It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just made a trip to the pharmacy tonight to pick up the rest of my script. The script was for 48 8/mg sleeves. I have no insurance at the present time and I am taking 2 8/mg sleeves a day. The cost for 48 sleeves was 368.00 and that gets me about a month. I know on the Suboxone website I can get a relief card that I can use for my script once a month and it takes off 50.00. So I walked out of the pharmacy paying 318.00. I'm sure this has been asked somewhere on the forum but I'm new and didn't see it. Does anyone know of a way to go about getting that price dropped down even more?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:08 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sure there is. Drop your dose abit.i did. Or go generic. There are some out there now.in pill form.
But it seems to me the first thing to do is call around and do a price check. Those are your options.
I pay cash also.my sub intake is droping,16mgs to 6mgs.This option saved me the most money.
Also switching to walmart...and i hate walmart..ha..
So.....there ya go...raz.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Many docs will prescribe buprenorphine tablets, especially if the person is doing well. The 8 mg buprenorphine (generic Subutex) goes for a little over two bucks per tab in my part of Wisconsin.

There are also at least three companies making generic Suboxone at this point... and that should put some downward pressure on price. And yes--- reduce your dose. About 30% of a dose is absorbed on average, and you can double the absorption by taking a few steps. Google 'Suboxone talk zone' and 'optimizing absorption of buprenorphine' and the instructions will come up...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You can also ask your doctor if he has a spot open for the here to help program. Each doctor is allowed to have three patients on it at a time. If your family is below the poverty level which is fairly easy I think a family of three has to come in under like $50,000 a year to qualify, you can get your suboxone for free for one year. If your interested pm me and I will give you the number.