It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry Laddertripper just re-read your post and I was too worried about bitchin about my problem to realize you said you just lost a friend. I am sorry to hear that. You are an inspiration to alot of people on here and I did not want to ignore your post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

kona1389 wrote:
So 2mg yesterday and had to take the extra 1 mg today. Looks like I can skip just one day with no syptoms. How long should I do this? I know I am gonna have to push the envelope sometime just really frightened to. I take care of everyone else and this is kicking my butt. I feel like such a wimp. Do any of you guys feel like this?

HECK YEAH! I totally feel that way! I can understand what you are feeling to a T! I keep telling myself I'm going to outwit my brain on this one with all of the symptoms of w/d, but there are moments in the day where I say "Why am I doing this, and why the heck can't I just be done with this medication"! I feel aggrivated and scared, and really vulnerable!! But at the same time, I feel like I'm going to win in the end. Yes it's going to be a battle, and yes I am going to have some really awful days, but there will be a day when there isn't any of those things, and THAT'S the day I'm going for. That's the day I'm looking at while I'm staring down the hallway of impending doom. Sure I know I sound as cheesy as a bag of cheetos but the honest to goodness truth in the matter is, we didn't get here in a day, and we aren't going to get out of here in a day, but the only thing that should matter is that we will get there!! There WILL be a day of sobriety that feels really damn good!! You can't beat yourself up for having to take alittle more at different times to get you through it because I think if you didn't you might hurt your chances of sticking to it. The worse you feel the easier it is to just say screw this! No one can deal with that kind of torture 24/7. So just take your time, and look at the long term goals. There's always a few bumps in the road, but in the end you'll still be where you wanted to be.
You're doing a great job! You should be so proud of yourself!!

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Rain, I feel like I am going down a very looooooong hallway right now. Not that misery loves company but atleast I don't feel so alone in this. I am so totally done with this med and want off so badly but you are right, the slower the better. Thanks :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: yeah...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

kona1389 wrote:
So 2mg yesterday and had to take the extra 1 mg today. Looks like I can skip just one day with no syptoms. How long should I do this? I know I am gonna have to push the envelope sometime just really frightened to. I take care of everyone else and this is kicking my butt. I feel like such a wimp. Do any of you guys feel like this?

Skip days , yes I think that will help in the long run , I should have done that longer myself! work was tough today but I was busy and it didnt seem too bad , youll be fine if your determined , I am as crappy as I feel right now,,,Im too far into it!!good luck........

Steve

yes I feel like im letting everyone down at home cause Im useless for anything at the moment........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Steve, do NOT feel like you're letting everyone down, get that crap out of your head, you are taking care of you and you are building a better you!! You are too far into this to turn around now, you gotta keep fighting and believing that it gets better. I'm here to tell you that it gets better. We get better!!

Kona, it's completely normal to get super frustrated at times. This taper/wd business sucks!! Just keep doing your best to move forward. A taper is work, nothing to be afraid of, it's just constant work. Suboxone is tricky to taper in that one moment you feel fine and you think, "Hey, I got this licked" then BAM, it sneaks up on ya and kicks ya in the butt and leaves you confused as hell. There is this rollercoaster phenomenom that accompanies sub wd and it is nearly impossible to predict when that sucker is going to change directions. Try, try, try to be patient, OK?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:41 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

EVERYONE! ROMEO IS RIGHT!!! He is free and clear of the Subs now and I'm going to hang onto what he's sayin' :)

steve, man you hang in there...you CAN do this....do anything you have to to NOT cave. You have come so far and we are all pulling for you, praying for you...I know it's rough and sometimes you think you can't do it another second. If you ask DoaQ or romeo, both who are off Subs now, they will tell you that you think it's never going to end...but it does! I hope each day brings you a brighter outlook and an improved feeling of wholeness and wellness and.....well, everyday brings a glimmer of hope that you are on your way back. It's like your trying to walk thru muck and mire and you can see Eden just ahead but the mud is trying to suck your boots down in it and keep you from reaching the other side. Stretch your arms out in front of you....Eden is just about in your grasp :)

I am so in awe (and quite frankly, jealous) of all of you who are down to 1 mg or .5 mg....wow, I'm still at 6mgs/day...can't imagine being where you guys are! You all inspire me everyday that I can do this too.
The internet is so negative regarding Sub taper...my doctor told me to NOT read this stuff...to do my own taper and deal with any w/d by gently bumping doses every other day until stabilized...then try another drop. Of course, we don't have the luxury of being able to call our docs everyday with questions or to ask "Is this normal...is that normal....should I feel like this...etc..." and that is where this board comes into play. Thanks to you all for not only being honest about w/d but you are all honest in a positive way....does that make sense? What I sense is that everyone here is VERY serious about getting off Subs and no one is whining for whining's sake :) I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is the most positive group of "Sub taperers" that I've seen anywhere on the internet. We will look back 2 years down the road and realize that this board and every single one of us were instrumental in helping the others quit Suboxone.

I've made a vow to myself that once I jump that I will give back and help others through the process...like Romeo and DoaQ. That prods me to continue...through the w/d symptoms...through the hard work that tapering off Subs is. People are hurting out there...and now that I've seen how doctors are NOT properly trained in weaning us off...I think for myself, I have a responsibility to help others. So, thank you all....for posting...for being there everyday.

steve...I'm here for you. rain(bow)...I'm here for you. mg, ladder...I'm here for you. I believe in all of you who are tapering. I believe you are all going to make it. I believe we will be having that 2 year reunion down the road :) And, I believe that some of us will still be stopping by here....helping others to make that taper and jump when they feel it's their time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your advice. Took another 2mg tonight when it was supposed to be my skip day...S$%T.. will try again tommorow I guess. I am going to make an appt with my sub doc what should I be asking him for to help with the withdrawal symptoms?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Clonidine, it's a blood pressure medication that is prescribed 'off label' for opiate wd. My doctor gave me .1mg twice daily. Yeah, .1mg----it's not a typo. Clonidine helped me with my Central Nervous System issues. The shakes, irritability, lack of concentration and other stuff too. It is known to have a sedative effect as well, which for me was a friggin' huge bonus because I was having trouble sleeping.

If you start to get diarhea real bad, Immodium AD works great.

Those are the only two meds I took during my wd, other than a multi vitamin and a boat load of bacon and Gatorade.....I don't think any of them count as meds though. :D

I have heard of people taking Neurotonin, but since I haven't taken it, I'd rather not recommend it. Hopefully, others who have taken it or other meds to help them will be along to provide additional info.