012 and I don't need this stress.

Any ideas for Queenie?

Thank you my loves,

Queenie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:54 am 

Hi Queenie,

This last year my BCBS has Express Scripts handling all our prescriptions via mail order like yours. They tired to get my doctor to do a 3 month supply and he refused. Period. No refill either. Tell your doctor and let them handle it. Suboxone is the only medication I still pick up at CVS. One month at a time.

Even though physicians are able to put a refill on Suboxone doesn't mean they will. My guess is the training they had told them not to. We are supposed to be monitored on a month to month basis and refills won't work with that.

Hope that helps. Talk to your doctor.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Rule, how are you sweetheart? I hope all is well with you.

My doctor sent CVS/Caremark a fax marked "Urgent". She told them that I could not afford the 3 months co-pay and she preferred I continue with my regular pharmacy every 30 days. I called them and 1) Their customer service is the worst I have EVER experienced in my life and I have been through many with my illnesses. They sent me a letter of denial that had absolutely nothing to do with my drs.fax. Looked like a computerized spit-out. It said "The medication you are requesting is denied because you have no coverage. (what???) 2) the customer rep. seemed clueless. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. I was transferred to someone named "Arturo". (ha, can you believe that name?) He had an accent but he refused to speak Spanish when I greeted him as such. He knew I was hispanic, for God's sake, my last name is Jimenez. Anywho, he put me on hold forever and then said, "We got your doctor's fax but tell her to fax it again. (HUH????). I asked "why?" I got crickets.

So, I have a copy and my daughter is going to fax it first thing in the morning but it doesn't sound good. Sounds like they are told "No execptions". Also sounds like no one is in charge.

Sorry to bore you with all of this but I feel helpless. My last attempt at getting my nose above water is, calling my former employer in the morning. Wish me luck.

Hugs, and I mean hugs,

Queenie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:03 pm 

If you're up to it, go to their website home page and down below try to find the corporate phone number. Call that and ask who their CEO is and mailing address. Of course this is only if they deny your request for monthly fills. We had to do something similar and got a response back fairly soon with the decision in our favor.

Old fashioned letter writing is still the best form of communication. Forget email, they just delete it. Be polite and professional and they'll listen. (I hope)

Good luck with the battle Queenie. Doesn't sound like too much fun.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rule, Thank you!!

You are and always have been my hero grandson.

Thank you sugar. I'm going to try that. I am so stressed about this, it's like I almost need somehing but, no, no, no, never again. My mama didn't raise a fool.

When you come to the cabin, have some coffee or tea. Sit by the fire and relax. You have earned it. Don't forget to lock up.

Love you,

Queenie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:46 pm 

Ah ha! So CVS Caremark sucks too! Optum RX is terrible!! I've had yearly, sometimes monthly problems with them!

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, Queenie! My best advice is to be persistent and if you get a chance to rate your phone call in a survey, DO IT!! I had a United Healthcare customer service person call me back and totally fix my problem with Optum in one phone call! But I don't know how to contact her again. :(

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes Amy,

Another one that sucks. These big companies make these deals because sommehow it benefits them but it puts some people through hell.

I am going to do some research, letter writing and phone calling today.

Boy, I hate this but it must be done.

Take care my sweeet. Love you.

Hugs,

Queenie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Queenie! So sorry to hear of your troubles but it sounds like Rule gave you some options. I just wanted to stop by and say hello and I think of you often. Love, Angie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Angie, I think of you often too. What I have to do is come in here and check often too. I just saw your message.

I have solved my problem with CVS/Caremark. Thank goodness. I c an pick up my Suboxone at my neighborhood pharmacy every month.

Take care, sweetheart. Talk to you soon.

Hugs,

Love, Queenie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Queenie!!!

Just was reading your posts & thought I'd drop by to send some love along with these other fine folks! :) Glad to know you're doing alright, hope to hear from you soon!

Love always,

Ash