It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

but that's 7 bucks a pill, right now I'm paying 5.80 for suboxone so the generic is more expensive???? I went in today (I get a week at a time, what I can afford) and the pharmacist had no clue when a generic was coming. If subutex is more expensive than suboxone (brand) then what is the point? I just pray every day costs come down because if I need to stop taking suboxone, I'm dead from an overdose...but if I keep paying 5.80/pill then no food, rent, clothing...ect. I just want my life back.

JayJay Sober since July 9th,2008

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Generic1 wrote:
I am pleased to anounce that the generic is now available. The were many concerns but never the less my doctor called me today and told me it was now available. I called my local CVS (which dispences alot of subutex due to several doctors in the area. The price for cash that was quoted:$425.00 FOR #60 8MG. AND $250 FOR #60 2MG. FROM ROXANE pharma.

The good news people were worried that it might only be a $10.00 savings at first, but in this case it is a $200 savings Aprox. 1/3 off the brand, this is kinda anti-climatic but not that bad, this is only one store, and prices will only fall more, as more is made... PLEASE POST PRICES/LOCATIONS

My local CVS is still not showing a generic available. I told them that others have it and they said to call back on it in a month.

But damn $7.00 a pill. I sure hope that as it gets out to more stores that the price will drop further.

1 thing is for sure...as long as most doctors prescribe -one then it will never come down that much. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

just got off the phone with roxane pharm. and was told that the demand is so large that they need time to make all the pills before then can ship then out....but good news....the end of the month is the day I was given when most all pharmicies (like 99%) WILL have generic subutex. No comment on generic suboxone or general price (that's up the the pharmacy) but if you have a sam's club go there it's by far the cheapest, and you need no membership to use the pharmacy

JayJay sober since July 9th, 2008 ( 8,320.00 tot cost of the last 16months!!!)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My doc was telling me how he expects the generic to suboxone to come out soon, but he said hes not sure the price will be that much cheaper because the process to make it is expensive. The doc here says the materials to make it are relatively cheap, but any idea on whether the difficult in making it will bump up the price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think you guys will be pleased to know that Walgreens in Michigan and elsewhere can now get the generic. The price for #60 8mg tablets ......$159.00.....$2.65 a pill :D

It will only get cheaper as more mom and pop pharmacies get it :D :D

Finally some bank account relief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

called walgreens in ohio today.....was told generic subutex would be there tomorrow!!!!! and cost f my 84 8mg tablets...around 200.00. currently subutex at sam's club (the cheapest place by far in my town) is more like 600.00. my suboxone is around 500.00 for 84. i'm making the switch tomorrow and saving 150.00 for the next 2 weeks..........now for generic suboxone?

JayJay Sober since July 9th, 2008

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jsp4th wrote:
called walgreens in ohio today.....was told generic subutex would be there tomorrow!!!!! and cost f my 84 8mg tablets...around 200.00. currently subutex at sam's club (the cheapest place by far in my town) is more like 600.00. my suboxone is around 500.00 for 84. i'm making the switch tomorrow and saving 150.00 for the next 2 weeks..........now for generic suboxone?

Great news jsp4th :D

I am very excited that finally there is bank account relief for a lot of people. The cost of treatment has been a huge stumbling block for many so this helps in so many ways.

For me this could not have come at a better time as I have had many a sleepless night worrying about it as I am a seasonal worker and in about 1 month my income will drastically decrease

As for the generic Suboxone... I wouldn't hold my breath. There are a few issues with it and from what I can gather they are having a very, very tough time getting it right, something to do with "manufacturing buprenorphine/naloxone combination tablets with consistent absorption characteristics"

