It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Sorry about the long thread titles, but I didn't know how else to describe it. :P

Anyway, I would rather not give my real name atm, so for now I am just going to say Hi!

I will try to keep this short because I am sure that you all do not want to hear a life story who hasn't contributed much here (besides reading).

After relapsing 4 times with Percocet and dealing with w/d cold turkey THREE TIMES (I know, dumb), I finally decided to take the plunge with Suboxone. I don't want to say it saved my life, but there has been quite a few times where I would have relapse had I not been on it. So there's that. My GF also came off Percocet addiction with Suboxone, but only did the treatment super briefly and never felt any discomfort. However, I am a lot weaker to w/d than she is because I get VERY depressed when I w/d.

After being on Suboxone for almost two years now, I have recently started to spot a change in my looks. I was always told I was TOO SKINNY, when now I wish I was as thin. I am not saying I am HUGE now, no way, but I have a bit of a gut (people tell me I am nuts) and my face is WAY MORE puffy now. I am still told I am good looking, but when my face was thinner, I was most definitely better looking. It seems that my face is retaining weight and I think it is from the subs.

I started on Suboxone perscribed by a doctor, but he gave me SIXTY a month, which was way too much. So I started taking just 1MG twice a day. That is 2MG daily. I would fold the strip down into four pieces then halve that. However, I am not going to lie, I started wanting to feel a bit high so lately I have been around 3MG - 4MG a day. Taking 1MG on work days (during the day because I don't care about being high for work) then 2MG when I get home to get an extra "AH" feeling. Suboxone most definitely makes me high sometimes. Sometimes too high.

Now, here come my questions. I think I am ready to start lessening the blow here since I truly feel that increasing my dosage has made me gain weight in my face and in other areas.

I have most recently gone on a 1200 calorie daily diet to make sure I lose and burn with my workouts but what can I do to reduce the amount of obvious weight Suboxone is giving me?

Does it even cause this, or did going from 25 - 27 just slow my metabolism?

How can I start to wean with where I am at with the LEAST amount of discomfort?

Is it possible for me to wean WITHOUT any discomfort?

I used to think that doing number 2 only every other day was causing it, but since I have been taking Chea seeds daily, I usually poop every 36 hours and nicely too.

Please help, my doctor doesn't know shit.

P.S. Sorry it was long anyway... :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

DazedAndConfused wrote:
Now, here come my questions. I think I am ready to start lessening the blow here since I truly feel that increasing my dosage has made me gain weight in my face and in other areas.

I have most recently gone on a 1200 calorie daily diet to make sure I lose and burn with my workouts but what can I do to reduce the amount of obvious weight Suboxone is giving me?

Does it even cause this, or did going from 25 - 27 just slow my metabolism?

How can I start to wean with where I am at with the LEAST amount of discomfort?

Is it possible for me to wean WITHOUT any discomfort?

I used to think that doing number 2 only every other day was causing it, but since I have been taking Chea seeds daily, I usually poop every 36 hours and nicely too.

Please help, my doctor doesn't know shit.

P.S. Sorry it was long anyway... :(

hi there dazedandconfused...

Glad you decided to post... and I'll try my BEST to help....

now for ME... going on subooxone did the EXACT OPPOSITE for my weight, but I was on methadone, before sub,,a nd LOTS of people claim methadone, makes you "retain water" and gain lots of weight...

PERSONALLY,,, in my very own opinion,,, I didn't do MUCH at all, except drive around back and forth from dr, to dr. and give people rides for pills,and eat fast food... so when I went ON sub,, well I got a job right away, and I sure work my ass off,,, LOL and after going back on ADHD meds,,, my food choices, weren't NEARLY as "impulse" driven,,
basically I've lost 96 pounds, to date
since going on subs, two years ago... VERY SLOW... like 6 pounds a month the first year, and then 2-4 pounds a month, for the next year.. but it ADDS UP!!!
and honestly, the dr.s all say that's the BEST WAY TO LOSE IT.... very slow....

If I were you,, I'd have your thyroid checked, just cuz the end of your "20s" beginning of the 30s, is when thyroid problems CAN arise, and it can go years, UN-detected,,, and it's a simple med, if you are having issues there,, and BAM your metabolism would be "corrected"
thyroid problems run in my family,, my mom and grams are BOTH on thyroid meds, so my dr. has checked numerous times to make sure that's not why i'm losing so much weight.... (thyroid can be lazy or work too much)

anyway,, I think I changed EVERY SINGLE thing, in my life, and that's why the weight loss....
hope that helps..

there's a few taper stories,,, where people HAVE tapered, to SMALL,, very small doses,,,, and I think it's a mind battle just as much as a physical one, to have the patience to do so... but if you put your MIND TO IT,, I bet you can do it..
here's a few stories I Know of,,,, I'll post the links,,, and then YOU can read in the "bupe in the rear-view" section and "stopping suboxone" section...

first,, here's the link to a "taper chart and calculator"
http://www.subotex.com/suboxone-taper-c ... ma-levels/

"success!! with the hole puncher method for tapering" this thread concentrates on getting nicely cut, CONSISTENT, very small doeses, from films....
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7449

here's the infamous "liquid taper" thread... definitely the way to go, for the "serious"
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296&start=0

last but NOT LEAST,, here's diary of a quitter's "super thread" on microgram tapering.... definitely worth the time, to read
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4040

I don't know if your last part of your post ,, is about constipation? but that's something I have struggled with EVER SINCE I starting abusing my FIRST NARCOTIC PERSCRIPTION.... I mean, I once went to the ER at 24 years old, cuz I didn't shit for OVER TWO WEEKS,, and felt like I was gonna shit my pants, for about THREE DAYS STRAIGHT...
yep, had to have an enema, of course, by a hottie male nurse, and YES it's a funny story, (now) but OMG, it was horrible...
and I shat something the size of a BASEBALL cuz the nurse was like,
"if you can't pass it, well you think THIS is bad, just wait"
UUGGGGGGHHHH

here's a thread on EVERYONE"s two cents... on how to help with it...
(you can tell its an all too common problem)

