It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well was down to 2mg for the last 4 days and couldn't take the feeling tonight and took another 2 mg. I am so pissed at myself right now. I was doing so well on the 2mg and really did not have any major symptoms to complain about but for some reason tonight I had that urge and caved. I feel like I am never going to get off this medicine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

next time that happens try and take maybe .5mg instead of doubling your dose. Then you can take another small amount if that does not help. Keep doing that until you feel better. Since you got to day 4 on 2mg and you only took an extra 2mg today, tomorrow you should feel fine taking 2mg again. Its that half life that gets you on day four. Cant win em all. youll get em next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree, if it gets to you again, try to take the smallest amount that you need, be it .5 or 1 mg. And don't let it get you down. At least you didn't turn to oxy or whatever other full agonist.

When one is tapering, this is why the slower one goes, the easier it usually is to get off it with the least amount of discomfort. At two mg, you could try cutting your dose every other day. It'll get you lower a bit slower, but you'll feel the drops less (most likely). For example, take 2 mg one day, the next day take 1 mg, then 2, then 1, then 2, then 1. After about a week or so, you'll be at a solid 1.5 mg and likely didn't feel the drop at all. Have you tried going to the liquid taper yet? If you do that you can measure the lower doses more accurately.

Now please keep in mind that I haven't tapered, but this is based on what I've learned about subox in the last 2.5 years. Good luck and again, don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself time, be flexible, and above all, listen to your body. It's not a race to get off suboxone.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

DON'T LET IT GET TO YOU!!! Trust me, I'm digging myself out from a brief relapse right now and the worst thing you can do is beat yourself up. Beating yourself up will push you closer to screwing up again.

You're not the first person to ever cheat on your dose, OK. Many, many people tapering have done it.

Get your head back in the game, learn from what you did and WHY you did it and do your best not to let those circumstances come to fruition again.

I feel for ya, I know it's VERY hard to not get down on yourself, but understand that all getting down on yourself is going to accomplish is moving yourself in the wrong direction.

Upward and onward Kona!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yup slower is better I tried to taper last year and was not going slow and I just gave up...... this time I am going much much slower and its making a big difference. Dont beat yourself up, not a big setback.. patience.... ( I need to learn that one too) hang in there and be kind to yourself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Did not even want to get out of bed this morning...... but you are all right I need to focus on the day and keep going. I took my 2 mg this am and will try to stick with just that and we will see how it goes. My support system here thinks I should just stop and deal with it all at once. I'll have to get them to read this forum so they can have a clue as to what I am going through and everyone else who is on and who is trying to stop. The scary part of this whole thing is that the insurance I have now does not cover the doc visits or the meds but if I were to go back to pain management it would basically be covered 100% for everything. How can that not be tempting when money is extremely tight? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

check suboxone.com I had a 75.00 off coupon my dr gave me which helped alot for the suboxone film....I just googled suboxone coupon and it said there was one at suboxone.com but the site is not working right now ... worth checking into :)
it all helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You didn't "cave".

IMO you supplemented your dose temporarily to assist with the withdrawals from a previous reduction.

;) Now back to it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:43 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

kona, don't look at it as caving...look at it as easing the wd symptoms. My doctor even suggested doing just what you did when I get to low doses...increase it every OTHER day for 2 weeks to gradually bring it on down in your brain.

Realize what a great job you have done so far and congratulate yourself for that! You did nothing wrong. We will never get there if we don't keep "pushing the envelope", so to speak :) Keep whittling away at that dosage once you feel OK where you're at. Don't try to drop the dosage until you feel 100% in this place you are now.

You are doing fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Clearaqua........ your post really helped me. I think I need to go a little slower like you said and many others on here. As you know it is just so frustrating :x Thank god for this site, I really do not know what I would do without it. I did have to take another 1 mg tonight but atleast it was not another 2 and it made me feel better so hopefully that is a good sign that i can gradually get there.
Thanks again everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YAY, you're not beating yourself up!! Good for you!!

Kona, you will gradually get there. A Suboxone taper is no easy feat. It's hard work, but you can do it. Remember the story of "The Little Engine That Could", he kept saying "I think I can, I think I can", well, you have to be the little engine that could. Keep believing in yourself!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:13 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I like that analogy, romeo..."I think I can, I think I can"

kona, today was a rough day for me. I felt so lousy, mentally. Now, I have come down very far in 30 days and think I have finally hit my "ceiling". I have been fighting tears and melancholy for 48 hrs now. I look at that med bottle sitting on my counter....FULL of Subs...and think "I could take just 1 pill and turn this whole thing around....feel like a million bucks"....gosh, is it ever tempting. And who knows? I might hit a really rough patch and have to take a mg or two...and you know what? That's ok....as long as you don't make a habit of it and you keep walking the "taper path"...romeo is so right...this is work and the fortitude it takes is exactly what will make us successful.
I also want to remember these rough spots...so I am never tempted to return here. That's why I post!
If you notice, I've been here a little more today than normal. When I am feeling really rough like I have been today, it helps to come here and read and re-read these posts. To see people like romeo who have successfully made the jump and who know what I'm going thru means a great deal to me :)
Hang in there, kona!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kona,

Have you tried taking 1mg in the am and 1mg in the pm? I remember that as my dose got lower (2mg and under) I had to go back to dosing 2 times a day. Once a day just didn't cut it, especially at night, especially if it interfered with my ability to sleep.

