It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HEY GUYS....

I will keep it brief. I had her on.5 every other day and she was sick, stomach trouble,headaches, mood swings and the diarrhea was the worst. i did get her to take the immodium and it did help. I also found a way to chop the pill up yet even smaller which is no easy feat huh guys!! Anyway I put her on .25 every day or as close as I can cut it and she seems to do better like that. She seemed to feel better.She thought she was ready to jump until she was sick for a week on the every other day.

When I do let her take the leap and now she and her body want to wait a couple more weeks and thats OK right? When she is ready to try again will she be sick all over again?? I told her that I thought she would. I know .25 is a small dose but is it really?? I know this stuff is potent! I thought I might give it another week then try skipping a day again. I told her like someone said on here eventually she has to pay the piper. She has been on the sub for9 weeks. Oh also, just to sound encouraging she has no cravings! That amazes me. On the down side, she dumped her counselor and her sub doc saying she has enough sub to finish and she does unless she relapses. We argued and I told her those were both really shitty decisions but I couldn't bodily drag her although I tried my very best. But to her credit she seems happier, very sober, is job hunting and actually wearing makeup again and taking care in her appearance again.

Any and all advice welcome and needed and SO appreciated.

thanks lifesavers,
Linda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey, I would say just keep cutting the doses you have in half. I know they seem small... but i just did that untill i literally had nothing left. You will be down to specs, and i mean specs, but it should work. Thats what i did.. i only had a few bad days and it was uphill from there. Im still off the subs now, for like 2 months now. I still have issues sleeping but no opiate use, so i would try that.

good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey mom - I've heard of some people crushing the pill and then dividing the powder into equal piles - so if she's on a quarter of a pill you could crush that and divide it into two piles to get an eighth of a pill. Then she has to get the powder onto her finger and rub it under her tongue.

I haven't tried this but I've heard of a few people doing it. I agree with aggro - get her down as low as you can and get her stable there before she jumps. Most of the success stories I've read have done it like that. She will probably have a crappy week or two, but if she does everything she's supposed to, then she'll make it.

Will she look for another therapist or some sort of support network? She's going to need that.

And how are YOU doing?
v

-Jack Kornfield