It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tips About Dosing
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:35 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Does anyone have any tips about dosing that you would like to share?

Post subject: Re: Tips About Dosing
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What sort of "tips" are you looking for? That's a real open-ended question. Almost like asking if someone has any tips about eating or something. The board is full of items about absorption, how to take the meds, 24 hour dosind and much more. Try searching using keywords that include what you're looking for. If that fails, specific information or specific questions will help us to answer your questions better.

Post subject: Re: Tricks About Dosing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Donh,
Sorry I wasn't more specific. There is so much info on this site and other sites. I just meant like any tricks to help us. I, for instance, never dose in the mornings anymore, so I am not thinking about it like I used to when my eyes first opened up. That is the first thing I thought about. You know, where's my drugs? I gotta have some. I think everybody does that that's addicted to drugs. Let me tell you, that was a hard habit to break. I will go most of the day before I dose now. It has really made a difference with me and how I feel about myself even. It gives me hope that I can possible kick this shit one day.
I use to get a headache about an hour or so after I dosed. I done some research on this because I suspected it may be the Naloxone causing it. So I started spitting the saliva out instead of swallowing it after my dosing session. And do you know what? I haven't had a headache since!
These are the kind of tips or tricks that I am talking about.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI HappyG

I seem to have success splitting my dose in half. I use to take it once a day but I think by splitting the dose it seem to have an even type of feeling.

I also try to JUST take the first dose only. Sometimes I forget about even taking the second one,. This has helped me tremendously stock pile some of my medication. This stockpiling has really given me peace of mind to know that I will never run out of meds. I try to have at least a month extra. You never know what may happen with changing rules and unexpected situations.

Look on this forum, you will get all kinds of advice on how to dose and how often and tapering too.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have written about dosing efficiency on my blog-- about ways to increase absorption of buprenorphine beyond the 25% that people absorb on average from the film or tabs. But I have done a disservice to some people who are overly-obsessed with 'getting enough buprenorphine.'

The mind plays a huge role in how a person 'feels' after taking buprenorphine. For example, many people say that they feel better immediately after dosing, when it takes 30-60 minutes before any significant increase in blood levels of the drug. For the vast majority of people, 16 mg of buprenorphine is more than enough to saturate the mu receptors, even if taken relatively carelessly.

I think that forgetting to take morning doses is a sign of a person who could consider giving up the medication... whereas the opposite--- needing to get to a dose as soon as possible every morning-- suggests that the person would be better off waiting another year. I'll have patients who run short every month, and respond by saying 'I just need to get off this stuff'. That usually doesn't work out well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah, I was conflicted over the article on maximizing the absorption of bupe. For someone simply trying to minimize costs it can be good by allowing them to purchase less while still getting sufficient effect. However, finding the most effective route of administration to produce the greatest effect is common addictive behavior. So, I guess the best thing is for the individual to honestly ask themselves what their motive is for doing it.