It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Guys, I found a news release from Roxanne (https://www.roxane.com/DownloadBinary?n ... ablets.pdf) and will print it out and give it to my pharmacy. Thanks for the help guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for the link! Wow lots of reading there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

cmh79 wrote:
If that holds true then I cannot foresee doctors refusing to switch people as that would just be wrong. Maybe if they have a history of IV abuse but even then if they are on it most likely they are done with that and just want help. But we all know some doctors are just stubborn and set in their ways. So time will tell.

To my knowledge, buprenorphine itself is a mixed agonist/antagonist, so even trying to shoot up Subutex would result in immediate withdrawal symptoms. The main reason, as far as I know, of having nalaxone in Suboxone is to prevent over-dosing from fools eating handfuls to get high.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Century Gothic] [/font]
I cannot believe I found this forum! I have been in such a bad mood all day because I knew I was gonna have to find a way to quit sub because we are so broke! Hubbie lost job of 14 years due to economy and of course I was feeling guilty about my pharmacy run every week for suboxone! I too have to buy it weekly cuz of price. I cant wait to wake up in morn and call pharmacy and see if they have generic! But I am on suboxone not subutex. Anyway, I just joined this forum. Nice to meet u all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Nice to meet you funny momma....if you need advice on getting your doctor to switch you to subutex PM me or read the new thread I started....little tip, if your doc is stubborn or you go to some kind of clinic, tell him/her that your getting massive headaches around the time you take your med, they "should" switch you, even if your in the middle of picking up your script, then you can get the generic. Or ask the pharmacist to give you the generic, then he will call your doc for you while you wait :)

Post subject: generic is just fine
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

so ive been on the generic for quite some time now and everything is going great, lots of 12 step meetings, a couple of months in an I.O.P. program 84 pills for 147.00 a month. also another pharm. co. is coming out with another generic, looks like the brand. also there has been an approval for generic suboxone. just thought i'd stop by and post a quick update.
off to a 12 step meeting.

later guys/gals hang in there

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

suboxdoc wrote:
I have been on the look-out for info about a generic manufacturer stepping up to the plate... I'll second the motion, that if anyone hears of a generic form of buprenorphine, please post and let me know by e-mail as well.

Suboxone = high priced medication + growing patient base + cheap base chemicals = profit; I have to think that someone will be making a generic version!

Hello. in Sweden they are testing a new drug called ox219. So search on google on ox219. It contains buprenorphine + naloxone. Maybe it will drive down the price :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I got insurance but few times i paid outta pocket. October 2009 i heard of it. But that was the last I heard of it till now. I guess no one in FL has it.