It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your sub is non-formulary on your insurance? So if I may ask, what is your copay then on non-formulary meds? My suboxone goes through as a name brand and it's $20 for me. My non-formulry meds, on the other hand, cost me $40. Again, I'll consider myself lucky that my insurance covers as much of it as they do.

Oh and I always check the retail price of my sub before i toss the bag. At Walgreen's, the most recent price for an 8/2mg sub tablet is nearly $10 per pill! OUCH....I know w/o my insurance that I couldn't come close to being able to afford this long term treatment. I have no clue where I'd be right now without it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Coupon
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:33 pm 

Don't forget about the coupon they offer to take $45 off the top. My co-pay is $40 for name brand so basically I pay nothing for the films.

There wasn't a coupon back when there was only the pill form was there? If so, I missed it.

Thank God for insurance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:37 pm 
xoxo143 wrote:
I don't know if you were aware of the 45$ savings coupons you can use towards your script of the Suboxone Film... They had a coupon for 75$ off a month for quite some time, although after that promotion ended the 45$ savings is now offered, I'm new here & I'd imagine most of you all are already aware of this coupon, but for those of you who are not it's helpful with lowering the cost of your monthy co-pay or full pay for those of us without insurance...

That crappy film is just a scam to make people pay the ridiculous cost for brand name Suboxone.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ironic wrote:
xoxo143 wrote:
I don't know if you were aware of the 45$ savings coupons you can use towards your script of the Suboxone Film... They had a coupon for 75$ off a month for quite some time, although after that promotion ended the 45$ savings is now offered, I'm new here & I'd imagine most of you all are already aware of this coupon, but for those of you who are not it's helpful with lowering the cost of your monthy co-pay or full pay for those of us without insurance...

That crappy film is just a scam to make people pay the ridiculous cost for brand name Suboxone.

Do you have this attitude in every post that you respond to..or is it just certain people..

Sounds pretty judgmental to say that about film..like you're dissing someone that takes the film ...

If it's the scam you say it is, then I'm going to continue to be a party to it..because I ASKED MY DOCTOR to switch me. He told me he would give me the pill form back if I wanted..but I prefer the "crappy film" instead.

I'll leave the scam part that you swear by to be between Caremark/CVS (my insurance carrier via BCBS of AL) and Reckitt Benckiser. All I'm worried with is the $80 a month I slap down for #any number over $79 worth at $1.36 each.

Post subject: Re: $ COST $
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

After using Suboxone strips (2mg) for over a year, I was switched to the Hi Tech generic buprenorphine. I started experiencing serious adverse side effects. I have switched back to the Suboxone strips. I recently filed an FDA Medwatch report for the Hi Tech brand.

Here is my original post: http://www.suboxforum.com/one-week-taking-tech-generic-subutex-t7538.html#p102475

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:28 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

On my old insurance, Suboxone films were free. My copay was $50 but received $50 off with the coupon card.

The same dose of Suboxone out of pocket (90 2mg films) cost me $266 and is on my plans excluded list (they will not cover Suboxone film period). My plan does cover generic Subutex but I haven't met my deductible and 30 8mg pills cost me $160. It's bad enough paying $125 out of pocket for a visit, insurance or not but the added cost of my meds is really starting to hurt!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:24 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I feel like I'm getting ripped off? 90 2mg strips of Suboxone cost me $260 out of pocket and 30 8mg generic Subutex ran me $160... I had expected the generic to be much cheaper, especially with a 30 count vs 90?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:48 am 

I completely understand how frustrating it is that for most people sub treatment is expensive. I have no insurance. I pay $350 a month, been there four years, and pay $9 a strip and I get 28 a month. The only break I get is using the suboxone coupon from their websites. I could go crazy if I wanted to think of what all I could be doing with that money that I spend on my treatment, but I can't think like that. I have to remember what my life was like before this treatment and where I'd be right now without it. I was miserable and my family was suffering from my addiction, I had zero peace of mind. Waking up today is a peaceful blessing with a happy family and just knowing my children are happy....it's priceless. That's how u have to look at things sometimes because it can drive ya crazy.

There's not much we can do about costs and insurance companies, but remembering how bad it used to be compared to now can maybe motivate u to let go of the negatives a little bit. That's what makes me feel better, because the amount of money I've spent for four years adds up to a hefty chunk of change.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I use to pay $170 for 30 60my strips in WV, I'm glad I'm not the only one with these problems..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:57 pm 

Hi all, I am so fortunate to have my insurance cover my suboxone. But, it never occurred to me to use the coupon for my 20 dollar copay! I am going to see if Rite aid will accept it!