It seemed to me from reading your posts that it's the afternoon or evening/night time when you're taking the extra dose, so maybe it's the same for you. If you're not ready to go down to 2mgs yet, you could do 1.5 am and 1.5 pm for a while until you get adjusted.

When I would decrease my dose (at this level) I'd make the reduction from my morning dose. I was busy during the daytime so it was easier for me to distract myself from any withdrawal symptoms.

Just go easy on yourself and stick with it and you will get there. I had to play around with how I did my taper and rework it quite a bit and a few times I had to go back up on my dose because my life was too stressful or I got sick and just couldn't deal with the tapering on top of everything. But eventually I was ready, and you will be too.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Kona sit tight Im on my 3rd and final attempt to get off sub for good , its week 2 and not feeling great and was so tempted to get a script!! I was down to an eigth of a 8mg tab before I stopped , just know itll go away eventually and you deff dont wanna do this 3 x like I did!!just keep talking tp ppl , itll help youll get through this....
steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:03 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

xsteve, hang in there, please! 2 weeks...wow....you are doing great. From everything I read, you've got another 1-2 weeks before you break through...you are halfway there!
Very proud of you! I will say a prayer that this is your time :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks again to all of you guys, it really helps to read your posts. I think i will try the 1mg in the am and 1mg in the pm because the evenings are the worse for me. It was the same when I was on norco, the evenings would be my binge time for some reason. The "I think I can" is awesome and I have to get my brain to stop saying "you know you can't" :twisted:
Thanks again, you really are my support system since I do not have one here and I really appreciate the time you guys have taken out for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hear ya on the evening being your binge time, I would take enough Lorcet during work to get by, but once I was out of work, I would really up my doses.

Please remember, stabilize when you need to, taper further when you can. There is no set timetable as far as how long it'll take you to stabilize at one dose or another, you have to be patient with this process. Believe me, I know patience is not usually our strong suit, but it's in your best interest, OK.

Hang in there, I think you're doing great. Be kind to yourself too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ClearAqua wrote:
xsteve, hang in there, please! 2 weeks...wow....you are doing great. From everything I read, you've got another 1-2 weeks before you break through...you are halfway there!

ClearAqua...ty ty , 3rd week now and its getting frustrating...tempted to call Doc , but probably wont , I will ask if there is something to eliviate symptoms though , I cant miss work and its a struggle just to get there! whats with the weak legs?? Im having a hard time walking , so uncomfortable! insomnia was bad last night so I take some calcium which supposedly helps sleep , but not much......here goes another week...

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

xsteve wrote:
ClearAqua wrote:

ClearAqua...ty ty , 3rd week now and its getting frustrating...tempted to call Doc , but probably wont , I will ask if there is something to eliviate symptoms though , I cant miss work and its a struggle just to get there! whats with the weak legs?? Im having a hard time walking , so uncomfortable! insomnia was bad last night so I take some calcium which supposedly helps sleep , but not much......here goes another week...

Steve

The sleep thing just ain't happening for me either, but it's weird because I'm only sleeping 5 hours or so but I wake up early and there's no going back to sleep no matter what. Can't fall asleep early either, so I just twiddle my thumbs or play scrabble on my iPad over and over and over.

It's Day 19 on 1 for me and we really are in the same spot, other than the fact that you are OFF Sub and I'm not, lol. I'm getting frustrated too. WTF? How long can it possibly take to feel normal again, or at least not wake up in total panic? We have to keep the faith!!!

Please don't get a script. BTW, I'm assuming you mean a script for regular opiates, right? You will be way back at the beginning again. That would be such a blow to one's confidence, and you may never recover. Don't ever take for granted that you'll have another shot at being sober if you go back to full agonist opiates. Go back on Sub before you do that. People don't plan to overdose and die, but geez, it happens all the time. There are now 36 people I've known from meetings who died over all the years, either from overdose on some drug or on alcohol or from getting loaded and taking their own life. One woman who had been a close friend for a long time passed away just a few weeks ago. :( Those people didn't plan on it. They wanted to use just that one last time, and it was indeed their last time.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So 2mg yesterday and had to take the extra 1 mg today. Looks like I can skip just one day with no syptoms. How long should I do this? I know I am gonna have to push the envelope sometime just really frightened to. I take care of everyone else and this is kicking my butt. I feel like such a wimp. Do any of you guys feel like this?