It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm feeling so discouraged. went to the suboxone clinic for a quick short term detox at the butt crack of dawn this am only to sent home empty handed because they couldn't find opiates in my urine. I don't get it. :?: there should def be opiates in there SOMEWHERE! I only took 20mg the day before knowing that I need to be in withdrawals and around 60-80mg every other day (as in every single day) since like 2009. Mg would vary but how is that not detectable... My benzo was. Ugh. Thoughts? Right now I feel like poop ha
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm.... that's strange. Are you saying you took 60-80 mg of oxycodone? This is just semantics, but oxycodone does not show up as an 'opiate' or opioid, because it is a semi-synthetic mu agonist. If they test for heroin, oxycodone will not show up. But anyone looking for the full 'story' would check for oxycodone as well, since that is a primary drug of abuse.

Is this place on the shady side? What do they charge you for 'detox'? Do you know the numbers on detox-- i.e. that almost all people who detox are using again within a few months?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah the place is a little shady in my opinion but I think I'm pretty sheltered so hopefully we have the same idea of shady :) They have a bunch of different programs but suboxone program is actually really affordable.. It's like 90 to see the doc and then they give you your suboxone.. Since I wasn't in a full detox and the nurse for suboxone wouldn't be back till Monday they were going to try Subutex which was more.. It was like 150 start up and 20 bucks a day and if I chose that program I had to go in every day for a dose. I didn't care I just wanted something today. I do not know their numbers but I know there is another clinic in my area and they wanted 550 to start and 550 a month for suboxone which I just couldn't afford.

I am taking hydrocodone mainly actually not oxy and it did seem like most of the users coming and going for the 4 hours I sat there were probably heroine users. Idk :?
I guess it is what it is... Just feeling frustrated because im a puss and don't want to go through heavy w/d's

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:32 pm 

Maybe they only checked for heroin....I know that I've never heard of that but dang there has to be a reason ur opiates didn't show up. Did u ask them if they tested for hydro? That's confusing, if I were u I'd just keep going bk til it turns out right. And I totally understand what u mean about the clinic charging 550$ being unaffordable! Dang I thought mine was too expensive but that's got mine beat by far. I pay $350 a month cash cause I have no insurance. $550 is way too expensive, I wish this treatment wasn't so expensive.

Good luck and keep trying, don't give up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jenn, 'jormamma'.... do you mind telling me the general are you're from? I'm surprised at the prices they are charging....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sure, the program I'm talking about is in San Marcos Ca..which is outside of San Diego... That's the program that was really affordable (but has faulty drug tests lol but not lol, more like :oops: :x :( )

The one clinic that charges 550 initial and 550 a month is in Oceanside, CA which is a mile from San Marcos.. I called this clinic first and thought there was no way I could afford that so I called the one in San Marcos...

I have no idea why one place can get around charging that kind of money when the place down the road charges wayyyy less.. Like I said it was like 90 to start and they give you a script --- maybe that's where the cost comes from--- the pharm bill? Not sure

Suboxdoc - are you really a doctor? What part are you surprised about? The high cost?

I'm still so bummed about the opiates not showing up in my system... I was ready to quit on Friday and now I'm completely out so I know by Monday I will again probably have zero opiates in me :( I will have to go through 4 days of detox until my next script .. Instead of wanting to quit I'll probably puss out and use the new script as an excuse to get opiates in my system to try over again. This blows! Sorry just venting... Hopefully once the 4 days goes by I will just continue to try going sober.. Have a good weekend all!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:16 pm 

My clinic is in Kentucky and I pay $350 a month plus the cost of my medicine which is $9 a strip in this area. It's the cheapest I can find. There's also two other clinics in my area that charge $400 a month. It's expensive as heck and even though I do complain about it sometimes, it's worth the alternative, I don't want to sound ungrateful at all. But sometimes when I hear others that only pay $150 or something like that, I can't help but feel unlucky that this area is just so expensive.

Jemormma (I know that's the wrong spelling and I'm sorry but I completely forgot how u spelled ur username),

Yes suboxdoc is a real doctor and founder/owner of this site. In my eyes he knows more about suboxone than anyone. U should read his blogs on this website.