It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I will update this more when I have the time but to make a long story short I need help convincing my aunt to help me pay for suboxone. I keep relapsing almost every two weeks when I do not have suboxone and I have been buying it off of the street. My aunt is helping me out with rent and other finances as my grandmother passed away and left her some money. This is the first time in my life she has ever helped me and if I tell her that I have been using she will most likely stop supporting me. I use cash she sends me to buy suboxone and follow the addictive behavior of lying about what I spend my money on.

My mother passed away two years ago and before that she had spent a few thousand on keeping me on suboxone for over a year. After that treatment I ended up relapsing because the money and insurance simply ran out. I know that my aunt's argument is that I "dont really need it" because I was clean from opiates for about 8 months without it BUT I drank a lot which is for some reason acceptable to my aunt . She believes that it was a waste of money in the past because I ended up going back to using heroin worse than ever before after treatment. Even with a support system I believe I NEED Suboxone. It alleviates my depression better than any anti-depressant I take and in combination with Wellbutrin it reallly does miracles. Anyways I just need help convincing my aunt that I need suboxone, not just want it. I need to convince her that I don't want it to get high but that in order to maintain my sobriety that, at this point, it is absolutely necessary. The cravings combined with depression spiral out of control and often put me in a suicidal state where I will intentionally use too much and combine with benzos. Anyways, I need somebody's help .. please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Maybe you could make an appointment with a Suboxone doctor and get your aunt to go with you?

Have you looked into Reckitt's patient assistance program? If you are low-income and don't have insurance then you can get your meds for free from them, you just have to pay for the doctor appointments.

Some states have money available for addicts who want to seek treatment through health & human services. You could call 211 or your local crisis clinic for help.

I would also advise trying honesty with your aunt. Good luck.

-Jack Kornfield