If that holds true then I cannot foresee doctors refusing to switch people as that would just be wrong. Maybe if they have a history of IV abuse but even then if they are on it most likely they are done with that and just want help. But we all know some doctors are just stubborn and set in their ways. So time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:05 pm 
This is great news! Thanks to all of you for continually checking into this and sharing the info! I'll start checking around where I live and let you know what I find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

walgreens is special order right now....they get em for you but you got to get the main pharmacist, then order how many you need ....then in my case they should be in wed ...so it looks like for the rest of this month i'm still helping out r&B, but there are gonna be 84 sitting there for me when I go to the doc's next time (2 weeks) when I get em i'll take a pic and post it so we all know what they look like then write a daily review of my experience in a new thread....just in case absorption or something else is off because i'm blessed with a doctor who will work with me on this whole changing Rx and trying something new. Guinea pig #1 I guess :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Looking forward to hearing your experience with them Jayjay, and the pics. My doctor has agreed to switch me when I see them in 3 weeks. I will be one happy guy when I can finally fill the whole script and not have to go back once a week due to cost. :D

The Walgreens in my area ordered them and will have them in today or tomorrow :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh this is such good news!!! I think you're right about most doctors willing to make the switch if you're already stable on Suboxone even shooting up a generic subutex won't do anything.....Someone stable on Suboxone could just as easily shoot up a Suboxone tablet and the naloxone would not put them in withdrawal. As I've heard Dr. Junig mention before I think the naloxone in the Suboxone tablets was just a political tool to help legislation get passed that would allow Suboxone to be used in the outpatient setting. I'd be happy to switch over now one less chemical going into my body, even if it's in very minimal doses would be a good thing :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

and again CONGRATS to those who are currently without insurance Jsp4th I'm particularly happy for you! I hope you're able to eat better now that you'll actually have some money maybe you can even buy some stuff you want and not need now :wink: woot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jsp4th,

Hey, when you write about your experiences, start a new thread in here so others can reference it easily.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I will, start a new thread I mean. I go to the doc's next tue (the 10th) so hopefully all this planning will pay off and I should have the generic form then. Was doing some reading and it seems there is a sweetener and citric acid in the generics (link in earlier post in this thread) so it's looking like there not gross like subutex is, not that I care anyway, coming up with a recipe for bupe suckers that anyone can make at home, flavored they way you want. And as I see it absorption should be the same, the high temp of the sugar might become a problem since opiates break down at high temps. But crap with money is better than lemon-lime crap without ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

fo shizzle :) (jesus I can't believe I just said that lol!)

Post subject: Pharmacy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I picked up a scrip yesterday and asked the pharmacy(Kroger) about the generic and they knew nothing about it. What can I do to enlighten them on this, or will I just have to wait for them to hear it from an official source?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Most all respectable pharmacies will order a certain type of medication if you give them some heads up. When you go to get your next script filled I'd call the pharmacy a couple days ahead of time and let them know you'd like to pick up a generic subutex prescription in a couple days I can't imagine they wouldn't help you out.

Post subject: Re: Pharmacy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

kdraw44 wrote:
I picked up a scrip yesterday and asked the pharmacy(Kroger) about the generic and they knew nothing about it. What can I do to enlighten them on this, or will I just have to wait for them to hear it from an official source?

If you have a walgreens in your area contact them, they can get it for sure. If they do not have it they will order it for you. From what I have heard Roxane initially only distributed it to walgreens' wholesalers and some CVS pharmacies.

But here is something that confuses me. The CVS in my area can get it but like someone mentioned in a post further up or on the previous page, they wanted more for it than suboxone. But walgreens for #30 8mg wants only $80.00 or for #60 $159.00, why the gigantic price difference between the 2 pharmacies I have no idea :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I agree ask them to order it for you, also giant eagle wanted more than suboxone for the generic, yet Walgreens wanted about 3/5 less than suboxone. There is defiantly a huge difference in price between pharmacies, you just need to shop around until generics pick up more. I would also imagine that suboxone prices will go down when demand goes down, it's just going to take a while. Grab a phone book and start calling around, that's what I did, unless there is a walgreens close by, they seem to be the cheapest (and the nicest in my opinion). Good luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I almost forgot, about half of the places I have gone to told me they can't get it, but when I wouldn't leave and kept telling them that generic bup HCL was available, by roxanne pharm. and was "a squeaky wheel" so to speak I usually got someone wearing a white coat to help me, and most of the time was told that they could order it with a couple days heads up.