It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Cost of suboxone?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone. I was just wondering how much does suboxone cost for people all ov the country. I get mine at walmart they charge 6.90 a pill. It's 330 for45 and 623 for 90. I had to pay 142 for 90. I got so much because my doctor is out and they don't know when I will see him again. I just wanted to know if there is a pharmacy cheaper then that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

When I was on it:

Suboxone: $704 for 90

Subutex: $778/90

Generic bupe: $289/90

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey sphinx, how have you been? Everything's good I hope.

Amazingly, my insurance covered my meds. No matter what strength or number of pills I only ever paid $20. So, I guess I'm lucky there, but my doc visit prices were the joke.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Romeo! Yea man everything is goin very well for me. Ever since I gave up oxy I have been happy and have lots of energy back. But I am hooked bad on caffeine lol. How have you been? That's crazy only 20 bucks huh? I pay between 70-140 for my script depends if I get 2 weeks worth or a month. My doc visits are 10 so that's cool. And it should not be anymore then that. I am in the waiting room for 30 mins and see the doctor for 5 minutes tops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm good, thanks for asking.

My med costs were low, but if you've read the post by Dr. j. regarding cost of treatment...that's where I was taking it on the chin.

It makes little sense to me as to why my insurance would cover my meds, but hardly any of my Dr. visit? Oh well, what can you do. As much as I want to, I don't really hold any hard feelings towards my sub doctor, without her and the meds I wouldn't be where I am today. Now, if I ever relapse and need to get back on sub, she's gonna be the LAST Dr. in the area I call!!

Very glad to hear you're doing well. Great news, man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:52 pm 
I get my medication from walmart. I started treatment taking suboxone with no insurance. The initial visit was $180. After that it was $62 once a month. Then around my 12th or 13th month i switched to subutex. By this time i had insurance so my monthly visits cost $30 and the generic subutex would have only cost $6, however the generic did not work well for me so i switched to namebrand subutex and i only pay $40 for 60 namebrand subutex. So, 30 for the once a month visit and then 40 for the months prescription. So, all in all i consider myself pretty lucky. And like i said i go to walmart. Oh, one time i got a glimpse of what the price of the subutex is without the insurance, it was $625. Its absolutely rediculous!! Thank goodness for insurance!! I will never understand how subutex cost more than suboxone. Im reffering to namebrand subutex. Subutex is buprenorphine. Suboxone is buprenorphine/naloxone. Suboxone is actually 2 medications and subutex is only 1. How is it that subutex cost so much more when its actually 1 medication instead of 2. I dont get it!! Im not complaining because i do have insurance but i have always wondered why this is. Anyone have any ideas why this is?