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=933

and for me,, FIBER ONE "plus" granola bars... One a day, for breakfast,,w orks like a charm.. I still only go every other day, but the dr. says, as long as that's "my normal" its A-OK

okay,, last I'm gonna leave you this video by Dr. J .. called "stopping suboxone the right way"
he really puts a LOT of great info in these videos... here's a link to all 19 of them,,, laid out w/titles...

and HOPE I ANSWERED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU FRIEND :wink: :wink: :wink:

all the videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuboxDoc/videos

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2CQ94aXDoQ[/youtube]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wowie maui.

Where to start.

First up... What makes you almost positive that suboxone is causing you all this weight gain? That just sounds totally ridiculous. If it DID cause weight gain... Then so would other opiates.

But. You seem to know that it isn't the sub in some sentences but you just don't want to accept that we all get older and start to hold more weight.

My advice would be to keep exercising and watching your diet, but don't limit your suboxone to try and lose weight! That's just crazy!

I just think that if the biggest problem with suboxone you have is "weight gain" then don't use that as your reason to get off of it.

Huge mistake. Because then you will be off suboxone, feeling Shitty, and still weigh the same. ht.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Last thing...

You say your doctor doesn't know anything at all....

Hmm.

You also said that you thought it was from not pooping, but the weight was showing the most in your face?

Hmm.

Poop Face Weight Gain Syndrome possibly?

Since we both are smarter than your doctor.

I'm just kidding you. Trying to get you to see that this whole thing is crazy. Your gaining weight just like everyone else does. Eating too many calories and not burning them off coupled with aging.

Simple

Not suboxone magically using its opiate powers to put weight on you.

That rascally suboxone! ;-)

Cheer up. If it WAS suboxone.... We would all have a bigger problem at hand lol

Post subject: Was in the Was Boat
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Your post caught my eye because I was almost in the same exact boat a couple of months ago, literally petrified of the w/d. By same boat, I mean I was on the same dosage, using it the same way (when I needed an extra "ah" feeling for when I went home or the weekends, I went up to 3-4mgs. On work days it was 1-2mgs. It's wrong to do it that way, but to be honest, the entire reason you're on subs is because you like the escapism that opiates provide.

Ill get to the point. At that low of a dosage, with a proper taper, I believe your w/d won't be nearly half as bad as you're anticipating. I've tapered off of both OC and suboxone. There is no comparison. I truly believe that because you've never taken high levels of suboxone (8-32mgs) your discomfort will be minimal compared to that of an OC type withdrawal. Don't get me wrong, you WILL have discomfort. How much discomfort depends on how much you taper and the amount of effort you put into preparing for jumping off. Also, try not to google the "suboxone withdrawal." It's mostly horror stories that you don't need to read. The good stories are hard to find because people that "got off" easy, rarely share their experience.

I know you said you get depressed during w/d. Would your doctor be willing to give you a script for a benzo? I believe that 90% of w/d is emotional/mental. A benzo to help quell anxiety helps tremendously.

As far as the weight gain, are you on any other meds? Anti-depressants?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Wow, Amber and NYG thank you so much for these responses. You have no idea how much better I feel with solid, real information at my disposal now instead of all the ignorance I hear on the street or otherwise. And NYG, you have no idea how warm and fuzzy I feel to know someone is in the exact same boat. I am going to study this material for when it is time to taper. But I am going to make sure I am completely ready because I don't want to relapse again.

As for the other poster, no disrespect but it seems like you are patronizing me a bit. Please understand that I am here to learn and you don't have to convince me you know more about Suboxone than I. I am sure you do. I am not against Subs, in fact, I said they basically saved my life. More than once. Also, yes I do think my doctor does not know much because he's in it for the money. He charged me cash for the visit and charged my insurance (I should have never told him I had insurance). Also, he gave me 60 a month which is WAY TOO MUCH. He even admitted and I quote "I think I have you too much last visit." And when I ask him questions, he knows next to nothing. I also bet if I asked him to write me pain meds he would. But I'm stronger than that.

Anyway, I reiterate, I am here to learn. I really want to be clean but STAY clean.

About my weight loss, it very well may have been my diet which is (like I said in the OP) why I am on a strict diet and workout routine. 1200 calories a day and even my mother said WOW about how I looked this weekend. It seemed I lost A LOT of weight in my face very quickly. I think what it was is not that sub causes weight gain, but that no matter how much I ate, after I took my dose I would be STARVING again. Now that I have been curbing that appetite by waiting it out, I feel I am already much better. It might take a while to get as thin as I want to be, but as long as I don't look like a chipmunk I'm find. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Docs are either in network or out of network. Many mental health docs refuse to join insurance networks because they pay very little, with the argument 'if you see 6 people per hour it will be enough money'. Most of us learn that you can't help anyone with 8 minute appointments.

So your doc is out of network. The proper action is to charge you--- believe it or not--- cash. The same stuff you use to pay a plumber, or lawyer, a grocer, or your college.

Your doc is going to the trouble of billowing your insurer AS A COURTESY TO YOU, in case it pays something. If insurance pays anything, it will come to you--- either in a check, or as a balance toe ward services (refunded to you if you don't use the services).

That is what every doc does --- accept the ones who leave YOU to submit your own claim (which is how it was in the old days),

This should all be reflected on your statement. Is it patronizing to point out that you're incorrectly accusing someone of fraud?